Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 504 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Ben Affleck Fan
laslo
  • Profile picture
    Olsen
    Topics:

Passing deserves better. Easily one of my favorite movies of all time.

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

Has there been a year when Lead Actress nominees are mostly non-American? I can only name the year when Liz Taylor won for Virginia Woolf. That year only Liz was American (well, she’s Brit-American actually) while the rest are Europeans (2 Brits, 1 Polish, 1 French).

I kinda wish this year non-English language performances can get in, like Reinsve and Cruz. That’d be a delight. But considering the amount of American (and British) actress contending this year, that’s just hopedicting I guess.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

It seems halle hasn’t given up yet she’s still doing press tour and campaigning. I see the vanity fair article and a guest appearance in cbs this morning with interview  oprah bff gayle king and her award at people choice icon award this tuesday.

1. Nicole
    2. Kirsten
    3.Olivia
    4. Penelope
    5.Halle/Tessa

Profile picture
    PeytonKawai for Dame Kate Winslet
    Topics:

Has there been a year when Lead Actress nominees are mostly non-American? I can only name the year when Liz Taylor won for Virginia Woolf. That year only Liz was American (well, she’s Brit-American actually) while the rest are Europeans (2 Brits, 1 Polish, 1 French).

I kinda wish this year non-English language performances can get in, like Reinsve and Cruz. That’d be a delight. But considering the amount of American (and British) actress contending this year, that’s just hopedicting I guess.

2006: Mirren, Dench, Winslet, Cruz / Streep
    1997: Bonham Carter, Dench, Christie, Winslet / Hunt

British rules mostly…

PICTURE: Belfast, The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Worst Person in the World
    DIRECTOR: Jane Campion, Sir Kenneth Branagh, Pablo Larrain
    ACTRESS: Kristen Stewart, Olivia Colman, Renate Reinsve, Thomasin McKenzie
    ACTOR: Benedict Cumberbatch, Anders Danielsen Lie, Simon Rex
    SUP ACTRESS: Caitriona Balfe, Dame Judi Dench, Jessie Buckley, Dakota Johnson, Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Dame Diana Rigg, Ruth Negga, Sally Hawkins
    SUP ACTOR: Jamie Dornan, Ciaran Hinds, Kodi Smit-McPhee

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Regina King is going to be eligible next year?

The other contenders better run…

Wbk she’s coming for blood again.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Anyone still thinking Gaga has to “fight for her spot” is not reading the writing on the wall, and really has ignored it the entire time. The fact that these critics may not have loved HOG but are still nominating Gaga shows what a phenomenal job she did.

👏 👏

Not having Gaga in top5 at this point is just pure delusion, but oh well, there are not enough slaps in the face for certain people.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

I’m not ready to drop Penelope yet. Hope she pulls an Antonio Banderas and her name gets announced on the morning the nominations are revealed

My confidence stays strong.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I’m not ready to drop Penelope yet. Hope she pulls an Antonio Banderas and her name gets announced on the morning the nominations are revealed

She’ll be fine hun. Banderas didn’t even hit all of the precursors and had no history with the Academy. Cruz is already safer than he was…Bardem being in the race too helps her cause.

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

She’ll be fine hun. Banderas didn’t even hit all of the precursors and had no history with the Academy. Cruz is already safer than he was…Bardem being in the race too helps her cause.

The difference being that Pain and Glory was a much bigger deal, and probably would’ve gotten into Picture/Director if Parasite hadn’t taken the non-English slot. Parallel Mothers has kind of been a no1curr thus far, with a lukewarm reception even in Spain.

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

👏 👏 Not having Gaga in top5 at this point is just pure delusion, but oh well, there are not enough slaps in the face for certain people.

Pure delusion is thinking she’s in just because she won NYFCC and got nominated for the Hollywood Film Awards of all things.

Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

Pure delusion is thinking she’s in just because she won NYFCC and got nominated for the Hollywood Film Awards of all things.

That’s a whole lot more than whatever Stewart’s frontrunner status is built upon. Can’t help you if you can’t even see the irony in your own comment.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

That’s only part of the reason. She has great reviews for her performance, is hitting precursors thus far and has decent box office for pandemic times. If Kristen had Gucci’s box office and won the NYFCC you guys would be singing a different tune.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Next year the black queens are coming for their rightful things with Regina King, Viola Davis, Naomi Ackie all in hella baity projects

Seriously though we need more black and non-white actresses to win in this category. It’s getting ridiculous how none have won since Halle Berry and it’s such a bad look. Time for a woc to win. I think Naomi Ackie has a good chance next time.

Profile picture
    allabout oscars
    Topics:

Best Actress
    Kristen Stewart
    Olivia Colman
    Jessica Chastain
    Lady Gaga
    Nicole Kidman

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.