Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Ben Affleck Fan
laslo
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Next year the black queens are coming for their rightful things with Regina King, Viola Davis, Naomi Ackie all in hella baity projects

Regina King is going to be eligible next year?

The other contenders better run…

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Regina King is going to be eligible next year? The other contenders better run…

I think so, Shirley started shooting like two weeks ago and I dont think thats a movie that needs heavy post production, so it may be ready fo TIFF

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Just as we are discussing Best Actress, let’s take a moment to recall this mind blowing scene from Terms of Endearment which gave Shirley MacLaine her long overdue Oscar.

Give my daughter the shot!

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I think it’s going to be one and not both of Haim and Zegler in the end. Depends on which one’s film is a bigger contender.

Probably… especially because they’re not out yet and we don’t know they’ll do overall plus the critical appraisal tends to shift once a film is released. My money is on Haim for now until WSS becomes a Roma-like BP frontrunner (I think it is seeming like a frontrunner, but it looks like a 5-horse race rn by that standard so we’re gonna need some more clarification).

Also, Haim’s naturalistic and low-key performance seems VERY modern in a way that’s becoming common as of the last few years (Aparicio, McDormand, McCarthy, Johansson [kinda], Streep, Negga, Rampling, Ronan in Brooklyn).

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Giordano Bruno
    Topics:

I agree with your 4, but you might want to predict Gaga is likely that 5th spot that you’re thinking will go to someone else.

Oh thats not happening, Marina would K word herself before predicting Gaga for having a chance in this race lol

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I think so, Shirley started shooting like two weeks ago and I dont think thats a movie that needs heavy post production, so it may be ready fo TIFF

We could POTENTIALLY have three Black Best Actress nominees next year….

potential nominees:

Viola Davis for The Woman King
    Regina King for Shirley
    Naomi Ackie for I Wanna Dance With Somebody
    Halle Berry for The Mothership

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Just as we are discussing Best Actress, let’s take a moment to recall this mind blowing scene from Terms of Endearment which gave Shirley MacLaine her long overdue Oscar. Give my daughter the shot!

Her speech that year was a very good one. She had the perfect opener and punch at the end!

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

also YESSSSSSSSSSSS for Tessa Thompson getting nominated for the WAFCA Awards!!!!!

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Her speech that year was a very good one. She had the perfect opener and punch at the end!

Totally.
    “I’m going to cry because this show has been as long as my career”.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Passing blew me away. I’m surprised at how ignored it is.

Idk why you’re surprised. Its a small independent Black led film set in the 20s. There have been plenty of brilliant performances and films centered on Black people that have been ignored left and right. This doesn’t surprise me at all. I’m just glad that the film even exists.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Honestly, I don’t really like the idea of Naomi Ackie in the biopic of Whitney Houston. Not in a bad way, though, I think she in one of the, if not the, most promising actor in her generation. Starring as Whitney means that she will have a gigantic amount of pressure and coverage, especially regarding to the similarity of what she does to the real life. Plus, even if she is successful, there is a chance of her either being typecast or being known as Whitney in everything she does, which might make it harder for her to control her career in the future. We have not even talked the director which works were so far really hit-or-miss.

Thus, I can only hope the best for her. She has too much talent and capability to be ignored.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Margot Robbie/Cate Blanchett would be favourites for next years Oscar’s. There projects are really good!

Also, Nicole Kidman has been getting huge praise so far with more screenings opening for Being The Ricardos!

Profile picture
    Jaket1991
    Topics:

I can’t be bothered to go through 9 pages of back and forth about Gaga. It’s been three hours, I think, and this thread is outdoing itself. This is more intense than last year already – who knew.

Colman won’t miss. She has unintentionally charmed the entire industry and public. That + mastery of her craft means she’s in, even if she misses some critic awards. People want to see what she’s in – she’s popular and people have confidence in her choice of projects. If she’s in it, it’s likely to be good.

It’s obviously difficult to have a view on critics awards this early as they’ve seen movies we’ve yet to. I can’t form an opinion because of that but I do think two are very safe (the same two most others do): Kristen & Nicole.

in a perfect world I’d add Tessa and Cruz to that list. But it isn’t looking promising for the former. Cruz can definitely pull off the nom. Some campaigns, wisely or unwisely, don’t get pushed until later- she will probably be much more visible in the NY.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I’m not ready to drop Penelope yet. Hope she pulls an Antonio Banderas and her name gets announced on the morning the nominations are revealed 

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Honestly, I don’t really like the idea of Naomi Ackie in the biopic of Whitney Houston. Not in a bad way, though, I think she in one of the, if not the, most promising actor in her generation. Starring as Whitney means that she will have a gigantic amount of pressure and coverage, especially regarding to the similarity of what she does to the real life. Plus, even if she is successful, there is a chance of her either being typecast or being known as Whitney in everything she does, which might make it harder for her to control her career in the future. We have not even talked the director which works were so far really hit-or-miss.

Thus, I can only hope the best for her. She has too much talent and capability to be ignored.

I think the project (if its good, and I REALLY hope its good) could propel her to stardom the way it did Angela Bassett with What’s Love Got To Do With It.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.