Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 504 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
The Northman
laslo
  • Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

Wahhh got three predictions right hahah so glad Tessa got in suprised Jessica chastain missed.

this group predictions are good so congratulations to these five but I do think only three would make it.

Also the consistency of Kristen Stewart and Nicole Kidman it’s like those two are just looming aggressively around waiting for their time, once one of them picks up steam it’s game over lol.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Has Frances McDormand shown up anywhere? I almost forgot she’s in this race.

There is a pattern of Tragedy of MacBeth getting in many categories except of Best Actress. Frances just won and I think there is no urgency to start nominating her again to win her 4th Oscar. I also think her role is more supporting in reality and that creates a bit of confusion maybe.

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

It’s really starting to look like the top 3 are Stewart, Gaga and Kidman. I love that nomination for Thompson.

My thoughts exactly when I saw the nominees. Obviously it is still early, but unless the SAG snubs any of those four, I see their path to an Oscar nomination very clearly.

Sad to see Cruz isn’t getting any love from critics so far, though. And Gaga surprises me every damn time.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

I don’t think Haim or Zegler are getting in, anymore. They are fighting against industry veterans for that 5th spot, no way they can get more support than someone like Cruz/Hudson or Chastian.

Top 4 seems good as lock.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I don’t think Haim or Zegler are getting in, anymore. They are fighting against industry veterans for that 5th spot, no way they can get more support than someone like Cruz/Hudson or Chastian. Top 4 seems good as lock.

I think that Haim and Zegler main hurdle is existance of Newcomer categories so they get pushed in those while veterans get real nominations.

However, both will be revived by Comedy/Musical nominations with Globes and CC with Zegler having a better chance to win the category. She could still end up like Taron especially if buzz shifts to DeBose who has gotten the real (not the newcomer) nom.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

Gaga is very strong right now, the narrative of her saving the movie is getting undeniable.

I don’t know how Detroit did otherwise, but only love HOG have been receiving so far is for Gaga, on top she is main reason behind box office.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Washington D.C. Area Film Critic Association Best Actress: Olivia Colman (The Lost Daughter) Nicole Kidman (Being the Ricardos) Lady Gaga (House of Gucci) Kristen Stewart (Spencer) Tessa Thompson (Passing)

Their previous nominees in this category.

2020: Viola Davis, Vanessa Kirby, Frances McDormand and Carey Mulligan
    2019: Scarlett Johansson, Saoirse Ronan and Renee Zellweger
    2018: Glenn Close, Olivia Colman, Lady Gaga and Melissa McCarthy
    2017: Sally Hawkins, Frances McDormand, Margot Robbie and Saoirse Ronan

Congratulations to Olivia, Nicole, Gaga and Kristen I guess.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

I think that Haim and Zegler main hurdle is existance of Newcomer categories so they get pushed in those while veterans get real nominations. 

That is what I am saying. They are up against veterans for a single spot. No matter how great they are. Cruz/Chastain/Hudson has lot of peers in voting community, with lot of loving them as well. It will require either of them to snag Globe/CC/SAG or BAFTA to put fight for that 5th spot.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

My thoughts exactly when I saw the nominees. Obviously it is still early, but unless the SAG snubs any of those four, I see their path to an Oscar nomination very clearly. Sad to see Cruz isn’t getting any love from critics so far, though. And Gaga surprises me every damn time.

I dont know what it is about Gaga since she’s such a massive superstar, but she has always had this “underdog” feeling about her that I think people connect to.

This feeling + the narrative that she saved her movie is what is going to push her heavily.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

This is just the beggining of critics awards, I’m sure both of them will pick up a few of them as we move foward but the race it’s shaping to be similar to the one we’ve had this year with awards going various directions; Even the major precursors could go to different people, something like Gaga – GG, Kidman – SAG, Stewart – BAFTA, Colman – CC… It would make it exciting at least.

lol Kristen isn’t winning the BAFTA 👀

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I think #5 will probably be Chastain v. Cruz to be honest, unless Tessa’s momentum picks up after this. Zegler’s NBR win really feels more and more like an outlier. Not so confident in her. Same with Alana Haim. And Hudson’s performance seems to be forgotten unfortunately.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Wahhh got three predictions right hahah so glad Tessa got in suprised Jessica chastain missed. this group predictions are good so congratulations to these five but I do think only three would make it. Also the consistency of Kristen Stewart and Nicole Kidman it’s like those two are just looming aggressively around waiting for their time, once one of them picks up steam it’s game over lol.

In the field with too many historical figures, someone has to miss. My guess has always been that Kidman arrival (another transformation through makeup) would hurt Chastain the most because Kidman plays a more known and more beloved (to Hollywood at least) figure in a better movie with more prestige behind the camera. It doesn’t mean Chastain is done (Globes could revive her cause she’s done well with them) but Kidman kind of cancels her out methinks. At least atm.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

lol Kristen isn’t winning the BAFTA 👀

And the explanation for your statement is?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve switched to predicting Nicole for the win. Definitely think Kristen can still win (BAFTA can give her a huge boost) but I feel Nicole’s performance seems like it might have a lot of passion and she could emerge as the consensus pick. She’s a veteran, she’s got a narrative, SAG love her, BAFTA aren’t apathetic towards her work and her film may get multiple nominations outside of her for it to be seen enough.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I dont know what it is about Gaga since she’s such a massive superstar, but she has always had this “underdog” feeling about her that I think people connect to.

This feeling + the narrative that she saved her movie is what is going to push her heavily.

people love to underestimate her too and she always shows them who exactly she is.

Seriously though.. If she pulls off another nomination if anybody DARES to dismiss her as an actress next time around they will be humiliating themselves.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.