Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 493 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Babylonian
Plumpshell
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

It was a joke

Lol with her run I wouldn’t count out globes c/m going for her in Wonka

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

DECEMBER PREDICTIONS

1. Kristen Stewart (Spencer)
    2. Nicole Kidman (Being the Ricardos)
    3. Olivia Colman (The Lost Daughter)
    4. Jessica Chastain (The Eyes of Tammy Fae)
    5. Penelope Cruz (Parallel Mothers)
    Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Not that she had much of a chance but considering all the early social media reviews of Nightmare Alley hardly mention Rooney Mara, it’s safe to say she won’t be joining the best actress conversation..

Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

She’s literally not the front runner though lol. There isn’t one. People should really start putting in quotes “a front runner for a nomination” when they talk about Stewart. She’s got the nom on lock. Yes, it’s undeniable. Great performance. Front runner for a win? I’m not so sure. She didn’t win the Volpi. Her film was rejected by mainstream audiences, and although many will say that won’t matter, I think it will factor in. Her film was dumped on VOD 2 weeks after its release just like TF was. No one is passionate about seeing her film, her army of Twitter fans included. Critics raves can only take Stewart so far.

it’s like talking to a brick wall. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Kristen really isn’t a sure thing. Like at all. As someone who has never been nominated she definitely needs to win BAFTA to secure the Oscar win. The path for her seemed to be sweeping the season, but I don’t see that happening. Plus there was no passion for her film at the box office, and if it got a CinemaScore it probably would’ve been a C- or something.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I feel the total opposite Kristen has been in the media a lot. People who keep seeing spencer keeps praising her she just got a tribute performer awards from Gotham and she was honored with the spotlight award at Palms Spring International Film awards. She was just at roundtable and her and Pablo had a Q&A for Oscar voters and industry voters that went good. She’s a strong frontrunner and still is the frontrunner. Kidman is her only challenger and could win but Kristen would have to loose bafta for me not to predict her for the Oscar. She’s been building buzz since Venice and is still going,

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Alana Haim is so freakin’ good in Licorice Pizza! I can’t wait to see her act again. She’s got natural screen presence and great comedic timing. A Critics Choice award nomination wouldn’t surprise me.

I can’t wait to see her performance.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

He thought Cooper’s performance in NA was lackluster and that Rooney and Richard Jenkins were wasted. I’m seeing other reactions criticizing the second act: https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanmcquade77/status/1466282045378908160

Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

it’s like talking to a brick wall. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

He’s right though, and I’ve never agreed with him on anything. This is a wide open race with no frontrunners no matter how much the stans want to believe otherwise. It’s December already and we still don’t have a clue whom either BAFTA or SAG is likely to go for. It’s unprecedented.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

He’s right though, and I’ve never agreed with him on anything. This is a wide open race with no frontrunners no matter how much the stans want to believe otherwise. It’s December already and we still don’t have a clue whom either BAFTA or SAG is likely to go for. It’s unprecedented.

This, I wouldn’t be surprised if this race will become messy and fragmented like last year with every precursor going to a different actress, there are just too many contenders.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I know I’m in the minority but I did not like Spencer, especially Kristen Stewart in it. Before anybody comes from me, I love Kristen Stewart as an actress, but I never really bought her as Diana. I thought she struggled with the accent and the performance did not feel lived-in to me. I don’t get what people see in this performance, or the film, for that matter

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I agree. There is no frontrunner yet.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Girls, you’re giving me palpitations. We are at that point:

Kristen: Raves and more raves. Glam tears and dramatic pearls

Olivia: raves and Netflix push plus Maggie

Nicole: THE raves and good will towards another Lead nod

Cruz: International Queen and Almodóvar muse

Haim: Newcomer raaaaves and BP nominee power

Plus Thompson, Chastain, Hudson

This year is electric.

Profile picture
    Rodrigo Moura
    Topics:

Kristen

Nicole

Gaga

Olivia

Penelope

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 34)’ is closed to new replies.