Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 570 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
Babylonian
LA26
  • Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Lmaooooo The Harder They Fall >>>>>>>>>>>> and it’s not even close.

The Harder They Fall should sweep the Razzies. Only Delroy Lindo gave a good performance. The rest if the cast was horribly disappointing.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

We all know that, however the trajectory of Moonlight – an independent film with a LOT critical acclaim that went to win BP in a regular year is not comparable to the trajectory TEOTF (a movie with a 55 on MC during a pandemic year) would get from a sole BA nomination. If the movie had a second theatrical run and tripled it’s box office Chastain would still be the actress with the lowest box office numbers nominated this century. Because this year overlapped movies release dates and awards nominations it’s very hard to compare but for 2019 all nominees movies (except Marriage Story of course) had made more than 10 million dollars before awards season began.

oh yeah lol I mean I agreed with the rest of your point, lol I wasn’t disputing that. just a pet peeve to use after-Oscars gross tho. Kinda crazy to think that 10 mil really…wasn’t that much for a film with a major studio or even A24 films really. Bygone era.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Tessa is funny af

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Tessa is funny af

Tessa’s like……… I wanna say the absolute coolest? Like, she’s SO glam but at NYFF she was like this avant-garde GOD. Then again she just followed Kristen Stewart and that’s just 22222 much coolness together.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

I mean Hudson could happen, but you are reaching with this BR comparison. I’m so tired of “they played a legend” being used as a reason someone will get in. We have three people playing legends (Kidman, Hudson, and Stewart) and two people playing real life people (Gaga, Chastain). I don’t see a scenario where all five get in, and Hudson is looking like the weakest next to Chastain because Respect has no other narrative going for it other than Aretha’s legacy.

Actually, Kidman plays BOTH plays a Real life figure and a sitcom famous character. Therefore Kidman plays 2 different individuals all the others don’t… that is why Kidman has an advantage because her role is much more difficult and make her win.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I’m so happy that people are cheering for Halle,  despite of her movie not being critical acclaim. But amongst the Best Actress her role is the hardest because being a mma fighter isn’t easy lol. Compared to others which are biopics.  Why do you guys think that Netlix is campaigning for her? We know that Olivia is Netflix  priority because of the nature of her film being acclaim. I just hope Halle can get in with SAG or Golden Globes.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

We’re already at the desperate stage where you even diss Halle Berry, I see.

Have you watch bruised face girl lol

Profile picture
    wgoran
    Topics:

feels like christmas seeing all the bruised/halle love in this thread

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Beside the spoilers motivation, you shouldn’t really post leaked gifs from an illegal recording, Jesus, I wish there was a moderation around here…

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

The Harder They Fall should sweep the Razzies. Only Delroy Lindo gave a good performance. The rest if the cast was horribly disappointing.

Funny way to spell Brusied babe. And no Delroy was not the only one to give a good performance lmao.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Funny way to spell Brusied babe. And no Delroy was not the only one to give a good performance lmao.

What would Bruised win a Razzie for ? Halle was great, Sheila was great, the cinematography was adequate, nice score. The film was a nice Netflix film. Halle and Sheila elevated the material.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 570 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.