Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Ben Affleck Fan
laslo
  • Profile picture
    Ivan Ranjit
    Topics:

I kinda feel Adele will stick to her 1 album every few years as she’s very private. Taylor and Beyoncé are too self aware to ever be amazing actresses. Rihanna’s a boss billionaire. I just don’t see anyone in the pop world who can come even close to Gaga in movies.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Gaga is in as much as Andra Day was last year. With that being said, I’d like to see the rest of the critics awards and televised nominees before I say anyone is completely a lock. This year is undeniably stronger than last year.

Profile picture
    Olsen
    Topics:

Lana Del Rey could be the one. Purely charismatic. I can see her in a Pablo Larraín movie but actually I don’t think she’d be interseted in training or improving anything else.

(my fav video of hers)

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Say what u want …but britney spears could probably pull off some acting

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Gajo
    Topics:

Taylor and Beyonce are still at their peak and they have always come across as too deeply commited to making music to heavily focus on a film career, especially not at a stage when they are at the top of their craft.

Gaga’s shift is smart. Beyonce and Taylor’s won’t be.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Beyoncé has already acted, and it isn’t her strong suit. And she doesn’t need that for her career to prosper. She’s industry royalty at this point. And artists like her is already solidified. Gaga’s career move was smart because it was needed. She went through a phase where she was panned by critics and the media, and her music won’t have the same effect decades later like Taylor’s or Beyoncé’s. Great for Gaga, but not everyone needs that trajectory. As for Adele, she doesn’t need it either. Her career is more in line with Sade’s and Celine’s.

Profile picture
    Giordano Bruno
    Topics:

Beyoncé has already acted, and it isn’t her strong suit. And she doesn’t need that for her career to prosper. She’s industry royalty at this point. And artists like her is already solidified. Gaga’s career move was smart because it was needed. She went through a phase where she was panned by critics and the media, and her music won’t have the same effect decades later like Taylor’s or Beyoncé’s. Great for Gaga, but not everyone needs that trajectory. As for Adele, she doesn’t need it either. Her career is more in line with Sade’s and Celine’s.

Unless you have the power to see the future you cant assume something like this.

Gaga situation with critics was already in a better state after her album with Tony bennett, she didnt need a movie carrer tô revive her but I am glad she gave a try, in the end she only found out another thing she is great at

Profile picture
    carla11
    Topics:

Taylor and Beyonce are still at their peak and they have always come across as too deeply commited to making music to heavily focus on a film career, especially not at a stage when they are at the top of their craft. Gaga’s shift is smart. Beyonce and Taylor’s won’t be.

Dreamgirls? Cadillac Records? Both films released over a decade ago? I doubt there will be a shift because Beyoncé did films already and looks like she’ll be sticking to music for good. Like what is this post…

Profile picture
    Gajo
    Topics:

Gaga situation with critics was already in a better state after her album with Tony bennett

Huh? Her work with Tony has never been acclaimed nor has it ever changed how critics view her.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Gaga is in a situation that others can only dream of. She is definitely very lucky. But also this is the fruit of her hard work and impressive versatility.

Being a great popstar is one thing, but being a great popstar and a movie star is the kind of crossover only a few legends managed to achieve.

(P.S: for those who say her music career is in decline, she’s had two #1s in the last 3 years, won 6 Grammy’s within that same period, and is nominated for 5 Grammy’s this year)

Profile picture
    Gajo
    Topics:

Dreamgirls? Cadillac Records? Both films released over a decade ago? I doubt there will be a shift because Beyoncé did films already and looks like she’ll be sticking to music for good. Like what is this post…

Lol what part about heavily don’t you get? Trying her hand at ensemble driven films almost exclusively about music is not the same as *leading* multiple projects on both tv and film when your music career is on a decline.

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

House of Gucci is factually not a box office hit lol, you can’t make this up moreover anyone thinking box office is a factor in this category clearly doesn’t know how it works. In 2018 only Close and McCarthy were previous nominees, here she is competing against more high profile and acting branch darlings such as Cruz, Colman, Kidman, McDormand etc… they will all get in before her lol. Her film is almost panned, yes people are watching it but the feedback is pretty negative from general audiences if not mixed, dropped from 89 to 83 on RT and you think people are high on it? She isn’t playing someone remotely relevant or known for that matter to rely on character recognition and her movie is a nonstarter outside of Costume and Makeup maybe? She’s the perfect candidate for a snub on nominations morning. Regarding Cruz, SPC is handling her campaign, just in recent years they managed nominations for Close, Banderas and The Father which I’m sure you heard of how it performed last year.

it’s at 68 million worldwide after less than 2 weeks. What are you talking about?

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

And for whoever said HoG isn’t a hit. It just crossed 67M total gross internationally (in just 2 weeks) and it still hasn’t premiered in many countries:

Profile picture
    Giordano Bruno
    Topics:

Huh? Her work with Tony has never been acclaimed nor has it ever changed how critics view her.

I said better state not acclaimed lol and you are very wrong, a lot of people even critics didnt knew Gaga could sing or would imagine such a unusual comeback with a jazz album right after having problems with her ARTPOP album. Her work with Tony was the very beggining of things changing for her

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Daily reminder that AMPAS couldn’t care less about whom the media, Twitter, and fandoms (of all things) tell them to give the win. It’s like people didn’t watch the Oscars this year…

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.