Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 552 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
Lil Tony
Ben Affleck Fan
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

People should hold their horses before they start predicting Chastain after Detroit. They were clearly drunk at the time of voting after picking LMM for director and Cyrano for picture.

She definitely needs more than just Detroit to be nomination competitive.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain deserves a nomination. That interview scene alone……

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Lmfaooo. Haters fuming

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

The girls that won so far needed it more, people like Colman, Kidman and McDornand can make it somehow to the Oscar line-up with  just being present in noms this season. The other girls needed more the wins so far to establish themselves.

Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

Detroit literally gave its award to people who quoted their nominations lmfao. Jessica, debrose  and cyrano films 😭 it’s so funny 😂 but congrat that’s them.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Get ready for #oscarsowhite for lead actress if they shut out Husdson, Thompson, or Halle. My prediction, they actually might have Frances as the 5th spot and it will cause an uproar

An all white lineup is looking more and more likely. I just don’t think Hudson or Thompson can regain momentum at this point. Halle was never really in the conversation tbh. Tessa needed these critics to get behind her to be in the race.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Detroit Film Critics Society with their announcements today 

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

As it turns out, this tweet aged like fine wine.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

An all white lineup is looking more and more likely. I just don’t think Hudson or Thompson can regain momentum at this point. Halle was never really in the conversation tbh. Tessa needed these critics to get behind her to be in the race.

3 critics groups and you’ve already reached certainty lol. Looooooong way to go.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The girls that won so far needed it more, people like Colman, Kidman and McDornand can make it somehow to the Oscar line-up with just being present in noms this season. The other girls needed more the wins so far to establish themselves.

I never buy this talk. Olivia Colman was winning before she won the Oscar. Frances McDormand was winning before she won the Oscar.

Can Kidman, Colman, McDormand get nominated? Sure. But are they going to be win-competitive? Not if they’re not winning the precursors.

This notion that someone can just be losing left and right and suddenly win the Oscar is pretty unfounded. Even Frances last year picked up so many wins including WAFCA.

Profile picture
    Rodrigo Moura
    Topics:

For GOLDEN GLOBES

While no films or actors actually have to be officially submitted for Globes consideration this year due to the HFPA’s decision to lift the entry requirements previously in place, some studios are going even further and not providing screening links. A top campaign firm also indicated it won’t promote multiple high-profile clients (spanning several studios) to the HFPA over the same period.

“I don’t think anyone would use that kind of nomination in an outward-facing way to promote clients,” says one talent representative currently heading an Oscar bid for a noted actress. “It could have a negative effect.” Our campaign mastermind cited earlier (now coordinating several campaigns) speculates that stars could push back, too. “Let’s say they give it to a certain actress and she says, ‘Uh, I don’t want it,'” the strategist says. Potential nominees could be shamed by the public if they embrace an honor from a group that hasn’t enacted tangible change, which is why any sort of in-person appearance by an honoree seems out of the question: “A celebrity-led event is not the direction we are heading for this year’s program,” says Hoehne.

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

The girls that won so far needed it more, people like Colman, Kidman and McDornand can make it somehow to the Oscar line-up with just being present in noms this season. The other girls needed more the wins so far to establish themselves.

I agree with this. I don’t think McDormand or Colman really need to win critics awards to build momentum in the race, they are academy darlings. Kidman also has a strong narrative, especially with how derided she was at the beginning of the season.

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

You guys sound so pressed. Maybe they just genuinely liked Cyrano and TTB? I’d rather these regional awards go to passion picks than lay out the red carpet for the existing frontrunners that don’t need their support.

Happy Chastain picked one up. We’ve got a long way to go and I don’t want to snore through a sweep.

FYC:

Best Picture: C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (C'mon C'mon), Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick... Boom!)
    Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)
    Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs (Mass), Robin de Jesús (Tick, Tick... Boom!)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.