Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 552 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
Ben Affleck Fan
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

In the end Kidman will prevail, leaving both Stewart and Gaga happy with being nominated. -End of the season-

If Kidman is our winner then she needs to make a splash, and soon. The last December release to win this was Meryl and she won NYFCC, was third at NSFC and won some regionals. She also had a big overdue narrative, Harvey in her corner and reviews dropped much earlier than BTR. Kidman and her film still feels like a bit of a question mark.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Just gonna throw out there that calling posters you disagree with “mentally ill” is wildly insensitive and that, ya know, we obviously shouldn’t be doing that.

Obsessing hating somebody all the time in more social platforms starting from this forum is not a normal behaviour for me, it’s mental illness, and it has been pointing out by more users in here, nobody is calling that people just for disagree on something.

Easy coming here and saying these obvious things, without giving any context.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

“Not normal” and “mentally ill” are not the same thing. Just call them an obsessive weirdo.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Oh no its ok! You don’t have to apologize, its not offensive to not know something, dont feel bad about it, I just replied to you cause it may be confusing nowadays when people are OBSESSED with race.

got scared there lol I know world is nuts. I just really hope and pray we don’t get another Oscar so white again becuase people here and everywhere were nonstop about it and it took the fun of it all. For the record though I’m gonna say that it’s either Kidman or Gaga with the Oscar when all is said and done my gut feeling

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

“Not normal” and “mentally ill” are not the same thing. Just call them an obsessive weirdo.

As if this is any better or a compliment or much different from what I said, call it whatever you want, the concept it’s the same, those behaviours are not normal.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Obsessing hating somebody all the time in more social platforms starting from this forum is not a normal behaviour for me, it’s mental illness, and it has been pointing out by more users in here, nobody is calling that people just for disagree on something. Easy coming here and saying these obvious things, without giving any context.

You have called me mental ill before, don’t act like this is not a normal thing for you…

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

If Kidman is our winner then she needs to make a splash, and soon. The last December release to win this was Meryl and she won NYFCC, was third at NSFC and won some regionals. She also had a big overdue narrative, Harvey in her corner and reviews dropped much earlier than BTR. Kidman and her film still feels like a bit of a question mark.

There is time to make a splash, December releases can be just fine and Oscars are only in the end of march. If she was screened early for SAG then she can be in all season.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

In what world does SAG or Golden Globes or the Academy need permission from critics to award Kidman lol. She’s gonna be a big enough name in a big enough role. She doesn’t need regional critics wins.

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

TLD is the first film of a pretty well respected actress and it stars an even more respected actress. I’m not saying it’s going to be a hit but it will definitely do better than Passing imo.

And btw the HBO show My Brilliant Friend (an adaptation of Ferrante’s main saga) has been doing pretty well even though all the actors are unknown worldwide. There’s a real interest in the adaptations of Ferrante’s work.

FYC

Best Picture : The Worst Person in the World, Benedetta, Dune

Best Director : Denis Villeneuve

Best Actress : Renate Reinsve, Agathe Rousselle, Penélope Cruz

Best Supporting Actress : Charlotte Rampling, Jessie Buckley

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

In what world does SAG or Golden Globes or the Academy need permission from critics to award Kidman lol. She’s gonna be a big enough name in a big enough role. She doesn’t need regional critics wins.

That may be so, but if she’s as strong a competitor as she’s been hyped she would be winning them anyway.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

People are doubting Nicole Kidman’s nomination chances based on 5 critics awards she was nominated for but did not win, remember earlier this year Viola Davis was not nominated for many critics awards and won none of them and yet still won SAG and became a frontrunner in a very similar manner Nicole would, transformative performance in a legend’s biopic… We all know how respected Kidman is and she is playing Lucille Ball – one of the most beloved Hollywood figures, she should be just fine!

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

This thread is so chaotic. The gays are fighting like hell here. Hahaha. Why don’t we all just root for the ones we truly like and let other people be. If you want to argue, make it formal and polite. We’re not winning any money here folks, stop being so aggressive. Anyways, an update of my predictions:

1. Kristen Stewart.
    2. Nicole Kidman.
    3. Alana Haim.
    4. Olivia Colman.
    5. Lady Gaga.

I wish to gain momentum:
    Tessa Thompson or Penelope Cruz.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Can moderators do anything about certain accounts here which are obviously the same person? I’ve counted at least 3 from recent pages… it’s so boring and tiresome to read through these stan arguments with people talking to themselves with their sock accounts…some of us just want to follow the race without wading through the insecurity…

It’s definitely the same person or couple of people. I know the unemployment rate is not that high.  Just keep that Ignore button ready for the huge lack of taste we deal with.

by the way, what happened to Kord? They would be having a field day in this mess.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

The obvious trolls on here are the Gaga accounts that were all made in the last 3 months. Look @ Lil Tony’s account date (an actual fan) vs all the Gaga Stan accounts that have been created recently in the last 3 months. It’s unprecedented. There can’t be anyway in hell those are all different people. Then you have the fake Gaga Stan accounts too. There’s so fucking many of them and in reality it’s probably only 3 or 4people. Moving on…

Jessica Chastain is STILL in this, Haim rises, Kristen Stewart proved I need to stay seated, and nothing happened for Gaga

besides Variety boosting her yet again

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

In the end Kidman will prevail, leaving both Stewart and Gaga happy with being nominated. -End of the season-

Kidman McDormanding the season. Happy ending.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.