Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 570 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
Babylonian
LA26
  • Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Do you think there might be a bit of a pushback to another Gaga nomination from the acting branch bc of a sense of envy or that she’s taking roles from full time actresses?

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Is it possible the Academy surprises us with a Rooney Mara nom? She looks really good and she could feel like she’s flying under the radar but the Academy could appreciate her

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

Do you think there might be a bit of a pushback to another Gaga nomination from the acting branch bc of a sense of envy or that she’s taking roles from full time actresses?

That’s very unlikely. The Acting Branch doesn’t have that “you can’t sit with us” attitude. A win for Gaga tho, that’s another thing since the whole members are voting.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Is it possible the Academy surprises us with a Rooney Mara nom? She looks really good and she could feel like she’s flying under the radar but the Academy could appreciate her

If NA Hits+Her performance stands out, I can see her kick Chastain out as Searchlight priority

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Definitely not that. Envy? Mmm no.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

If NA Hits+Her performance stands out, I can see her kick Chastain out as Searchlight priority

Yeah, same. But I will say the final trailer makes the placement seem a little bizarre, and I know that everyone after Cooper is listed alphabetically or whatever but why is your LEAD ACTRESS so low because her name starts with M? So dumb…

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Definitely not that. Envy? Mmm no.

yeah it’s not like actors would ever get jealous that somebody from a different industry is coming and taking leading roles and coveted award nominations….

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Yeah, same. But I will say the final trailer makes the placement seem a little bizarre, and I know that everyone after Cooper is listed alphabetically or whatever but why is your LEAD ACTRESS so low because her name starts with M? So dumb…

“Nightmare Alley” is such a mess. They obviously switched from Blanchett to Mara in lead at the last moment and now it looks bad on the posters and trailers. This happens because Del Toro finished the movie at the last second. It’s going to cost him.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

“Nightmare Alley” is such a mess. They obviously switched from Blanchett to Mara in lead at the last moment and now it looks bad on the posters and trailers. This happens because Del Toro finished the movie at the last second. It’s going to cost him.

They still switched soon enough. No one has seen it yet. And it has been switched for some time. Today 1st reactions.

It wont be a problem for NA.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, Chastain is a GG favorite. She’s coming to upset Stewart at the Golden Globes since there is no urgency to give Nicole another one.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

That’s very unlikely. The Acting Branch doesn’t have that “you can’t sit with us” attitude. A win for Gaga tho, that’s another thing since the whole members are voting.

Yep, the “you can’t sit with us” attitude usually comes from the directing branch

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

As a massive fan of Naomi, my interpretation is that the user ‘bashing’ her simply meant that Naomi’s career is also littered with films that received mixed or negative critical receptions, making an attack on House of Gucci’s metacritic score hypocritical. This argument can obviously still be disputed, but I don’t think they were directly attacking Naomi. No one in their right mind would actually think Lady Gaga can be compared with Naomi Watts when it comes to acting.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Updated Top 5 1. Nicole Kidman 2. Olivia Colman(strong, close second) 3. Jessica Chastain (Dessert Palm recipient like René in 2019 and Olivia in 2018) 4. Kristen Stewart 5. Penelope Cruz on the brink Lady Gaga, Jennifer Hudson, Jodie Comer, Emilia Jones, Tessa Thompson, Rachel Zegler and Alana Haim

I wrote this post before the full reveal of Satellite noms, yes folks that’s the line-up. For Oscars, I would maybe put Hudson taking a spot of the 5.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

People, if someone is rooting for someone, they will go hard for them, if they don’t want someone to be nominated, they will find any reason to demean their chances, no one will be 100% objective, it’s impossible and most people will be hypocrites trying to support their faves or rooting against someone. At the end of the day, no one is right and having those long rants is tiring, root for whoever you want but stop calling people out because they don’t agree with your choices

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I wrote this post before the full reveal of Satellite noms, yes folks that’s the line-up. For Oscars, I would maybe put Hudson taking a spot of the 5.

Comedy/Musical with all awards that have this split is Hudson’s to lose. I get that Zegler is the Flavor of Twitter Reaction Day but her movie’s likely going to take Comedy/Musical so no urgency to award her too for what is shaping up to be a SAG Ensemble player. Also, Hudson has weathered new movies and new flavors of the day,week, month since August so she obviously has something going for her.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 570 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.