Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 504 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
The Northman
laslo
  • Profile picture
    Matthew Barry
    Topics:

When does the review Embargo break for ‘Being The Ricardo’s’? Its out on friday.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

Can we leave talk about music where it belongs.

As far acting goes, yes Gaga is one of biggest crossover. Other musician with some potential is Cardi B, who can become somewhat more respected version of JLO with rom-com and adult comedies.

As far as Beyonce goes, her stans need to stop lying. It is clear as day she wanted to break in movie world, she did back to back projects with (Pink Panther, Dream Girls, Cadillac Records and Obsessed). Most of these projects failed and she learnt her lesson and moved on.

As far as Taylor goes, she haven’t tried seriously. However, I don’t think she has potential and she knows it, that’s why she will keep doing small roles and soundtracks until she gets her Oscar.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

where u were talking about how Gaga is using Tony Bennett condition to win some grammys

I… never said this. Lol

And I was merely responding to the post in here about Beyoncé, Taylor and others having successful movie careers, and simply said that they don’t need it and Gaga needed it after her media backlash and her commercial decline some years ago. Of course, the monsters blew it up bigger than what it was. Oh well. Sometimes, the truth hurts.

Anyway, I think we are underestimating Tessa Thompson. I feel that she could sneak in, but it would be dependent on how well she does in the next round of critic awards. She seems to have a lot of passion.

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

When does the review Embargo break for ‘Being The Ricardo’s’? Its out on friday.

I read a couple of weeks ago it was on December 7th so in two days of it was true

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

I don’t think Andra Day was anything close to a lock last year though? I don’t remember her winning or being nominated by the critics (I think she received only 1 or 2 nominations from critics circles out of dozens of circles).

She was eventually nominated by the GG/CC though.

Which is my point. If Andra can make the line up with those awards, then Gaga should have no issues, especially since she is already a multiple nominee with AMPAS.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Anyways, thanks to Gucci, Gaga’s career (as a lead actress) box office has now surpassed over $500,000,000 with just two Rates R movies. Legendary behavior.

Profile picture
    Matthew Barry
    Topics:

When did this best actress thread turn into a music artist thread?

Isnt there another thread for that?

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Gaga got y’all pressed. I love to see it. Y’all should be happy and grateful she’s in the mix cos it would have been a very boring ride here

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Why the hell has the best actress thread turned into a war zone between Gaga, Taylor, and Beyoncé stans? 💀

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I won’t say much till we get official reviews, but Being The Ricardos doesn’t seem to be the strong BP player a lot of people said it is

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Why the hell has the best actress thread turned into a war zone between Gaga, Taylor, and Beyoncé stans? 💀

Yes, it is embarrassing at this point, we are just here to monitor the Best Actress discussion for Oscars 2022. It is funny reading this thread though  sometimes with some fans being oversensitive.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I was merely responding to the post in here about Beyoncé, Taylor and others having successful movie careers, and simply said that they don’t need it and Gaga needed it after her media backlash and her commercial decline some years ago. Of course, the monsters blew it up bigger than what it was. Oh well. Sometimes, the truth hurts.

excuse me? Gaga did not need a movie or television career. She wanted one. So she went out and found the roles, took the risk and turns out she’s actually a legitimate actress unlike some pop stars who want to do it just for more clout but are actually dreadful. Now that’s the truth!

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Well, Gaga haters have to bring up other pop stars (who have attempted to be movie stars and failed) in order to push a narrative to make themselves feel better about Gaga killing it yet again.

And of course Ga fans are going to respond, but Gaga is actually in the running for a Best Actress Oscar so talking about her here makes sense. Not sure why the others are brought up other than for the reason I stated above.

Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

Amen this is what i’m saying all along lol right on the money. Critics and AMPAS are two different entity. 1.Nicole 2.Kirsten 3.Olivia 4.Penelope 5.Tessa/Halle My line up it be totally different once the nominations are announced . the top 3 will be the same, While 4 and 5 are shaky.

Please spell Kristen name right 😭 it’s not Kirsten it’s Kristen Stewart thanks.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.