Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 552 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
Lil Tony
The Northman
  • Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Yeah BTR will fall when updated. But HoG won’t go up certainly. It’s not getting in BP. It’s more likely that a movie like Drive My Car or The Worst Person in the World gets in BP

If ‘Bohemian Rapsody’ could get a nomination with 10 point less than HOG on Metacritic, it won’t be a problem for HOG to make it considering it’s the most successful box office drama of the last 2 years and all the media outlets reported it. Reminder that critics are not voting at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

No wonder why Kidman wasn’t winning anything. Well ladies and gentlmen, Kristen is probably safer now, unless Gaga becomes a threat (who’s probably the #2 now whether people like it or not).

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

You really believe two foreign films are over the biggest adult drama movie since 2019 at the Oscars? I mean, I’d love to see that happen too, but I thought we were keeping a logical mindset while doing predictions.

Oh yes I do. Today (2021), I believe they are.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

This opened a day ago and is already about to close.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

And just like that Nicole sinks.

Lady Gaga is winning SAG.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At this point I think it’s potentially: 1. Stewart 2. Haim Then two of the three in critical hits: Colman, Cruz and McDormand And one from those flashy performances in crowdpleasers: Gaga, Kidman, Chastain Zegler is the potential party crasher but not seeing her at this point.

I’m glad someone is as optimistic about Haim as I am. I just don’t get why there’s so much scepticism about a critically raved performance (that is picking up critics wins and noms) from a film win competitive for Best Picture getting in. Yalitza Aparicio and Marina de Tavira both happened with zero precursor nominations.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Not yall forgetting that rachel or olivia could sweep in and take it

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

I think people are severely underestimating the impact HoG’s success will have. We all like to think the only thing that matters is one’s performance, but we’re living in a COVID world where the entire industry has been shaken up, and only superhero and family films are bringing in cash. HoG is well on its way to $100,000,000 globally despite being an adult drama that is Rated R. That is absolutely something the Academy will take into account, whether purposefully or not. Gaga being at the top of that gives her a huge advantage even if some of you don’t want to admit it.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

So Ricardos a mess outside of Kidman?

Colman 1

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This opened a day ago and is already about to close.

Last season this hit 50 threads, i won’t be shocked if this year this goes until like 80 threads.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    Jules
    Topics:

Despite tepid reception from the audience, Portman got in with Jackie because she’s a legendary actress with a BA win in her bag. And she was never the frontrunner that year. We are not debating whether Stewart will get a nomination or not (because she will most likely be a lock at this point). Kristen is still seen as Bella Swan by the vast majority of viewers. Media coverage won’t help her shake that image off given how poorly the movie has performed. I don’t see her winning. No one was comparing HoG to LLL. You are just making stuff up at this point.

I’m not making stuff up. I’m noting a parallel that is very much warranted in my opinion. Two excellent performances in unconventional biopics that were similarly received. The difference is Stewart has weaker competitors.

Anyway, you don’t see her winning, good for you. May your wished be granted. I disagreed with the dubious emphasis on RT audience scores (exclusively!) so I shared my thoughts on the matter.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

At this rate, brace for a late entry nominee Frances, Olivia or Zegler maybe.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

I think people are severely underestimating the impact HoG’s success will have. We all like to think the only thing that matters is one’s performance, but we’re living in a COVID world where the entire industry has been shaken up, and only superhero and family films are bringing in cash. HoG is well on its way to $100,000,000 globally despite being an adult drama that is Rated R. That is absolutely something the Academy will take into account, whether purposefully or not. Gaga being at the top of that gives her a huge advantage whether certain people want to admit that or not.

Or you’re severely overstimating it. It’s 2021. In a pandemic world after a weird Oscars 2021.

Streaming became much bigger. Habits changed.

The reality is that we don’t how a box office hit in our today can do at the Oscars. We don’t know if it’s still relevant. We don’t what’s the mindset. We don’t know if they would still nominate something because of box office (because that’s really the only thing it has going for Best Picture IF it’s still a thing).

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

LOL but from Twitter reactions I thought Being the Ricardos was the best Aaorn Sorkin film and would pose a threat to win Best Picture and Original Screenplay. Twitter reactions are such blasphemy.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/being_the_ricardos

Hit 60% with 30 reviews. Looks like this is gonna be similar to HoG where it straddles the line between fresh and rotten.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.