Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 570 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
Babylonian
LA26
  • Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

How can anyone dislike Olivia?

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

I hate that Critics are so hard on Halle Berry but they praise trash like The Harder They Fall.

Agreed.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Lmaooooo The Harder They Fall >>>>>>>>>>>> and it’s not even close.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

How can anyone dislike Olivia?

I personally am not on high on her as everyone else here and find her win for The Favourite horrid. Glenn was so much better and that film is shit. But she is a talented actress that is having a good peak in her career, besides being such a nice person. So there’s not much to warrant hate for her.

Her fans tho are annoying cause they think she wins for anything just for existing and not because she got major projects in Hollywood that gets proper campaign and promotion. Sans The Lost Daughter in the upcoming weeks/months.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Halle’s performance really stayed with me and I’m so proud of her. I believed everything she did in the film. The argument with her boyfriend at the top of the film, the big scene with her mother over trauma, the beautiful and tender scenes with her son, and the gorgeous scenes with Sheila Atim…and the emotional fight/conclusion. Halle was fantastic. I hope this film at least continues to be an audience hit.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Halle’s performance really stayed with me and I’m so proud of her. I believed everything she did in the film. The argument with her boyfriend at the top of the film, the big scene with her mother over trauma, the beautiful and tender scenes with son, and the gorgeous scenes with Sheila Atim….Halle was fantastic. I hope this film at least continues to be an audience hit.

The very last scene of the movie

oh yeah that was a moment

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

The very last scene of the movie

oh yeah that was a moment

The scene when she returns to her mother’s home after the fight and talks to her son……

s

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Oh, but they are babe. Yeah BR was obviously a juggernaut at the box office unlike Respect. That’s a no brainer. However, both Rami Malek and Jennifer Hudson played worldwide known respected legends. They both were in mediocre reviewed films, but both ended their respective performances in the same way, on a high note performing a very well known performance that overall brought “the house down” The only big difference is that one can actually sing, the other did not… We are not talking about their films. We are talking about their performances. No one is in here saying Respect is going to be on the same level as Bohemian Rhapsody. I’m saying their performances are on similar par of each other. Praised performances playing legends in mediocre films with great singing scenes. Shoot, if anything Hudson should be even more regarded than Malek, at least those are her actual vocals.

I mean Hudson could happen, but you are reaching with this BR comparison. I’m so tired of “they played a legend” being used as a reason someone will get in. We have three people playing legends (Kidman, Hudson, and Stewart) and two people playing real life people (Gaga, Chastain). I don’t see a scenario where all five get in, and Hudson is looking like the weakest next to Chastain because Respect has no other narrative going for it other than Aretha’s legacy.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson is more Taron Egerton than Rami Malek.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

NOT you spoiling all the Berry feels before I open my wine and watch the movie lmao

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson is more Taron Egerton than Rami Malek.

If even that

Rocketman was a hit, Egerton won the Globe, hit all the precursors and Elton John campaigned himself

The “x will automatically get in because x plays a legend” argument died the second Egerton missed after a flawless precursor run. Whatever happens happens

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Again it’s not a BR comparison. It’s a Rami Malek comparison, only I don’t think she’s winning of course. I’m defending her nomination like his is all. Has nothing to do with their films. I will say Gaga has just as much chance of getting in that 4th or 5th spot as who I’m predicting, just not agreeing with it. Do want to give you a quick S/O though. I must say you’re one of the few Gaga Stans on here that are pleasant to interact with.

JHud could happen, but she is not the strongest MGM contender (Gaga), or the strongest biopic contender (Stewart or Kidman), and Tessa seems stronger as a woc contender due to Ruth Negga’s strength in BSA.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 570 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.