Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 526 through 535 (of 535 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
The Northman
M
  • Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I don’t think people realize how much of a tank Being the Ricardos is. Its presented as a prestigious drama covering a topical subject matter riveting to Hollywood and Aaorn Sorkin scripts are still considered high-brow. Yet, Being the Ricardos has a Metacritic score below 60. Molly’s Game, Steve Jobs (2015), Trial of Chicago 7, and Moneyball all have scores above 70. So Sorkin really did something horrible here which is unsurprising considering how short post-production was.

Well in case we forget….at least we can always count on you to remind us.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

not really, people watching on twitter like it in general especially Kristen

Yea, but BTR is getting raves on Twitter as well….especially Kidman. So are we gonna go with Twitter now as the barometer? Because Spencer has a 51% Audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.

What’s good for the gander is good for the goose

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Since 2015, every Best Actress winner’s movie was part of AFI Top 10. With the exception of Renée, of course.

This year:

CODA
    DON’T LOOK UP
    DUNE
    KING RICHARD
    LICORICE PIZZA
    NIGHTMARE ALLEY
    THE POWER OF THE DOG
    tick, tick… BOOM!
    THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH
    WEST SIDE STORY

Do whatever y’all want with that.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Since 2015, every Best Actress winner’s movie was part of AFI Top 10. With the exception of Renée, of course. This year: CODA DON’T LOOK UP DUNE KING RICHARD LICORICE PIZZA NIGHTMARE ALLEY THE POWER OF THE DOG tick, tick… BOOM! THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH WEST SIDE STORY Do whatever y’all want with that.

This is in line with the 80% RT movie rule since 2013. For some reason, Best Actress needs a good film vehicle. I am kinda not sure how this season will play out.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

This is in line with the 80% Metacritic rule movie since 2013. For some reason, Best Actress needs a good film vehicle. I am kinda not sure how this season will play out.

And the ones who didn’t make it (like Renee, or Meryl and Julianne if we look before 2015) were because those actresses were overdue or real industry titans.

Is Kristen Stewart one of those?

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

And the ones who didn’t make it (like Renee, or Meryl and Julianne if we look before 2015) were because those actresses were overdue or real industry titans. Is Kristen Stewart one of those?

Good question, personally I think Rachel Zegler and Alana Haim cant be serious contenders for the win, despite their movies being included there and being acclaimed,  although their nominations chances remain high in this context. Interesting fact is that CODA, starring Emilia Jones is also in the list.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

This is in line with the 80% RT movie rule since 2013. For some reason, Best Actress needs a good film vehicle. I am kinda not sure how this season will play out.

The voters are going to do the exact opposite of what everyone thinks since this year is so dreadful. They’re going to go with the BA from the worst movie. Gaga wins!

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

The voters are going to do the exact opposite of what everyone thinks since this year is so dreadful. They’re going to go with the BA from the worst movie. Gaga wins!

With how the race is going, it’s not that far-fetched. I wouldn’t be mad either, although I’d like to see her refine her acting chops more.

Profile picture
    Actormogul
    Topics:

I agree with the fact that Parallel Mothers not being submitted to International Film is a drawback, but this exact situation happened before with Volver, and Cruz got the nod. Almodóvar got into Director and Screenplay (and won the latter) without Talk to Her as an International submission. Sure, that increased visibility would help, but he’s the kind of filmmaker and she’s the kind of big-name star where that hurdle is very easy to overcome.

The Volver comparison is very real. I would Love for Cruz to get in, for some reason I dont see it happening unless she gets nominations elsewhere and soon. I think she is losing a bit of steam.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Good question, personally I think Rachel Zegler and Alana Haim cant be serious contenders for the win, despite their movies being included there and being acclaimed, although their nominations chances remain high in this context. Interesting fact is that CODA, starring Emilia Jones is also in the list.

Maybe Kidman can sneak in and get her “comeback/overdue for another Oscar even if the movie was bad” narrative just like Renée and Meryl.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 10 posts - 526 through 535 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)’ is closed to new replies.