Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 552 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
Ben Affleck Fan
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Unrelated, but Gal Gadot’s  Cleopatra movie is still happening, as Patty Jenkins moves to producer, and Kari Skogland signs on as the new director: https://deadline.com/2021/12/gal-gadots-cleopatra-paramount-falcon-and-the-winter-soldiers-kari-skogland-1234853027/

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

Kristen deserves all this wins today bless 🔥

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

Sooo so far only Gaga and Rachel have won relevant critic awards.

The other ones like Detroit, Atlanta, Washington etc are super irrelevant and are making zero noise.

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Sooo so far only Gaga and Rachel have won relevant critic awards. The other ones like Detroit, Atlanta, Washington etc are super irrelevant and are making zero noise.

Quite the opposite, in the past  Stewart won 2/3 of Trifecta NY/NSFC and was runner-up in LAFCA with Clouds of Sil Maria, yet was overlooked at the Oscars. It is  known fact, collecting the majority of regionals is the key to Oscars race. We have many more to see, but a NYFCC or NBR win alone is not saying something. Ofcourse, Gaga and Zegler have more things going for them than these awards, since their movies are connecting with the public.

Profile picture
    touchofmyfeet
    Topics:

1. Kidman

2. Steward

3. Colman

4. Gaga

5. Chastain

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Quite the opposite, in the past Stewart won 2/3 of Trifecta NY/NSFC and was runner-up in LAFCA with Clouds of Sil Maria, yet was overlooked at the Oscars. It is known fact, collecting the majority of regionals is the key to Oscar race. We have many more to see, but a NYFCC or NBR win alone is not saying something. Ofcourse, Gaga and Zegler have more things going for them than these awards, since their movies are connecting with the public.

Just noticed the audience consensus was added to Gucci’s RT page: “It can be slow going, but House of Gucci adds up to a fascinating story — and Lady Gaga’s performance is a knockout.”

Gaga connected with both the audience and the critics. Good for her! 👏

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.” 😭

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

I think both Gaga and Zegler can get nominated for an Oscar this year, they are looking to be in roles that have good public recognition.

Profile picture
    Radiogagahead
    Topics:

Current Predictions:
    Gaga
    Haim
    Kidman
    Stewart
    Zegler

-Stewart is the frontrunner. Kidman and Gaga are arguably the biggest names in contention, both with flashy roles (and at least Gaga has big box office success so far). My thinking right now is that Zegler and/or Haim will benefit from being new, exciting names in top Best Picture contenders.

-Seems like Colman could be fading and I expect a bit of McDormand fatigue, though it would be v silly to count both out. Chastain faces long odds as she is not the critical fav or in a big pic contender, also competing against several other big names.

-Could only see Hudson happening if she gets nods for nearly all of the televised award

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Sooo so far only Gaga and Rachel have won relevant critic awards. The other ones like Detroit, Atlanta, Washington etc are super irrelevant and are making zero noise.

lmao NBR is not relevant at all, stop.

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

lmao NBR is not relevant at all, stop.

NBR is relevant, most of the time means the recipient will get an Oscar nom, but again it is not some set in stone stat.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

-Seems like Colman could be fading and I expect a bit of McDormand fatigue, though it would be v silly to count both out.

No such thing as Colman fatigue. I suppose Colman will still have fatigue when her name is announced on Oscar nomination morning?

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

The meltdowns when Gaga’s name is not mentioned on nominations morning will be hilarious. Too bad I won’t even see it because I put all the delusional monsters on “ignore”.

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Not directly relevant, but Spencer and House of Gucci were listed as top2 movies of the year by variety.

https://variety.com/lists/2021-best-movies/owen-gleibermans-top-10-2/

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

The meltdowns when Gaga’s name is not mentioned on nominations morning will be hilarious. Too bad I won’t even see it because I put all the delusional monsters on “ignore”.

Your mindset is sad.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.