Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 552 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
Lil Tony
Ben Affleck Fan
  • Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

I could have sworn she is Hispanic.

She is Spaniard, so I guess she’s Hispanic if you go by the US Census Bureau definition, but she’s def white white.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

1. Kidman

2. Colman

3. Stewart

4. Chastain (Detroit or not Detroit, she may pull through, the performance and several checklists are there)

5. The death match slot: Cruz/LG/Zegler/Haim/Hudson/Lawrence?

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

No not really BUT It’s an award that your favorite did not win. She also got shutout today completely. I know you’re mad. It’s okay babe, feel better.

The way said favorite doesn’t even have to be mentioned for you to be thrown into a tizzy. She’s really on your mind all the time, isn’t she? 😩

Anyways, House of Gucci Chanteuse is coming for her FOURTH Oscar Nomination.

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.” 😭

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

As i Said, we are 10 seconds in this race, wait for LAFCA, Boston and San Francisco to speak too from Critics Associations.

Profile picture
    snowball
    Topics:

I could have sworn she is Hispanic or I think I heard her call it Spainard cuz she was born in Spain on one of the shows.

Cruz is Spanish. They are white.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

I could have sworn she is Hispanic or I think I heard her call it Spainard cuz she was born in Spain on one of the shows.

Yeah, Hispanic just means “from Spain”.

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.” 😭

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Lol people overreacting over the first critics awards. We have like 50 more ahead of us. Trust me, you’ll get tired of them and won’t even check the winners after a while.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Well, spanish people are hispanics, and can be white, just like latin american people are mostly hispanics and can be white

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

We have to let some of the women go. The boat is full. Who’s off ship? Tessa, Halle, Camila? I’m crushed

I think I’ll wait till 12 critics groups which is….still just 1/4th of all the critics groups LOL. It’s not impossible, people do surge after the early days and Tessa got nominated with one group & Gothams. I know it seems remote and it is, but 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

God, I need Tessa to get the nom:(

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I think I’ll wait till 12 critics groups which is….still just 1/4th of all the critics groups LOL. It’s not impossible, people do surge after the early days and Tessa got nominated with one group & Gothams. I know it seems remote and it is, but 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

I want her to happen too, though.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Well, spanish people are hispanics, and can be white, just like latin american people are mostly hispanics and can be white

Just gonna reply to everyone who just educated me on here. I just reiterated what she said on that show. I didn’t know the intricacies of all the terminology. Did not mean to offend anyone in any way. Just wanted to say that I think either Cruz or Hudson could get a nom and we hopefully won’t have to deal with another oscarssowhite moment

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

They REALLY are. Now Detroit voters are drunk, there’s not that many of them, this one is the least important etc. At the end of the day if their fav won Detroit, they would include it in their narrative of how their girl is winning.

I think you have misunderstood my motivations. 1. I was obvious joking and 2. I was trying to get ahead of reactionary predictions based off a group that very much went their own way. If you think I’m a gaga stan then LOL.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I want her to happen too, though.

Lol I know sweets, I was just talking out loud and being arguably delusional 🙂

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.