Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 493 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Babylonian
Plumpshell
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

There is no possibly getting praised. She was universally praised for her role. She saved the movie from being absolutely panned. That’s a fact. Keep underestimating her though. That’s always worked out well.

Gaga was the best bit about Gucci for me but she wasn’t universally praised. She got some not great ink. At the minute I think it’s 50/50 whether she makes it or not.

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

All of a sudden Stewart is getting snubbed because…she didn’t win NBR? some of you have way too high a post count to be acting like you’re new

FYC:

Best Picture: C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (C'mon C'mon), Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick... Boom!)
    Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)
    Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs (Mass), Robin de Jesús (Tick, Tick... Boom!)

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

All of a sudden Stewart is getting snubbed because…she didn’t win NBR? some of you have way too high a post count to be acting like you’re new

LOL this. NBR’s track record with this category particularly in the last decade should show how much weight we should give it (spoiler: none at all).

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

You are the one who brought up the fact that I didn’t include Chastain in my predictions, delusional stan with zero arguments to make your case other than trying to be shady towards anybody that does not think that yellow MC score flop is the vehicle Chastain will win her Oscar for. If you think I look scared that’s on you cause I think you look desperate.

Hun, me desperate, I have to laugh. i’m just spilling tea here. But you seem too weak to take it.

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Zegler’s situation has nothing to do with Flanigan’s. The latter was in an indie abortion drama (that even got some AMPAS members mad enough to write emails to Hittman just to drag her) dumped by Focus in the first half of the year. The former is in a Spielberg-directed remake of a Hollywood classic released in December (to big BO potential according to the projections) by a Disney-owned studio. It’s like comparing apples to oranges.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Hun, me desperate, I have to laugh. i’m just spilling tea here. But you seem too weak to take it.

You just proved my point, zero arguments other than trying to be shady… And all the best luck trying to find anybody who wants to listen to your tea about a performance in a movie that grossed 2 million at the box office, I’m sure people are dying to know how great she is in that movie nobody has seen.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, Kstew will probably miss BAFTA nominations and GAG is not making it anywhere but CC and Golden Globe.

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Someone on Reddit actually did an analysis of NBR and concluded this for actress:

Best Actress: Nominated- 8/12, Won- 3/12: Our best win rate of the big 4 categories and a fairly good nomination rate too. This is a hard one to say for sure if its a safe assumption or not as it is over 50% of the time but this year especially Actress is so competitive. That means either NBR will help push someone in or NBR will award someone who was on the cusp of nomination. Way too hard to decide that right now for sure.

I definitely don’t think Stewart missing NBR means she’s necessarily not winning or anything, she definitely still could. If anything, this more just talks about Zegler.

The comparison to NRSA and Flanigan is weird though and I don’t know why they’re being compared since I think they’re both pretty separate situations.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

Fates of KStew fans, this season

winning Volpi means nothing

audience score on RT means nothing

box office numbers means nothing

NBR means nothing

Globes means nothing

BAFTAs means nothing

Oscars means nothing, she already got the French equivalent

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Kristen may be a weak frontrunner, but she ain’t that weak for Jessica to win, Nicole is the one who’s getting stronger every day.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Kristen may be a weak frontrunner, but she ain’t that weak for Jessica to win, Nicole is getting stronger every day.

Hun, Wigsman has already been jinxed by Aaron Sorkin. None of his actors win Oscars. AND her role isn’t as big a transformation as Chastain.

Profile picture
    Giordano Bruno
    Topics:

Gaga was the best bit about Gucci for me but she wasn’t universally praised. She got some not great ink. At the minute I think it’s 50/50 whether she makes it or not.

Gaga got praised by:

critics that loved the movie

Critics that hated the movie

Voters from some awards

The general public

But yeah she was not universally praised and got only 1 or 2 good calls for sure lol

I swear some of you here live on your own Planet

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

the derangement. “NBR doesn’t make or break frontrunner status” =/= “I’m a KStew stan”.

I haven’t even made my personal pick in this category yet, too much to see.

FYC:

Best Picture: C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (C'mon C'mon), Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick... Boom!)
    Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)
    Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs (Mass), Robin de Jesús (Tick, Tick... Boom!)

Profile picture
    Whirlwind
    Topics:

She is Latina lmao

I’m Hispanic and being Latino doesn’t automatically mean you’re a poc 💀 She’s still visibly white like…

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.