Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 541 through 552 (of 552 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
Lil Tony
The Northman
  • Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Being the Ricardos is UP to 66% 73% percent with top critics

Many positive ones are missing from metacritic too. People dismissing Kidman fast here.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Even if Kristen does win, she will still be remembered for the most panned performance of this century. Fine, she might actually have the second most-panned performance after Dakota Johnson. Kristen’s stans are getting really cocky and brave.

Say what you will about Twillight series, but You cant argue about KStew’s Twillight critical reception while Lindsay Lohan, Jennifer Lopez and Tara Reid exists

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Many positive ones are missing from metacritic too. People dismissing Kidman fast here.

Which is what they always do. Smh. They just don’t want to be wrong.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Eh Stewart’s won over some people from her grind in the indies. Spencer had problems, but even people not high on the movie still find ways to give her credit. I wouldn’t discount some of the good stock she’s built up.

So Stewart, Gaga and possibly Kidman are on the same boat in that aspect?

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

Even if Kristen does win, she will still be remembered for the most panned performance of this century.

Let’s say this is true, don’t you think it even more impressive then if she comes back from “the most panned performance of this century” to being an Oscar (and Cesar) winner?

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Im annoyed on how some people being hypocritical against her while giving Bjork a pass to act with similar voice on Dancer in the Dark and lauds her as some of the Greatest Performances that never got nominated at Oscars.

There is absolutely no correlation to what you said at all. Each aspect had a different purpose in each film. The poster found it didn’t work in LNIS specifically.
    The voice is not even the reason I hated Thomasin’s performance but the Björk comparison was out of nowhere. And yes, B was one of the Greatest Performances that never got nominated at Oscars.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I think Kidman will be nominated, but this is still Stewart to lose.

Stewart
    Kidman
    Colman
    Gaga
    Zegler/Haim/Cruz/Chastain

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

The problem with some of you is that you always jump the gun. If someone doesn’t win one award then they aren’t getting nominated. Like calm down

This. The overreactions from before were hilarious.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Even if Kristen does win, she will still be remembered for the most panned performance of this century. Fine, she might actually have the second most-panned performance after Dakota Johnson. Kristen’s stans are getting really cocky and brave.

Michael, or whatever your other account name on here is, stfu you ridiculous clown. Of all the people you want to try and bring diwn it’s literally the ONLY lock of the year. The stupidity, the lameassery, the desperation!!!!

And stfu about Twilight, a decade on and it’s still finding a new audience and going viral on the regular. A lot more than a lot of other franchises. Kristen remains making a % off the backend too so loololololol

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

So Stewart, Gaga and possibly Kidman are on the same boat in that aspect?

I’d think so right now. I can’t find a reason to blame one of them for being in a subpar movie and forgive the others. Also a reason why Chastain is still floating around somewhere. But out of Spencer, HoG, and BTR, Spencer may end up having the least problems and has the excuse that it’s more of an arthouse film. Part of me feels like the easiest thing to do would just be to give it to Stewart and call it a day.

The big difference is Kidman has her Oscar already. Whether that matters, I’m not sure yet.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

We are at the point when we are comparing Kristen Stewart to Portman 😭 . This is how terrible this year’s “frontrunner” is. What’s next? Kristen vs. Meryl? Spencer vs. The Iron Lady? At least, Gaga stans stay in their lane.

She’s already been listed as one of the best of all time…..a list that had Streep missing. Only only on Goldderby. Lol

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

I think both Stewart and Gaga will have a hard time to win the Oscar.

Stewart is a hit or miss type or actress. When she is good she is very good, but she has several bad acting moments in her career (and 7 razzie noms). She is amazing in Spencer, by far her best acting performance, but the films it’s too artsy and unpopular.

Gaga has a previous acting nom which helps, but she still seen as a “Pop Star”, not an actress with a great career/performances. Reception for her film is very mixed too. I thought she was OK but not really oscar worthy, but some are really loving her performance. If she gets Globe + SAG + BAFTA noms, and wins either SAG or BAFTA I think she will become the frontrunner. But right now I don’t think she is winning either of those.

I’m feeling we will have similar situation to last year. Awards spread between 3-4 frontrunners:

Globe Comedy: Zegler (Haim as a spoiler)
    Globe Drama: Stewart
    SAG: Colman (Gaga as a spoiler)
    BAFTA: Stewart (Colman as a spoiler)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 12 posts - 541 through 552 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.