Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 493 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Babylonian
Plumpshell
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Gaga got praised by:

critics that loved the movie

Critics that hated the movie

Voters from some awards

The general public

But yeah she was not universally praised and got only 1 or 2 good calls for sure lol

I swear some of you here live on your own Planet

Either they were scared by her obnoxious stans OR the studio gave them a lot of gifts a la HFPA because gurl was just ALright.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

She already responded to racists who hated on her for being cast in snow white, so I guess there are many people who don’t find her visibly white enough:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emilymaeczachor/rachel-zegler-responded-critics-snow-white-remake

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

Why does everyone think Jessica Chastain is winning this? My god! Her film is a flop commercially and critically. It was dumped in September. She’s not an acting veteran to win as a sole above the line nominee (Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Rene Zellweger) and her character/ role is not a beloved icon. She provided minimal nuances under that heavy make-up and she was dragged down by a terrible script and a terrible co-star. Ya’ll stop making her happen just because she’s in a baity over-the-top transformative biopic. This is not BEST ACTOR.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Peter Travers added Alana to his predictions for the first time (she’s #5). He also has Kristen, Olivia, Nicole and Jessica. I noticed he removed Gaga. Joyce also dropped Gaga from her predictions and added Alana at #5. Penelope, Olivia, Nicole and Kristen make up the rest of her BA predictions.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

The point is front runner should have something going on except for critical raves. KStew right now has nothing except for critic and twitter hype. Movie was rejected by real life audience, she lost volpi now she lost NBR.

Is she even a front runner at this point, there seems to be no urgency to award her.

Profile picture
    Giordano Bruno
    Topics:

Either they were scared by her obnoxious stans OR the studio gave them a lot of gifts a la HFPA because gurl was just ALright.

Then lets hope for Gaga stans to bully every single Oscar voter so she can win the award 100% secure

We can end this thread by now with this

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

The point is front runner should have something going on except for critical raves. KStew right now has nothing except for critic and twitter hype. Movie was rejected by real life audience, she lost volpi now she lost NBR. Is she even a front runner at this point, there seems to be no urgency to award her.

Is there an urgency to reward anyone?

Profile picture
    FTomoson
    Topics:

She already responded to racists who hated on her for being cast in snow white, so I guess there are many people who don’t find her visibly white enough:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emilymaeczachor/rachel-zegler-responded-critics-snow-white-remake

They should hate the movie for existing, period.

And if you wanna get technical, she is a minority. The vast majority of Colombians are mestizos, half-Spaniard, half-Indigenous, much like Mexico. She’s half-Colombian but clearly has nonwhite features.

Profile picture
    Aniket Sharma
    Topics:

I brought up Sidney Flanigan to understand how much momentum indie films have. And how much their actresses are in-conversation. No one was comparing Zegler with Flanigan. You guys need to calm down.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

The point is front runner should have something going on except for critical raves. KStew right now has nothing except for critic and twitter hype. Movie was rejected by real life audience, she lost volpi now she lost NBR.

Is she even a front runner at this point, there seems to be no urgency to award her.

rejected? Yet if you search Spencer on social media there is glowing praise for her, even from skeptics. It was one of the first screener sent out. People are watching it. Who knows who will win but she is for sure a front runner and that hasn’t changed since Venice.

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

Was Kristen expected to win the Volpi? I can’t remember. For me, Penelope was bound to get that award.

Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

I feel bad for Kristen. Hopefully she wins CCA or GG. Because if she loses those, she’s done. It seems that the industry may continue to have a bias against her, regardless of the merits of her performance.

lol hahah you’re such a pretender please stop since when did you start caring about Kristen 😂

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

She already responded to racists who hated on her for being cast in snow white, so I guess there are many people who don’t find her visibly white enough: https://www.buzzfeed.com/emilymaeczachor/rachel-zegler-responded-critics-snow-white-remake

Another remake of a beloved animated movies? Wow darling… this cash-grab concept really got into their veins and bones.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION DARLING.
    Tessa Thompson, Lead Actress for PASSING
    Ruth Negga, Supporting Actress for PASSING
    Charlotte Rampling, Supporting Actress for BENEDETTA
    Martha Plimpton, Supporting Actress for MASS
    Arawinda Kirana, Lead Actress for YUNI
    Kathryn Hunter, Supporting Actress for THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

I haven’t seen the movie, nor I am planning too. It looks like snooze fest. So I can’t say what critic saw but there is indeed huge discrepancy between Audience and Critic reception

Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

Hun, Wigsman has already been jinxed by Aaron Sorkin. None of his actors win Oscars. 

No actor had won for a Spielberg movie before 2012, and then suddenly we had one from each of his next two movies win Oscars. This idea that any specific director can directly hinder an actor’s Oscar chances is a fiction. There are many reasons Kidman might not win but this ain’t one of them.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.