Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 504 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
The Northman
laslo
  • Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Well KB93 who kept talking about how Jessica Chastain never misses kinda jinxed it lmao

It’s really starting to look like the top 3 are Stewart, Gaga and Kidman.

I love that nomination for Thompson.

😂 KB93 come out come out whoever you are!!!

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

If the final nominees end up looking like Washington DC it’ll be a great line up honestly.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I just gotta say that whoever wins this in the end, let’s appreciate that Nicole will return as a Best Actress nominee for the first time since 2011, Gaga will get her second Best Actress nomination proving ASIB wasn’t a fluke, Kristen will get her first Oscar nomination proving she’s more than the Twilight girl and Olivia will score her third nomination in 4 years and second as Lead.

Please god, let these women be nominated.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Since it’s a new thread: Washington D.C. Area Film Critic Association Best Actress: Olivia Colman (The Lost Daughter) Nicole Kidman (Being the Ricardos) Lady Gaga (House of Gucci) Kristen Stewart (Spencer) Tessa Thompson (Passing)

Replace Tessa for Zegler (ugh) or Cruz (yay) and you have the Oscars line up

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Washington D.C. Area Film Critic Association are a good indicator for the oscar… they usually get 4/5 of the nominees right.

this year’s nominees

kristen
    olivia
    gaga
    tessa
    nicole

yup… They’re all in except Tessa methinks

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Washington D.C. Area Film Critic Association are a good indicator for the oscar… they usually get 4/5 of the nominees right. this year’s nominees kristen olivia gaga tessa nicole

Well if they are 4/5  then we know  which one of them will miss lol  But it’s great that Tessa at least made it in.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I just gotta say that whoever wins this in the end, let’s appreciate that Nicole will return as a Best Actress nominee for the first time since 2011, Gaga will get her second Best Actress nomination proving ASIB wasn’t a fluke, Kristen will get her first Oscar nomination proving she’s more than the Twilight girl and Olivia will score her third nomination in 4 years and second as Lead. Please god, let this women be nominated.

Gaga will have her second best actress nomination in 3 years. And will have 100% nomination rate.. No pressure for her third movie 😂

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

But damn yet again, Gaga is the only nominee from HoG. She really carried the movie (in both critical and commercial sense) and I think it’s turning into a strong narrative for her.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Washington DC is big critics association with over 50 critics actually, they kinda pinpoint the Oscar line-up in actress 80% every year so yeah, 3/5 or 4/5 steady ratio with most of the time being 4/5.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Omg Gaga, and Olivia nominated together again… Somebody post olivia’s “LADY GAGA aaagghhh!!!!” gif

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

1. Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos
    2. Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    3. Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    4. Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    5. Alana Haim, Licorice Pizza

6. Rachel Zegler, West Side Story
    7. Penelope Cruz, Parallel Mothers
    8. Jennifer Lawrence, Don’t Look Up
    9. Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    10. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

WestSide Story got 11 noms in DC, Zegler should be carried in BA line-up from the films momentum in the end.

Extra:

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Omg Gaga, and Olivia nominated together again… Somebody post olivia’s “LADY GAGA aaagghhh!!!!” gif

If Gaga wins the Oscar, I need her to end her speech with “OLIVIA COLMAN aaagghhh!!!” and blow her a kiss

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I recently watched Respect and The Last Duel 1) Respect: It’s a decent film, better than Bruised and The Eyes of Tammy Faye, this is another film were the screenplay was a mess, but it kept my interest so that’s a good thing. Jennifer has everything to be nominated, she plays american icon and civil right advocate Aretha Franklin, her portrayal makes Aretha an insanely simpathetic character and you can’t stop rooting for her. Her childhood, her relationship with her father and mother, how controlling he was about her career and then how her abusive husband treated her, makes you say “Go Aretha!!! Tell them who you are”, and then, the film shows her struggling even after she had everything, that’s baity af. I really don’t see how GG, CC, SAG and Oscars ignore her, they nominated Andra Day and Erivo for weaker films, why not Jennifer too. 2) The Last Duel: Good film, the last 30 minutes are amazing, Marguerite’s part is easily the best one, the film is long, and it feels like it is. This is one of those films that if they had premiered it in the late 90’s or early 2000’s, it would had been nominated across the board, it felt like a film for the old Academy. I really like Jodie and Adam, Ben, who for some reason got good reviews for this, was just simply there, nothing remarkable imo, and Matt is just Matt, good performance but nothing more. Now, Queen Jodie was really strong, everything she did since the rape to the end of the film is captivating, especially the trial scene and after that when she calls out her husband for his vanity and ego, she’ll win an Oscar one day, she just need a bigger film and it’s a done deal. Only problem to me is that Marguerite is supporting, they should had campaigned her as supporting and the nomination was really possible. 1) Kristen Stewart 2) Jennifer Hudson 3) Jodie Comer 4) Halle Berry 5) Jessica Chastain

This is exactly how I felt after watching The Last Duel. Great film with an excellent performance from Comer who is supporting and should have been campaigned there. Maybe, just maybe she could have been in top three in that category if they gave her the push cos that’s where she truly belongs. She was so good. I hope CC at least recognises her effort

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Updated Prediction:

1. Kristen Stewart

2. Nicole Kidman

3. Lady Gaga

4. Olivia Colman

5. Haim/Zegler/Chastain/Hudson

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.