Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 493 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Babylonian
Plumpshell
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Folks, Olivia Colman doesn’t need to campaign, she is winning Awards easily.

She already won against Princess Diana at the Emmys and can repeat the same come Oscars night.

The other girls if they lose one important award nom, they can be easily considered out though.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Facts of KStew fans, this season

winning Volpi means nothing

audience score on RT means nothing

box office numbers means nothing

NBR means nothing

Globes means nothing

BAFTAs means nothing

Oscars means nothing, she already got the French equivalent

Never thought I would do this, but here I go

1) Volpi Cup means nothing if your performance is not in English and the film is not from the UK or US, I’m probably talking sht right now but since 2000, outside of Blanchet who was in Supporting, almost every Actress who has won the Volpi with a performance in English (and the film was produced or co-produced by any of those countries) was nominated or, in only 3 cases, won the Oscar.

2) Audience rating only works to see if a movie can do good box office wise, outside of that, plenty of divisive films have made it to the Oscars, especially films like Spencer, which are films made for industry and Critics, not general audiences.

3) Box Office is not importart this year, they weren’t relevant last year, they won’t be this year were almost every contender bombed with the exception of Dune and HOG, were still in the middle of a pandemic. It can help to know if there are movies that could be watched even if screeners are not sent.

4) NBR means nothing for an Oscar win, it helps to make someone a viable candidate and maybe get the nomination, but for the win is almost entirely irrelevant.

5) The only two awards that matter for the Oscars are SAG and BAFTA, if I’m not wrong, ever since both of them became precursors and had announced their winner before the Oscars, every single one of the Best Actress winners have won at least one of those. Globes help to start momentum, but SAG and BAFTA are the ones that close the deal.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns,

KSTEW = Carey Mulligan of this year.

Just sayin.

And Wigsman just seems like a strong contender for SAG like Viola was last year.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Yes Gaga is over because of NBR. Just like Olivia’s, Jessica’s, Nicole and Kristen’s. Nice to see the herd thinning.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Yes Gaga is over because of NBR. Just like Olivia’s, Jessica’s, Nicole and Kristen’s. Nice to see the herd thinning.

Hun, Problem with GAG is not NBR. Last time, although her acting was bland and bad she got carried by Cooper and Star is Born BP momentum. This time around she won’t have such strong movie to save her. She’s in the same situation as JFLOP for hustler’s right now.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

Never thought I would do this, but here I go

1) Volpi Cup means nothing

2) Audience rating only works to see if a movie can do good box office wise

3) Box Office is not importart this year

4) NBR means nothing for an Oscar win

Exactly my point

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Looking at the potential nominees, this year’s Oscars should be lit. I wanna see West Side Story songs performed.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Me reading all the KStew and Gaga Stan come at me because they’re scared their faves are not the slam dunk they thought they were.

You’re usually deranged, but right on this one.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Today was fun. NBR made everyone behave crazy level 6 lmao

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I agree that Kristen not winning the Volpi Cup was quite shocking, at least for me, after all the raves she got and how she was named the “Oscar frontrunner” ever since, but she lost against Penelope who is probably not even being nominated and seems to be getting weaker every day, if she had lost against Olivia, that would have been more harmful for her.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Well there goes yet ANOTHER award that Kristen Stewart did not win… I see her fans are busy saying NBR is meaningless when y’all know damn well that if she won, you would be saying “She started her sweep!”

Yep, it Kristen won NBR or Volpi Cup the tune would be different.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I’m Hispanic and being Latino doesn’t automatically mean you’re a poc 💀 She’s still visibly white like…

She looks mestizo to me. She is of Colombian descent.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Hun, Problem with GAG is not NBR. Last time, although her acting was bland and bad she got carried by Cooper and Star is Born BP momentum. This time around she won’t have such strong movie to save her. She’s in the same situation as JFLOP for hustler’s right now.

Difference is JLO has never been nominated at the Oscars not even for a song and after Madonna she’s the one with more Razzie nominations in history, she was never going to be nominated the first time for playing a stripper for one good performance in a sea of Razzie ones, reminds me more of another contender situation instead, next.

The obvious troll came out, time to update my ignore list.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I never thought Stewart would sweep, and it’s clear that momentum is spread thin among the other competitors. But I still wouldn’t count her out.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Difference is JLO has never been nominated at the Oscars not even for a song and after Madonna she’s the one with more Razzie nominations in history, she was never going to be nominated the first time for playing a stripper for one good performance in a sea of Razzie ones, reminds me more of another contender situation instead, next. The obvious troll came out, time to update my ignore list.

The Razzies are absolutely worthless. They nominate every A-list celebrity they can in hopes that it’ll get them attention.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.