Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 535 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
Ben Affleck Fan
M
  • Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

I don’t see BAFTA touching anything House of Gucci.

Gaga can happen at BAFTA, If she was snubbed during ASIB like some people were wrongly predicting back in the day then the chances of Gaga happening at BAFTA would be low, but she was the first woman ever to win Best Music at BAFTA for ASIB and get nominated in acting, not to mention HOG is a box office smash there, her last jazz album debuted even higher than the US in UK.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Wow! And he said that Nicole was SPECTACULAR.

Nobody is saying that everyone hates it! Maybe it feels that way to you, but there are definitely praises for her performance. But there are also bad reviews–the existence of one doesn’t cancel out the other.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I know exactly how this is going to go upon BTR being released. The people here that never wanted her to get ahead of their faves will never admit Nicole was good in the role…. They will find some way to discredit her. They will say that so and so was better in the film…..and Nicole was miscast, etc…..all in an effort to boost their faves. You”ll see…

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

I would rather discuss the least relevant critics group on the planet than these ridiculous stan wars.

Helps that their lineup isn’t so obvious, too.

FYC:

Best Picture: C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (C'mon C'mon), Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick... Boom!)
    Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)
    Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs (Mass), Robin de Jesús (Tick, Tick... Boom!)

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I know exactly how this is going to go upon BTR being released. The people here that never wanted her to get ahead of their faves will never admit Nicole was good in the role…. They will find some way to discredit her. They will say that so and so was better in the film…..and Nicole was miscast, etc…..all in an effort to boost their faves. You”ll see…

I think we’re getting a little bit paranoid here.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

And they will disappear come nomination morning. It’s always like that.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Are the Colman doubters going to have the same doubts for Kidman in Being the Ricardo’s 55 Metacritic score? Face it. Colman is a bigger nomination lock than Kidman.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I would rather discuss the least relevant critics group on the planet than these ridiculous stan wars. Helps that their lineup isn’t so obvious, too.

People can say what they want but Detroit was such a trip on acid

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Nobody is saying that everyone hates it! Maybe it feels that way to you, but there are definitely praises for her performance. But there are also bad reviews–the existence of one doesn’t cancel out the other.

Listen I been in the game too long to not illuminate bs when I see it. People are literally hoping for bad reviews and any bad review that comes across they are running with that to cancel out Nicole…..while completely ignoring the fantastic reviews.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I would rather discuss the least relevant critics group on the planet than these ridiculous stan wars.

Helps that their lineup isn’t so obvious, too.

Down to start a new “critic” group and announce our nominations in 2 hours?

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I think we’re getting a little bit paranoid here.

Lol. Just watch it unfold. I been on these boards for a very long time. I’ve seen it happen year after year.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Both nicole and olivia are safe geez. Both performances are liked enough and in strong campaign from their studios, there’s not a lot to doubt here. Critical reception is just one promotional tool to sell a film and analyse its response to a certain extent, not a cumulative point system.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Rodrigo Moura
    Topics:

kidman is currently behind kristen olivia and gaga

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Kinda what people did to Gaga?

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

The most interesting/best lineup so far wbk

Definitely. 6th spot for Tessa

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 38)’ is closed to new replies.