Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 570 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
Babylonian
LA26
  • Profile picture
    fexo
    Topics:

All these “newcomers” possibilities (Haim and Zegler) aren’t good enough for me like it is Comer. I’m speaking in sense of acting, performance and the role of they needed to do. Comer’s role is a tough one and master class as well. Anyways, I know the chances here are more important in the popularity and the campaign.

You haven’t even seen haim and zegler and yet you talking with your chest like this 😭 😭 😭 😭 you did the same with gaga and what did she do? #1 box office and satellite nominee, nyfcc gg and cc next 💅not all of our faves can relate

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Well, well, well.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Yikes, if GG stacks Best Drama like that. Like who’s even gonna compete in musical? It’s gonna be wide open and insignificant.

I can only name Jlaw now. Maybe it would be smart to move Haim, Hudson or Chastain comedy

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

The more I see Cruz, Kidman, Stewart and Gaga’s names mentioned together, the more I am convinced they plus Colman make up the lineup, with the potential Hudson as a spoiler (though she gives my least favorite performance of the top 15 contenders).

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

I am kinda curious to see who missed Satelittle Nominations come tomorrow.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

The more I see Cruz, Kidman, Stewart and Gaga’s names mentioned together, the more I am convinced they plus Colman make up the lineup, with the potential Hudson as a spoiler (though she gives my least favorite performance of the top 15 contenders).

I have same top 5 except I would swap Cruz and Colman. Maybe add Chastain as potential spoiler as well.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I’m sure JHud, Haim, or I guess Zegler would take comedy/musical. Maybe Reinsve?

why would JHud be in comedy?

Profile picture
    Giordano Bruno
    Topics:

I can only name Jlaw now. Maybe it would be smart to move Haim, Hudson or Chastain comedy

Andrew is in best actor in comedy, so jessica os probably in there too. The others are jhud and haim

For drama is olivia missing and the last spot is for anyone

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

why would JHud be in comedy?

Biopic performances used to automatically go Musical/Comedy, no matter how dramatic the movie was (Marion Cotillard, Angela Bassett, Jamie Foxx etc)

But it doesn’t work like that anymore so I think JHud will definitely go Drama the same way Zellweger did

It’s actually funny how Bassett and Cotillard were allowed to compete and win in C/M for playing singers even though they both lipsynced

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Andrew is in best actor in comedy, so jessica os probably in there too. The others are jhud and haim

It’s weird… to put out a press release and leave off only one name.

It makes me think that last nominee is not a “big name”. Olivia Colman is… but yeah I don’t see why she would miss. But if it’s Haim or Jones or Thompson I guess it makes sense. Press releases tend to use the biggest names first.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Happy for Halle and her hit film. Like I’ve said before, I hope she gets at least 1 televised nomination.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I wonder which actress took the 5th spot in Best Drama? I’m definitely betting on Colman.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

I guess The Worst Person in the World will be the lame foreign film pushed this year. Not as bad as Another Round though, so maybe next year’s is decent.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

GG don’t follow Satellite when it comes to genre submission. ASIB was drama on the former but comedy/musical on the latter.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

It’s weird… to put out a press release and leave off only one name.

It makes me think that last nominee is not a “big name”. Olivia Colman is… but yeah I don’t see why she would miss. But if it’s Haim or Jones or Thompson I guess it makes sense. Press releases tend to use the biggest names first.

Satellite usually do 6 nominees for each category. So there’s 2 spots left.
    And for real, they only copy paste predictions with one or two own picks. It’s just nice to see the faves present but they are hardly relevant.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 570 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.