Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 493 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Babylonian
Plumpshell
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    haimentines
    Topics:

I honestly don’t get Zegler replacing Gaga? If anything, it will be between Zegler and Haim for one spot. There’s way more to suggest that Gaga is safely in that holding on by a thread, some of y’all just want a reason to kick Gaga out.

i don’t rlly see gaga in the race at all bc the film did not do very well critically despite her performance possibly getting some praise. her spot will likely be fought over by zegler + haim who are both debuts w high acclaim.

Profile picture
    Whirlwind
    Topics:

Exactly. Rachel Zegler is getting in no matter what. She’s the POC to give diversity to the top 5.

Is she not white?

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Gaga stans, better luck next year.

The fact you put like in your own post, the desperation is real.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

The way ya still think Jessica Chastain isn’t getting nominated. I have to laugh. Gurl is coming to win for that heartbreaking performance.

Chastain isn’t winning for a no1curr September flop with a yellow MC. She is probably getting nominated but she has a considerable uphill struggle if she is to win.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Is she not white?

She is Latina lmao

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

The way ya still think Jessica Chastain isn’t getting nominated. I have to laugh. Gurl is coming to win for that heartbreaking performance.

Good for you Chastain stan, let’s see who has the last laugh then!

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Flanigan was definitely considered, not necessarily as a top contender, but when the fifth spot in Best Actress was looking open-ish, Day was the obvious answer but Flanigan was considered to be the strongest possibility after her.

Was she? There was certainly more buzz for Rosamund Pike after her GG win and Amy Adams after her SAG nomination. Tbh there wasn’t a single point during last year’s season where Flanigan was 5th which could not be said about the other two.

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    A HERO:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Amir Jadidi)
    - Best International Feature

NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

RIDERS OF JUSTICE:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Actor (Mads Mikkelsen)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Nicolas Bro)

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Chastain isn’t winning for a no1curr September flop with a yellow MC. She is probably getting nominated but she has a considerable uphill struggle if she is to win.

Gaga took her spot tbh. Gaga is in the more successful “campy” biopic role, except Gaga’s film has the better box office, better hair/makeup chances, costume chances and Best Supporting Actor chances.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I feel bad for Kristen. Hopefully she wins CCA or GG. Because if she loses those, she’s done. It seems that the industry may continue to have a bias against her, regardless of the merits of her performance.

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

Where I’m at so far.

1. Kristen Stewart.
    GOOD: Acclaimed performance. Portrays the most famous woman on Earth. Sole NEON push. The only actor in the film who does the “ACTING”. Fans. Transformative.
    BAD: Divisive film. Probable British bloc snub.
    2. Nicole Kidman.
    pros. Acclaimed performance. Portrays an industry icon. Sole Amazon push. Aaron Sorkin script. Overdue for 2nd Oscar.
    cons: Has to share the screen with Javier Bardem. Aaron Sorkin direction.
    3. Olivia Colman.
    GOOD: Recency bias. NETFLIX. Acclaimed performance.
    BAD: Just won 2 years ago. Divisive role and film.
    4. Alana Haim.
    GOOD: Acclaimed performance. Universal Pictures. Paul Thomas Anderson. Best Picture Contender.
    BAD: Breakthrough. Contending against industry veterans.
    5. Lady Gaga/ Penelope Cruz.
    GOOD: Acclaimed performance. Baity. Oscar needs ratings. Box office/ Acclaimed performance. Pedro Almodovar.
    BAD: Bad film. Divisive role. Gucci Family backlash. Voters not rushing to award an acting Oscar to a megahit superstar known primarily for MUSIC/ Parallel Mothers not up for BFLF.

Profile picture
    Certified Lover Babe
    Topics:

THIS! She’s already earned 5 Best Actress nominations in these last few months. These may be small shows/critics that no one cares for, but it shows there’s passion for her performance

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

I feel bad for Kristen. Hopefully she wins CCA or GG. Because if she loses those, she’s done. It seems that the industry may continue to have a bias against her, regardless of the merits of her performance.

Stewart not winning NBR changes precisely nothing. NBR is meaningless.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Me reading all the KStew and Gaga Stan come at me because they’re scared their faves are not the slam dunk they thought they were.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Me reading all the KStew and Gaga Stan come at me because they’re scared their faves are not the slam dunk they thought they were.

No one is a slam dunk at this time.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

You are the one who brought up the fact that I didn’t include Chastain in my predictions, delusional stan with zero arguments to make your case other than trying to be shady towards anybody that does not think that yellow MC score flop is the vehicle Chastain will win her Oscar for. If you think I look scared that’s on you cause I think you look desperate.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.