Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 552 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
Lil Tony
Ben Affleck Fan
  • Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Kristen
    Nicole
    Olivia
    Gaga
    Penelope/Jennifer/Jessica

I can’t see Alana beating any of the last 3 out for that spot. Definitely not Rachel.

Profile picture
    eclipseart
    Topics:

Oscar voters love newcomers, especially coming from musical backgrounds. Remember when Julie Andrews won over already famous Audrey Hepburn? There’s a slight chance that Rachel will be nominated.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Oscar voters love newcomers, especially coming from musical backgrounds. Remember when Julie Andrews won over already famous Audrey Hepburn? There’s a slight chance that Rachel will be nominated.

More than a slight chance I’d say.

Profile picture
    eclipseart
    Topics:

I just can’t get over on this performance. I watched it for like 4 times now.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

An Oscar nomination is a major boost to any actor, and seeing as Rachel Zegler has been cast in the upcoming Snow White remake, it makes sense to boost her career with an Oscar to hopefully turn her into a real star.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Lol if your favs has won the Sunset circle jerk you’d be thrilled so stop the huffing and puffing

This would be true about a more prestigious award, like the NYFCC, but not this one. Nobody would/should care about this one. Come on. Maybe it’d be different if the people in charge didn’t act a damn fool this year, but they did.

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.” 😭

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

I feel like Alana Haim is totally happening.

Yup. Been saying it for weeks.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I’m not getting the hype for Haim. The 25 year old character dating a 15 year old boy aspect of the story is going to become an issue once LP gets seen by a larger audience and the mudslinging begins.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

I’m not getting the hype for Haim. The 25 year old character dating a 15 year old boy aspect of the story is going to become an issue once LP gets seen by a larger audience and the mudslinging begins.

Ugh. Shoot me already. You seem like someone that spends lots of time in twitter.

Correct me If I’m wrong. Wasn’t Green Book bombarded with controversy?

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Ugh. Shoot me already. You seem like someone that spends lots of time in twitter. Correct me If I’m wrong. Wasn’t Green Book bombarded with controversy?

GB had some controversy, but this LP controversy actually could hurt it. I mean most people don’t agree with 15 year olds dating 25 year olds.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

GB had some controversy, but this LP controversy actually could hurt it. I mean most people don’t agree with 15 year olds dating 25 year olds.

“some”. Well that’s underplaying it.

Stop trying to drag controversy into something you don’t want to happen. Critics are loving her. That’s the hype we are following.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

This would be true about a more prestigious award, like the NYFCC, but not this one. Nobody would/should care about this one. Come on. Maybe it’d be different if the people in charge didn’t act a damn fool this year, but they did.

most critics act the damn fool all year.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Good lord.

Y’all. I dont know whether this matters or not for awards season but haven’t we seen more extreme age gap dating in Hollywood between almost mid-aged man and a relatively very young woman with ridiculous age gap. If those gets a pass, why LP Cant do the same between much older woman and a much younger man?

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

There’s a part in the trailer where Alana’s character says “I think it’s weird I hang out with him and his 15-year-old friends” and I didn’t pick up on what that meant until someone explained to me the age gap lol. Yes, it’s gross, and I’m confused as to why people aren’t picking up on it? It’s not Alana’s fault of course, so her performance shouldn’t be canned because of it, but it’s still nasty.

Good lord. Y’all. I dont know whether this matters or not for awards season but haven’t we seen more extreme age gap dating in Hollywood between almost mid-aged man and a relatively very young woman with ridiculous age gap. If those gets a pass, why LP Cant do the same between much older woman and a much younger man?

Age gaps between adults aren’t a problem. Age gaps between a literal child and an adult is. I felt the same way with Call Me By Your Name.

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.” 😭

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.