Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 570 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
Babylonian
LA26
  • Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

As a massive fan of Naomi, my interpretation is that the user ‘bashing’ her simply meant that Naomi’s career is also littered with films that received mixed or negative critical receptions, making an attack on House of Gucci’s metacritic score hypocritical. This argument can obviously still be disputed, but I don’t think they were directly attacking Naomi. No one in their right mind would actually think Lady Gaga can be compared with Naomi Watts when it comes to acting.

smart people would know that Lady Gaga is in her own lane and only comparable to herself.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Do you think there might be a bit of a pushback to another Gaga nomination from the acting branch bc of a sense of envy or that she’s taking roles from full time actresses?

I don’t think she gets nominated for her next role if she gets in for House of Gucci. She can’t be nominated for everything she does.

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Huns, Chastain is a GG favorite. She’s coming to upset Stewart at the Golden Globes since there is no urgency to give Nicole another one.

There’s no urgency to give it to Chastain for a flop. Not to mention that she isn’t even the frontrunner/most buzzed about/biggest star/other thing Globes love.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

I don’t think she gets nominated for her next role if she gets in for House of Gucci. She can’t be nominated for everything she does.

I guess that’s why I don’t think she will be nominated for such a weak project. Gaga will get nominated again pretty soon and she will 100% win an Oscar, but I think HoG is just not it at all

Profile picture
    Ivan Ranjit
    Topics:

I guess that’s why I don’t think she will be nominated for such a weak project. Gaga will get nominated again pretty soon and she will 100% win an Oscar, but I think HoG is just not it at all

I have a feeling her next film will be a more commercial project. I know that both her films have been huge hits but I mean a commercial film that’s not looking for awards but just bums on seats.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

This makes no sense at all. It isn’t like HoG came out a year after ASIB or that she has another project next year. So yes, she can get in for every project she makes every 3 or 4 years. I mean, people not just got nominated but won back to back but Gaga somehow can’t even get nominated for the first project in a few years since her nom? Riiiight.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Hmn. Idk if Gaga is looking for that.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

This makes no sense at all. It isn’t like HoG came out a year after ASIB or that she has another project next year. So yes, she can get in for every project she makes every 3 or 4 years. I mean, people not just got nominated but won back to back but Gaga somehow can’t even get nominated for the first project in a few years since her nom? Riiiight.

it’s been 2 years. Let’s not exaggerate

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Lot of experts still have Chastain in their line up…

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

it’s been 2 years. Let’s not exaggerate

Russell Crow got 3 back to back noms, out of them 1 became a win and the other would have been a win had he managed his temper. Renee Zellweger got 3 noms back to back and the last one became her first win. Waltz, Ali and Inarittu won back to back.

But sure, it’s too early to nominate Gaga again after 2 years.

Lot of experts still have Chastain in their line up…

and they still have Hudson but she is the one that gets disputed here despite having a more successful movie critically and boxoffice-wise and playing an icon who hand-picked her.

Profile picture
    Rodrigo Moura
    Topics:

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>já faz 2 anos. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Não vamos exagerar</span></span>

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

The last couple of years have proved that the Academy doesn’t give a sht when it comes to nominate people who have been nominated a lot in a row or give awards to already rewarded people, the Academy does what they want, they even ignored Glenn’s and Chadwick’s narrative and gave a third acting win to Frances, they do what ever they feel like doing

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

The Queen at the Landscapers UK premiere in London on November 30  

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Lol, these Satellite awards established nothing other than the fact maybe Thompson, Comer, Berry and Frances are becoming more unlikely.

I think the shortlist at this point is probably: Stewart, Kidman, Gaga, Colman, Cruz, Chastain, Haim and Jennifer Hudson.

One or two will miss at the CCAs.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

The last couple of years have proved that the Academy doesn’t give a sht when it comes to nominate people who have been nominated a lot in a row or give awards to already rewarded people, the Academy does what they want, they even ignored Glenn’s and Chadwick’s narrative and gave a third acting win to Frances, they do what ever they feel like doing

No, there was no narrative. What you call narrative is something that does not exist among voters. They don’t think the way awards watchers (all of them stans of one or the other champion) and media think. Hence why they have no problem awarding back to back. The “they won’t give it to X so soon” exists only among us because that help us build the case for our faves and against their challengers. But that’s not how AMPAS thinks. Nor they lurk here to see what “narratives” they should support.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 570 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.