Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 535 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
Ben Affleck Fan
M
  • Profile picture
    Actormogul
    Topics:

I think SAG voters will recognise Nicole and give her the SAG nom. Since the role was announced, Nicole got many attacks online and even when the trailer screened to the point she wanted to quit. I hope SAG supports her.

I think she totally has support from SAG members what I fear is her campaign. People like Gaga go hard and Chastain is not to be ignored. Haim and Ziegler are also campaigning very well. I think Kidman will get in I do but she needs to campaign!

Profile picture
    Michaël Fisher
    Topics:

Honestly, I preferred Gaga in ASIB to Gaga in HOG, but nominees are so lame this year that Gaga stands out with her top-notch performance.

They really did ASIB dirty in 2019. It was supposed to be the frontrunner.

Profile picture
    Actormogul
    Topics:

Honestly, I preferred Gaga in ASIB to Gaga in HOG, but nominees are so lame this year that Gaga stands out with her top-notch performance.

They really did ASIB dirty in 2019. It was supposed to be the frontrunner.

Fair assessment I will say though, the passion for her this year is really unparalleled. I think ASIB was done dirty to being the third remake of the film.

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

Joy raked in over $100 million, so I wouldn’t call it a flop per se. MC scores: Joy MC 56 Albert Nobbs 58 August: Osage County 58 It seems like BTR and HOG have some company, but HOG benefits from being a box office success.

Yeah, I edited my post to reflect that. Joy wasn’t really a flop (although it didnt’make much in comparison to its budget, I think it barely broke even). Albert Nobbs is the only real flop there, it made no money nor buzz (I’m still surprised Close made that nomination, despite her being terrific).

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

When was the last time two actresses with movies of a Metacritic score below 60 got in this category?

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

As we talk Best Actress 2022, here is a clip for the winners of the last 20 years(doesn’t include 2021)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

When was the last time two actresses with movies of a Metacritic score below 60 got in this category?

Meryl Streep (won) and Glenn Close.

(Correct me if I’m wrong)

Profile picture
    wgoran
    Topics:

They are out for Nicole and Halle neck i’m just gonna wait for the nominations. Nicole still can get in but I don’t know about halle but alt least halle is getting all her money from netflix and she’s still winning smaller awards.

halle finally having her long overdue career resurgence with the netflix deal be the real win tho. lmao but imagine if halle gets in and wins exactly twenty years after her historic win☠️

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

HoG getting some love from the African-American Film Critics Association

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Halle is really respected in the industry. I’m so happy to see that and her having a good time in all these events. No fake-ass gimmicks, just her in her glorious evolution.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

2012 Meryl Streep (won) and Glenn Close. (Correct me if I’m wrong)

Snubbed Dunst, Swinton, and Theron deserved. The best year of the century with all the performers.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

It’s kind of weird how certain critics/interviewers are so open about their favs. Like that Clayton guy is rooting for Tessa and I swear it’s because he hung out with her at a party

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

It’s kind of weird how certain critics/interviewers are so open about their favs. Like that Clayton guy is rooting for Tessa and I swear it’s because he hung out with her at a party

This is false, Tessa is an highly acclaimed movie and gave great performance, she deserves to be promoted.

Profile picture
    George Papakostas
    Topics:

1.Stewart
    2.Kidman
    3.Colman
    4.Chastain
    5.Berry ( I wish ) or Thompson

I am not buying a second oscar nomination for Hudson in Respect or Cruz in Parallel Mothers just because it is a foreign language performance directed by Almodovar. I consider both of them to be (easily) forgotten and /or overhyped, especially Cruz´s. Venice was more than enough. She is not offering a powerhouse performance and the film is simply ok.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)’ is closed to new replies.