Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 493 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Babylonian
Plumpshell
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

She already responded to racists who hated on her for being cast in snow white, so I guess there are many people who don’t find her visibly white enough:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emilymaeczachor/rachel-zegler-responded-critics-snow-white-remake

there was probably 2 people and she made a big deal about it bc it helps her narrative.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Why does everyone think Jessica Chastain is winning this? My god! Her film is a flop commercially and critically. It was dumped in September. She’s not an acting veteran to win as a sole above the line nominee (Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Rene Zellweger) and her character/ role is not a beloved icon. She provided minimal nuances under that heavy make-up and she was dragged down by a terrible script and a terrible co-star. Ya’ll stop making her happen just because she’s in a baity over-the-top transformative biopic. This is not BEST ACTOR.

I dunno if this is just a generational thing, but I never heard of her before this movie.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Was Kristen expected to win the Volpi? I can’t remember. For me, Penelope was bound to get that award.

No.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

Was Kristen expected to win the Volpi? I can’t remember. For me, Penelope was bound to get that award.

Then please enlighten me, what is she supposed to win?

She wasn’t meant to win Volpi.

Movie was meant to be not liked by GP.

NBR are supposedly meaningless.

Its looks like people are just adding justification after justification after every loss. When will the winning or sweeping begin?

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

I’m Hispanic and being Latino doesn’t automatically mean you’re a poc 💀 She’s still visibly white like…

Zegler is not white. She has a clearly darker skin tone, and especially in America, that difference absolutely does make you a POC. Certainly in historical practices of how these groups have been treated.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

I feel bad for Kristen. Hopefully she wins CCA or GG. Because if she loses those, she’s done. It seems that the industry may continue to have a bias against her, regardless of the merits of her performance.

I mean, her IMDB stats are there, she’s in the business since 20 years and she couldn’t even get a Golden Globe nomination so far.

The US industry and audience are not aware for the majority of those few decent  arthouse European movies she did for which film Twitter stans her, the Twilight movies remain the main thing for which she’s know from majority of audience, she doesn’t have the reputation and filmography of Margot Robbie or Saoirse along with previous Oscar nominations.

There’s no indication so far she’s the undeniable frontrunner certain people think she is or that Hollywood feels the need that it’s her time to be crowned for just one good performance in a not conventional biopic movie.

Profile picture
    FTomoson
    Topics:

there was probably 2 people and she made a big deal about it bc it helps her narrative.

Nah, I was on Twitter. People were hurling ethnic slurs and death threats toward her. It was Little Mermaid all over again. She had every right to respond.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Either they were scared by her obnoxious stans OR the studio gave them a lot of gifts a la HFPA because gurl was just ALright.

So hundreds of people are afraid of internet stans and/or were bribed by MGM to give good reviews/reactions? The amount of delusion it takes to even come up with this. ☠️

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.” 😭

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Facts of KStew fans, this season winning Volpi means nothing audience score on RT means nothing box office numbers means nothing NBR means nothing Globes means nothing BAFTAs means nothing Oscars means nothing, she already got the French equivalent

🤣 🤣

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Aniket Sharma
    Topics:

Imagine, if after all the K-Stew and Gaga stans who wrote “SHE IS COMINGG”, Olivia Colman ends up winning.

*Cries in Glenn Close*

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

So hundreds of people are afraid of internet stans and/or were bribed by MGM to give good reviews/reactions? The amount of delusion it takes to even come up with this. ☠️

Gaga haters stay unhinged.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Me reading all the KStew and Gaga Stan come at me because they’re scared their faves are not the slam dunk they thought they were.

Yes true! Oh my god! Gaga chances drastically diminished today, after she failed to win NBR’s Best Actress, which she won just 3 years ago!

Can’t believe I didn’t think of this.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Then please enlighten me, what is she supposed to win? She wasn’t meant to win Volpi. Movie was meant to be not liked by GP. NBR are supposedly meaningless. Its looks like people are just adding justification after justification after every loss. When will the winning or sweeping begin?

She will win things that are relevant to the Oscars. So far nothing relevant has happened.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.