Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 552 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
The Northman
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

LOL but from Twitter reactions I thought Being the Ricardos was the best Aaorn Sorkin film and would pose a threat to win Best Picture and Original Screenplay. Twitter reactions are such blasphemy.

Aaron Sorkin is not that good in this project, the praises were mostly for the cast on Twitter.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

This race now:

1. Kristen Stewart
    2. Lady Gaga

Everyone else lmao

Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

I think Olivia’s chances for a second Oscar had become real after Nicole’s flop reviews.

1) Kristen
    2) Olivia
    3) Gaga
    Haim, Zegler, Thompson and Cruz for the last 2 spots.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Despite tepid reception from the audience, Portman got in with Jackie because she’s a legendary actress with a BA win in her bag. And she was never the frontrunner that year. We are not debating whether Stewart will get a nomination or not (because she will most likely be a lock at this point). Kristen is still seen as Bella Swan by the vast majority of viewers. Media coverage won’t help her shake that image off given how poorly the movie has performed. I don’t see her winning. No one was comparing HoG to LLL. You are just making stuff up at this point.

Eh Stewart’s won over some people from her grind in the indies. Spencer had  problems, but even people not high on the movie still find ways to give her credit. I wouldn’t discount some of the good stock she’s built up.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/being_the_ricardos

Hit 60% with 30 reviews. Looks like this is gonna be similar to HoG where it straddles the line between fresh and rotten.

Maybe but HoG started with 71% and went all the way down to the low 60s over the hundreds of reviews coming in. Same with Eternal (it got rotten eventually).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This race now:

1. Kristen Stewart
    2. Lady Gaga

Everyone else lmao

Really wish I was this certain about Lady Gaga, i love her and her performance but something keeps pulling me back

I have both Zegler and Haim getting in, if LP and WSS are win competitive for Picture they shouldn’t be in that much difficulty. Kristen is locked and my last two are Olivia and Nicole. Maybe I’ll replace Nicole Kidman for Gaga but reviews aside, she’s Nicole Kidman playing Lucille Ball, catnip for voters i think.

That’s without mentioning Cruz, McDormand, Thompson etc who have critical buzz.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Or you’re severely overstimating it. It’s 2021. In a pandemic world after a weird Oscars 2021. Streaming became much bigger. Habits changed. The reality is that we don’t how a box office hit in our today can do at the Oscars. We don’t know if it’s still relevant. We don’t what’s the mindset. We don’t know if they would still nominate something because of box office (because that’s really the only thing it has going for Best Picture IF it’s still a thing).

I don’t think I’m overestimating it. With how big streaming has become, it’s even harder for a movie that premieres in theaters to turn a profit, which just makes HoG’s success even more impressive. I am not saying that its success is the be all, end all main factor, because it’s not. What I’m saying is that at the end of the day the voters are human beings susceptible to biases, like what was successful and what wasn’t. The Academy are much more like general audiences than they are Twitter and media film critics, so the success of a movie absolutely plays a role.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Or you’re severely overstimating it. It’s 2021. In a pandemic world after a weird Oscars 2021. Streaming became much bigger. Habits changed. The reality is that we don’t how a box office hit in our today can do at the Oscars. We don’t know if it’s still relevant. We don’t what’s the mindset. We don’t know if they would still nominate something because of box office (because that’s really the only thing it has going for Best Picture IF it’s still a thing).

Are you aware that majority of Oscar members are old white men? They’re still biased when it comes to streaming and a Rater R movie directed by an old white man making numbers at the box office for adult drama won’t be unnoticed, the most successufl adult drama of the last 2 years, even Sasha Stone had to made an article about it, like the troll from the music section always says: ‘Get Real’!

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/being_the_ricardos Hit 60% with 30 reviews. Looks like this is gonna be similar to HoG where it straddles the line between fresh and rotten.

Its not going to do similar to HOG, they planted fake hype for BTR. Some might have fallen for it in initial reviews, because perception matters.

Reviewers in later stage are going to be far more ruthless. And its going rotten.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Well, quite the development with this Kidman reviews. In terms of winning, I can only one of these three women winning now: Colman, Stewart and Zegler (WSS is extremely well liked and she checks so many boxes for nominees) All the rest have their own set of drawbacks.

Nicole and Jessica can do well, but will they have the level of passion needed to overcome their movies? Don’t think they can pull off a Renee

I will never ever ever EVER underestimate Colman again. The woman has the hardware to shut down any naysayer.

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/being_the_ricardos Hit 60% with 30 reviews. Looks like this is gonna be similar to HoG where it straddles the line between fresh and rotten.

Nah it’ll get rotten. Wait for the reviews to flood in from people that didn’t attend a screener that had a Kidman Q+A.

Profile picture
    Jules
    Topics:

If WSS performs well on top of the ubiquitous critical acclaim, she could become the robust populist choice that is lacking from this year’s round-up so far.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

If WSS performs well on top of the ubiquitous critical acclaim, she could become the robust populist choice that is lacking from this year’s round-up so far.

I’m super curious to see how well it does at the BO. There aren’t any big names attached apart from from Spielberg so it’s def. going to have to rely on word of mouth and big promotion.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Being the Ricardos 59% on Rotten Tomatoes. 💀💀. Jessica Chastain rises again. She’ll win the Oscar.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Well, quite the development with this Kidman reviews. In terms of winning, I can only one of these three women winning now: Colman, Stewart and Zegler (WSS is extremely well liked and she checks so many boxes for nominees) All the rest have their own set of drawbacks.

Nicole and Jessica can do well, but will they have the level of passion needed to overcome their movies? Don’t think they can pull off a Renee

I will never ever ever EVER underestimate Colman again. The woman has the hardware to shut down any naysayer.

Anne Thompson twice knocked her out of her predix but she kept returning 🤣 Bet against her at your peril.

Vulture said last Friday that Kidman, Stewart and Zegler were the only locks for noms. I think Colman is one, even if Lost Daughter gets into nothing else beyond adapted screenplay / though Vulture is sticking with it for the BP 10.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.