Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 552 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
Ben Affleck Fan
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

Can moderators do anything about certain accounts here which are obviously the same person? I’ve counted at least 3 from recent pages… it’s so boring and tiresome to read through these stan arguments with people talking to themselves with their sock accounts…some of us just want to follow the race without wading through the insecurity…

If it’s so obvious, why don’t you call them out directly? Who are you talking about? Either name them or quit bitching.

Profile picture
    pierremg
    Topics:

Gaga has 1 of the three major critics awards, so I don’t know why you guys are still fighting. She’s not the one who needs to be defended. Actually, she has everything on her side. So, I invite all Gaga fans to calm down, and let the pressed haters alone. Again: she’s not the one who needs to be defended.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I really am perplexed at the idea that The Lost Daughter is some unwatchably weird art house puzzle box. I can promise you it’s not that strange.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I really am perplexed at the idea that The Lost Daughter is some unwatchably weird art house puzzle box. I can promise you it’s not that strange.

Kinda unrelated but today a classmate told me I probably didn’t like Dune cause it’s not for those who dislike slow movies…
    We can even extend that to Titane being considered too shocking or bold for the academy when I found it fairly light to the expectations lol

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Gaga has 1 of the three major critics awards, so I don’t know why you guys are still fighting. She’s not the one who needs to be defended. Actually, she has everything on her side. So, I invite all Gaga fans to calm down, and let the pressed haters alone. Again: she’s not the one who needs to be defended.

Calling out obvious trolls benefits everyone so people stop taking them seriously. None of the drama right now has anything to do with defending someone, it’s just someone was exposed for being a Twitter troll and bringing their nonsense to GD.

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.” 😭

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Alana is happy. (and has great taste) https://twitter.com/LicoriceUpdates/status/1467974186731667459?s=20

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Just gonna throw out there that calling posters you disagree with “mentally ill” is wildly insensitive and that, ya know, we obviously shouldn’t be doing that.

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Alana is happy. (and has great taste) https://twitter.com/LicoriceUpdates/status/1467974186731667459?s=20

I wish the people here were as friendly as these two contenders. Imagine having this constant toxicity over female actresses that propably don’t know you exist, while these women handle this so gracefully, the so called competition between them.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Three things to consider:

1) Never underestimate Colman and Macdorman, they are popular, beloved, respected, talented and with incredible baity roles.

2) Critics not always match with the Industry. There’ve been times when contenders with the most critics wins are snubbed, win nothing or get very few awards (losing the Oscar anyway) during winter awards, for example: Natalie Portman, Adam Driver, Lupita Nyongo, Ethan Hawke, Timothee Chalamet, Sally Hawkins, Laurie Metcalf, Willem Dafoe, Chadwick Boseman, etc. Also, it’s happened that right after the industry awards start, sometimes there’s a shift in the critics winners, probably because they want to predict the Oscar winner.
    Nothing is a done deal till winter awards start.

3) Kristen and Nicole are still the frontrunnners for nomination, one of them not making it will be strange af.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Yeah I was messing with KB for being dragged by the critics. And it’s just meant to be humorous. Let’s not take it too far and call each other names over it.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

“K Stew’s chances are dying.” – Gaga stans

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

In the end Kidman will prevail, leaving both Stewart and Gaga happy with being nominated.

-End of the season-

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

“K Stew’s chances are dying.” – Gaga stans

This has been said more times lately by the Chastain ones in fact, but of course you have to make it about Gaga ones.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.