Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 535 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
Ben Affleck Fan
M
  • Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

You were trashing HoG’s score only to end up bragging about 71 on RT? And its MC score is firmly in the yellow. Have fun clinging onto a few positive reviews that praise Kidman because the consensus is mixed at best.

I said yesterday both films are mixed, a mixed movie can’t stop an Oscar nomination, but could be a trouble winning. I have Gaga in my top5 for now.

Profile picture
    Michaël Fisher
    Topics:

I feel like JLaw is going to stage a big comeback with her Theranos biopic, but they have to rush it because people are going to forget about this trial soon.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Variety and THR really gave dreadful reviews for Don’t Look Up. I was thinking Jennifer Lawrence would have a bit of a comeback with this film but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen this time. It’s also the first time in a while that DiCaprio has been in a film with such negative reviews, don’t think he’ll be getting an Oscar nom as many predicted..

Yeah I feel confident in saying that Lawrence’s chance of getting in is over. She’s not happening.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Critics consensus praise Kidman. RT score 71 % for Being The Ricardos

Some good notices mixed in with the mostly average or outright pans!

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Some people are really already throwing Nicole out of the race when she’s not the only actor in a film that got mixed reviews (Chastain, Gaga and Hudson).

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

I feel like JLaw is going to stage a big comeback with her Theranos biopic, but they have to rush it because people are going to forget about this trial soon.

Well she’s pregnant now so I don’t envision her filming that for another year. I think her career just peaked too early, you win an Oscar in your early 20s and there’s nowhere to go but down..

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Some good notices mixed in with the mostly average or outright pans!

Please, a 2/5 from populist Guardian is directly debunked by a 4/5 from UK Times, one of the most prestigious film critics columns.

There are enough praises out there.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Critics consensus praise Kidman.

RT score 71 % for Being The Ricardos

Whew! I’m getting vibes that the UK Times is a RAVE.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

You were trashing HoG’s score only to end up bragging about 71 on RT?

And its MC score is firmly in the yellow.

Have fun clinging onto a few positive reviews that praise Kidman because the consensus is mixed at best.

Wow the amount of prestigious publications giving Nicole praise! Wow!

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

from the Film Experience. A website/blog I’ve been following for years.

http://thefilmexperience.net/blog/2021/12/7/review-being-the-ricardos.html

Writer/director Aaron Sorkin is no stranger to historical drama and Being the Ricardos adds to the list. With a deft ensemble and a dynamite lead performance from Nicole Kidman, the film will be an enjoyable time for fans of I Love Lucy and Sorkin fans alike. Fair warning though: If Sorkin isn’t your cup of tea, this film can be hard to swallow.

Despite looking very little like anyone besides Nicole Kidman, the movie star dominates the film and embodies the ideal of who Lucille Ball was. Kidman has drawn distinct lines between Lucy the character, Lucille the performer, and Lucille the woman. She masters Sorkin’s dialogue with sharp wit and impeccable timing. You might never buy Kidman as Lucy, but it doesn’t really matter. One day, people will stop continually doubting Kidman’s always stellar gift.

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Most of the YouTube reviews I saw today for BTR praised Nicole Kidman’s performance including the few ones who didn’t really like the film. The main complaint for those who didn’t like it was Aaron Sorkin’s directing or the film itself being a bit dull.
    I fully expect Kidman to get a nomination especially if the film can maintain a high 60% or low 70% critics score.

Profile picture
    CarlosEdu
    Topics:

1. Kristen Stewart, Spencer 2. Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter 3. Lady Gaga, House of Gucci 4. Alana Haim, Licorice Pizza 5. Rachel Zegler, West Side Story 6. Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos 7. Penelope Cruz, Parallel Mothers 8. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth 9. Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye 10. Jennifer Hudson, Respect

The same. I’m keeping my eye in Penelope, never underestimate the Volpi Cup like some did with Vanessa Kirby and Willem Dafoe.

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Updated top5/top10

1. Kristen Stewart

2. Olivia Colman

3. Nicole Kidman

4. Lady Gaga

5. Rachel Zegler

———

6. Alana Haim

7. Jessica Chastain

8. Jennifer Hudson

9. Penelope Cruz

10. Tessa Thompson

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Most of the YouTube reviews I saw today for BTR praised Nicole Kidman’s performance including the few ones who didn’t really like the film. The main complaint for those who didn’t like it was Aaron Sorkin’s directing or the film itself being a bit dull.
    I fully expect Kidman to get a nomination especially if the film can maintain a high 60% or low 70% critics score.

Yup. That’s I think this film will be way more of “audience” film than a critics darling.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Look who attended the LA premiere of WSS

Renata-fucking-Klein. Icon.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)’ is closed to new replies.