Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 528 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Anthagiox
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 39.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

OMG already???

FYC -
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Lost Daughter, Mass
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Fran Kranz
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Corey Hawkins, Jason Isaacs
    Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Ferguson, Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd
    O. Screenplay: Spencer, Mass
    A. Screenplay: The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter
    Score: Jonny Greenwood (Dog/Spencer)

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

well it begins..

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Well damn. Anyway we’ll start the meltdowns early before the Critics Choice 3 hours later

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Come on BAFTA! Throw Tessa a nomination.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

I really don’t see the GGs as a player this year, I really doubt any of the nominees will even acknowledge them.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I really don’t see the GGs as a player this year, I really doubt any of the nominees will even acknowledge them.

I have a feeling they’ll matter anyway to a lesser degree. We’ll probably see some headlines about most nominated etc.. But stars/studios will def not acknowledge them.

Profile picture
    Rodrigo Moura
    Topics:

The Lucy in “Being the Ricardos” is scarcely interested in messy politics. Mainly she plays the role of the jealous, suspicious wife and harridan star who everyone really does love even if she’s a bitch. That shortchanges and flattens Ball, despite Kidman’s efforts. She and Bardem are both miscast, but Kidman is a particularly off fit for Ball, whose physical dexterity and ductile physiognomy, her rubber-band mouth and astonished eyes, are imprinted in our collective brain.

As if to compensate, Kidman and Sorkin have tried to re-create Ball’s signature looks with some unfortunate prosthetics and assorted other tweaks. Kidman’s cheeks have been widened and her brow altered but the net result is that she looks less like Ball and more like an uncanny valley Glenn Close.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt…eview.amp.html

Well

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

I did said earlier today that we will indeed hit part 39 very soon lol  Here we are….

Profile picture
    Actormogul
    Topics:

The fact that Gaga is still number 6 on overall odds is crazy to me.

Profile picture
    Amigo22w
    Topics:

Are they nominating without the actors and producers’ permission? Cause most of them haven’t submitted, right?

Profile picture
    Actormogul
    Topics:

Some people will never let go of their hopedictions and start intelligently predicting.

What’s more strange is the fact that she is number 3 in both SAG and CC w/ experts (last time I checked). So how could she miss the Oscars and make all of the precursors? I mean it’s possible, but not likely.

Someone on another Forum compared her to JLO and said she will get all of the precursors but miss the Oscar’s. I was like her performance is well reviewed and she also is a previous nominee. She doesn’t have the hurdle anymore. JLO should’ve been nominated for Hustlers and had she been a previous nominee she would’ve but despite HOG reviews Gaga is an Academy Award winner and a previous Acting nominee. So everyone needs to stop!

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The fact that Gaga is still number 6 on overall odds is crazy to me.

Yeah she’s being severely underestimated this year. But as a fan, it’s better that way. It’s always better to overperform rather than underperform.

Remember in 2019 when everyone was expecting her to win the Globe and then “Glenn Close!” her entire campaign collapsed right there.

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

The Lucy in “Being the Ricardos” is scarcely interested in messy politics. Mainly she plays the role of the jealous, suspicious wife and harridan star who everyone really does love even if she’s a bitch. That shortchanges and flattens Ball, despite Kidman’s efforts. She and Bardem are both miscast, but Kidman is a particularly off fit for Ball, whose physical dexterity and ductile physiognomy, her rubber-band mouth and astonished eyes, are imprinted in our collective brain. As if to compensate, Kidman and Sorkin have tried to re-create Ball’s signature looks with some unfortunate prosthetics and assorted other tweaks. Kidman’s cheeks have been widened and her brow altered but the net result is that she looks less like Ball and more like an uncanny valley Glenn Close. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt…eview.amp.html Well

The reviews being negative got it wrong, as explained already, they didn’t want to make a carbon copy appearance wise. This review gets it right:

This film’s cast is its best asset, with an incredible ensemble that emphasizes its least theoretically significant contributors. Shawkat and Lacy brilliantly enhance roles that could have been forgettable, and Arianda and Simmons are excellent both together and apart, with other performers like Tony Hale, Linda Lavin, Christopher Denham, Nelson Franklin, and Clark Gregg standing out in parts of varying size. Bardem is smooth and capable of mimicking Desi’s charm, and the real star of this film is Kidman. Though she bears questionably little resemblance to the person she plays, her physicality is remarkable and proves to be one of the film’s most enduring components. This is not a definitive portrait of Lucy’s entire life but a fascinating and immensely watchable excerpt that shines a new light on her personality and her public persona.

Film Review – ‘Being the Ricardos’ Offers a Peak Behind the Curtain of ‘I Love Lucy’

FYC Oscars 2022

Best Supporting Actor: Ben Affleck

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 528 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)’ is closed to new replies.