Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Ben Affleck Fan
laslo
  • Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Kidman again, she is winning

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

So far Kidman and Stewart didn’t miss any nom since the Satellite.

Satellite + HCA + Detroit + Washington DC

👀

FYC Oscars 2022

Best Supporting Actor: Ben Affleck

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Gaga is coming darlings

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Anyone still thinking Gaga has to “fight for her spot” is not reading the writing on the wall, and really has ignored it the entire time.

The fact that these critics may not have loved HOG but are still nominating Gaga shows what a phenomenal job she did.

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.” 😭

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

So far Kidman and Stewart didn’t miss any nom since the Satellite. Satellite + HCA + Detroit + Washington DC 👀

Yeah but I think they need to start winning something. To be liked enough to be nominated is a different threshold from winning I think.  But WAFCA will announce their winners on Monday. I think maybe Kidman or Stewart can get it. But I won’t be shocked if Olivia does.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Yeah DC & Detroit winners are Monday

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Olivia missing as 6th HCA and the Detroit is not that big of a deal actually, if she is steady on the rest.

FYC Oscars 2022

Best Supporting Actor: Ben Affleck

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Technically, in all honestly, the only spot that’s still open now is the 5th. Olivia too seems to be doing well with critics. I think she’s in.

The fight for the #5 will be a bloodbath however.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Great line-up. Kristen/Gaga/Nicole/Olivia seem solid. Hope Tessa stays on cause she’s GOAT in Passing.

Profile picture
    lulina
    Topics:

I recently watched Respect and The Last Duel

2) The Last Duel: Good film, the last 30 minutes are amazing, Marguerite’s part is easily the best one, the film is long, and it feels like it is. This is one of those films that if they had premiered it in the late 90’s or early 2000’s, it would had been nominated across the board, it felt like a film for the old Academy. I really like Jodie and Adam, Ben, who for some reason got good reviews for this, was just simply there, nothing remarkable imo, and Matt is just Matt, good performance but nothing more. Now, Queen Jodie was really strong, everything she did since the rape to the end of the film is captivating, especially the trial scene and after that when she calls out her husband for his vanity and ego, she’ll win an Oscar one day, she just need a bigger film and it’s a done deal. Only problem to me is that Marguerite is supporting, they should had campaigned her as supporting and the nomination was really possible. 1) Kristen Stewart 2) Jennifer Hudson 3) Jodie Comer 4) Halle Berry 5) Jessica Chastain

glad to read some love and consideration for Jodie <3

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Yeah but I think they need to start winning something. To be liked enough to be nominated is a different threshold from winning I think. But WAFCA will announce their winners on Monday. I think maybe Kidman or Stewart can get it. But I won’t be shocked if Olivia does.

This is just the beggining of critics awards, I’m sure both of them will pick up a few of them as we move foward but the race it’s shaping to be similar to the one we’ve had this year with awards going various directions; Even the major precursors could go to different people, something like Gaga – GG, Kidman – SAG, Stewart – BAFTA, Colman – CC… It would make it exciting at least.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Has Frances McDormand shown up anywhere? I almost forgot she’s in this race.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Has Frances McDormand shown up anywhere? I almost forgot she’s in this race.

Nope. I think her chances are done. Maybe the movie wasn’t as liked as the early reviews wanted us to believe.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

Profile picture
    lulina
    Topics:

Tessa getting in, well deserved!!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.