Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 570 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
Babylonian
LA26
  • Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Watts is GOAT in MH and that’s a stone cold fact. Pitty that her career never reached the heights of Blanchett or Kidman (to stay on Aussie side) for whatever reason. Perhaps because she never had a chance to match or surpass MH with anything?

Profile picture
    reelflickbuff
    Topics:

What? I’m talking about Naomi Watts in Mulholland Drive but Kristen Stewart gave a GREAT performance in Spencer.

Hi…umm, I love you for this post. Naomi Watts indeed gives one of the best performances of all time in MH, which is also one of my all-time favorite movies.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Lol, these Satellite awards established nothing other than the fact maybe Thompson, Comer, Berry and Frances are becoming more unlikely.

I think the shortlist at this point is probably: Stewart, Kidman, Gaga, Colman, Cruz, Chastain, Haim and Jennifer Hudson.

One or two will miss at the CCAs.

Always like that. A billion names early on that feels super competitive and then it gets restricted to 6-7 contenders once nominations start.

Not like Satellite are a taste of the industry tho. They just check the boxes of contenders they watch.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Always like that. A billion names early on that feels super competitive and then it gets restricted to 6-7 contenders once nominations start. Not like Satellite are a taste of the industry tho. They just check the boxes of contenders they watch.

Like most awards that nominate based on who they think has the best shot to be nominated for the Oscars. Which we all hate until BAFTA Jury throws a total monkey wrench with their off the wall choices that have no chance with Oscars in million years while benching actors who do. I’ll take Satellite approach any time any day. 🙂

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Can we make a new thread lol?

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Like most awards that nominate based on who they think has the best shot to be nominated for the Oscars. Which we all hate until BAFTA Jury throws a total monkey wrench with their off the wall choices that have no chance with Oscars in million years while benching actors who do. I’ll take Satellite approach any time any day. 🙂

What i meant is they nominate what is perceived as an Oscar contender. Just like Critics Choice. Then when bigger precursors start with oscar voters involved like at SAG or BAFTA we have “snubs” and surprises. But many that we were sure to be in didn’t really matter to those who matter.

But regardless, I still love that Gaga is nom’d there and I’m so stoked she has a big campaign, individual reception and consideration for the next awards.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

The Queen at the Landscapers UK premiere in London on November 30

Dressed like the reaper to kill careers yet again, I know that’s right sis

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

The Queen at the Landscapers UK premiere in London on November 30

The fact Olivia scored an Oscar win and Emmy nomination in 2019,then an Oscar nomination and Emmy win in 2021 and could score another Oscar nomination for The Lost Daughter and Emmy nomination for Landscapers during 2022 is an incredible feat for her, getting an Oscar an Emmy nomination in the same year is hard and Olivia has done it 2 times already and could do it a third time for second year in a row, what a talented Queen she is.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The fact Olivia scored an Oscar win and Emmy nomination in 2019,then an Oscar nomination and Emmy win in 2021 and could score another Oscar nomination for The Lost Daughter and Emmy nomination for Landscapers during 2022 is an incredible feat for her, getting an Oscar an Emmy nomination in the same year, Olivia doing it 2 times already and could do it a third time for second year in a row, what a talented Queen she is.

(*slots Olivia into their 2023 Emmy predictions for Secret Invasion…*)

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

The last couple of years have proved that the Academy doesn’t give a sht when it comes to nominate people who have been nominated a lot in a row or give awards to already rewarded people, the Academy does what they want, they even ignored Glenn’s and Chadwick’s narrative and gave a third acting win to Frances, they do what ever they feel like doing

This is true who knows even Sandra might get in lol

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I never really got why Naomi became a target in this year’s Best Actress discussion (a dig at me? lol please), especially when I never claimed she was “The Most Talented Actress who Ever Lived” or a “god” or some obnoxious stan shit. If anything, she’s underrated and my impression is that she cares more about her family instead of being thirsty for a fucking Oscar. Getting a dildo is not a priority for every talented performer. She does what she wants. I love to see it.
    The good thing is that the bad vibes ended up turning this into an appreciation thread for her.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I never really got why Naomi became a target in this year’s Best Actress discussion (a dig at me? lol please), especially when I never claimed she was “The Most Talented Actress who Ever Lived” or a “god” or some obnoxious stan shit. If anything, she’s underrated and my impression is that she cares more about her family instead of being thirsty for a fucking Oscar. Getting a dildo is not a priority for every talented performer. She does what she wants. I love to see it. The good thing is that the bad vibes ended up turning this into an appreciation thread for her.

I love naomi she’s so underrated. this thread will drag any actresses in competition or not for the awards season to uplift the actresses they stan.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Olivia getting awards just for attending a premiere. Icon.

Sarah Caroline is not playing, girls.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I love naomi she’s so underrated. this thread will drag any actresses in competition or not for the awards season to uplift the actresses they stan.

Girl, something about our Queens slaying in the early 2000s is so magical. It rarely happens anymore.
    Maybe it was the glitter makeup or the crazy hair in the midst of pure non-prefabricated talent but I miss that

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 570 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.