Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 35)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 35)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 512 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
M
ejaru1810
  • Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

Maybe because her frontrunner status was built on literally nothing, and now reality is caving in.

Lol, why are you saying this as if she’s being backed by Bleecker or Magnolia Pictures? Natalie Portman did not win a single Trifecta and yet she’s an Oscar winner for a film and performance people at that time deemed divisive and not the academy’s “cup of tea”. There’s still a long way with critics and campaigning and Kristen still has more cards on deck than most of her competitors. Let’s wait and see.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Why wait for a better performance from Olivia if many people are calling this her career best though? I’m seeing a screening of The Lost Daughter tomorrow so I am excited to finally be able to weigh in, but I really don’t see her missing. 

Is it though? People will say anything. But really, best performance when there is The Favourite right there? Based on the trailer I doubt it to be honest. But maybe i’ll change my mind when I see the movie. I’m sure it’ll be a good performance, but probably not better than The Favourite.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

So far here’s what I think: – Stewart, Kidman and Chastain are in

Chastain based on what? She’s really only had the critics carrying her this entire season. Absolutely nothing else. The B.O numbers were abysmal. The movie was not liked.

And as someone who’s being carried by the critics, she’s even not winning them over. She’s far from being in.

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Updated properly Actresses that won(+noms) relevant awards so far

1. Olivia Colman : Gotham Actress (+ Satellite nom)

2. Emilia Jones: Gotham Breakthrough (+HCA nom, Detroit nom)

3. Alana Haim: NBR breakthrough(+Satellite nom, Detroit nom(s))

4. Rachel Zegler: NBR Actress

5. Lady Gaga: NYFCC Actress(+ Satellite, HCA nom)

Some others with many noms, but not competive awards starting from Gothams onwards:

6. Kristen Stewart: Satellite, HCA, Detroit noms(+Gotham Perfomer Tribute, Palm Springs Spotlight Award)

7. Nicole Kidman: Satellite, HCA, Detroit noms

8. Jessica Chastain: Satellite, HCA, Detroit noms (+Desert Palm Achievement Award)

9. Hudson: Satellite, Detroit noms(+ Chairman Palm Spring Award)

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Some people are already dismissing Kristen and doubt Olivia will get in after two critic awards events and it’s not even January. I don’t think Olivia will win, but a part of me hopes she does because of some of the comments on here.

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:
    M
    Topics:

4. Rachel Zegler: NBR Actress

As much as I love Rachel’s voice and her personality as a whole, this just shows that the NBR win is more of an outlier rather than a a path to an Oscar nomination. I doubt she’ll happen to be honest. But maybe she’ll be nominated for other awards in the future.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

When it comes to Haim and Zegler, I’m leaning more towards Haim getting a nomination. I don’t like Erick Weber, but he doesn’t think Zegler will get into the top 5 and I agree with him.

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

I think Cruz remains to be seen, but at this point I feel Tessa, Berry and Comer should be ruled out of the possible top10. Maybe they will start collecting noms, but the 9 names I listed above are playing for Best Actress this season.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Some people are already dismissing Kristen and doubt Olivia will get in after two critic awards events and it’s not even January. I don’t think Olivia will win, but a part of me hopes she does because of some of the comments on here.

Olivia is in, don’t worry unless BAFTA somehow ignores her, she’ll build momentum with her performance and how beloved she is, also she’s definitely Netflix priority for Actress.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Those critic wins only benefit a winner. It doesnt really degrade kristen, olivia, nicole.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Also, Frances seems to not be part of this season in a way.

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

I’m so excited for The Lost Daughter. You can ALWAYS rely on Olivia Colman to provide high-rate performances and her versatility is EXCELLENT!!! I can’t wait for Landscapers as well. If the lineup ends up to be Stewart, Kidman, Gaga, Colman, and Chastain/Hudson, I will certainly applaud Olivia for rallying her original character through the sea of BIOPIC ladies.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Kristen has won absolutely nothing so far and her movie is a non starter outside of her. The audience scores are also undeniably weak. It’s time to stop acting like she’s far from everyone else, she’s not.

Spill.

Everytime she doesn’t win something ‘but she doesn’t need this111!!!’.

People still acting like she’s Saoirse with 4 previous Oscars nominations and tones of other awards ones who doesn’t need a push, when she doesn’t even have a Golden Globe nomination.

Reality is Kristen is not as strong as film twitter stans thought, she’s truly becoming the Carey Mulligan of this season.

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

Reality is Kristen is not as strong as film twitter stans thought, she’s truly becoming the Carey Mulligan of this season.

And who is Frances?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 35)’ is closed to new replies.