Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 527 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Anthagiox
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Andra Day just got in with a film that had worse reviews than House of Gucci. Gaga is still in. Sorry, deal with it.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    orange juice
    Topics:

Just saw Spencer and Kristen was brilliant

Profile picture
    paddylastinc
    Topics:

I don’t get the reservations of some about Gaga’s chances to be nominated. She carried Gucci by herself (which also happens to be one of the year’s biggest movies and most talked about). She’s campaigning practically everywhere and getting nominations (and will defo get more) in the regional circuit. I’m not her biggest fan, but c’mon now…

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

This is such a flawed argument. If they wanted to nominate celebrities, they would have nominated Jennifer Lopez for Best Supporting Actress in 2020 🤣. They are not that desperate. This is not the VMAs 🤣

Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez are not in the same caliber when it comes to the Oscars. Gaga is a three time, one time Oscar winner already.

I know some of y’all love making up random rules and exceptions when it comes to Gaga, but let’s be real. In no other reality would any of you being calling the person who won NYFCC “out” no matter the circumstance. Apparently winning an award from an irrelevant critics circle comprised of ten people means you’re in, but winning an award from one of the most prestigious critics circles means nothing.

Box Office numbers absolutely do matter in the COVID world. How much do they matter, I’m not sure, but COVID has shaken everything up, including the entertainment industry.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Gaga, Kristen and Olivia are lock for nominations. That much is clear. Let’s stop the debate and figure out who will take the next two slots.

FYC:

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez are not in the same caliber when it comes to the Oscars. Gaga is a three time, one time Oscar winner already. I know some of y’all love making up random rules and exceptions when it comes to Gaga, but let’s be real. In no other reality would any of you being calling the person who won NYFCC “out” no matter the circumstance. Apparently winning an award from an irrelevant critics circle comprised of ten people means you’re in, but winning an award from one of the most prestigious critics circles means nothing. Box Office numbers absolutely do matter in the COVID world. How much do they matter, I’m not sure, but COVID has shaken everything up, including the entertainment industry.

They weren’t directly comparing Gaga and JLo. They were responding to a user saying Gaga will be there because the Oscars want to invite some famous people. If they wanted to invite famous people then JLo would have gotten in.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Gaga, Kristen and Olivia are lock for nominations. That much is clear. Let’s stop the debate and figure out who will take the next two slots.

I don’t know about Olivia just yet. I feel like she is losing steam. But right now the closest contender to a lock after Stewart is Gaga.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

at the end of the day RT/MC scores are usually more heavily tied to the critics circle, when it comes to the industry, it can completely shift around base on their own personal take of the film and actors in it

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

I don’t get the reservations of some about Gaga’s chances to be nominated. She carried Gucci by herself (which also happens to be one of the year’s biggest movies and most talked about). She’s campaigning practically everywhere and getting nominations (and will defo get more) in the regional circuit. I’m not her biggest fan, but c’mon now…

Agreed. We’re obviously at a stage where the race is still fluid, but Gaga is one of the closest things to a lock at the moment. Having her out of the top 5 is either delusion or an attempt at manifestation.

Profile picture
    Judestar
    Topics:

The race has pretty much cleared up, Kidman was the only real challenger left for Stewart but her film is flopping. I guess Colman is number 2 now?

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I don’t know about Olivia just yet. I feel like she is losing steam. But right now the closest contender to a lock after Stewart is Gaga.

Olivia is Netflix priority. They really don’t have anyone stronger. I get that Berry’s movie is a hit but that doesn’t always prop the lead to awards. So we’ll see.

That said, while Gaga looks strong, she also has internal competition from Alana Haim who is on the rise, and Jennifer Hudson who’s campaigning hard. While I think that Zegler is more likely for ingenue spot than Haim, Licorice Pizza is definitely MGM’s Picture, Director priority so Haim will get considerable push.

Profile picture
    Judestar
    Topics:

Gaga could miss, it’s totally possible in a year this competitive. You have Kristen and Colman who are pretty much guaranteed, Haim and Zegler who are gonna have visibility in strong Best Picture contenders, as well as Chastain and and Kidman playing baity as fuck roles, with Kidman’s film coming out very late in the year.

Profile picture
    Ivan Ranjit
    Topics:

If anything I feel Gaga is slowly gaining momentum as every day passes. This is the reverse of ASIB. It only takes one mainstream award win for her to overtake Kristen as the front runner. The actress that played a hand in the biggest box office drama hit in 2 years will count for something.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Gaga could miss, it’s totally possible in a year this competitive. You have Kristen and Colman who are pretty much guaranteed, Haim and Zegler who are gonna have visibility in strong Best Picture contenders, as well as Chastain and and Kidman playing baity as fuck roles, with Kidman’s film coming out very late in the year.

She’s not getting in over Gaga unless a miracle occurs.

FYC:

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

If anything I feel Gaga is slowly gaining momentum as every day passes. This is the reverse of ASIB. It only takes one mainstream award win for her to overtake Kristen as the front runner. The actress that played a hand in the biggest box office drama hit in 2 years will count for something.

I suspect this will change once Gaga fails to win any (or many) of the regionals in favour of Stewart or even Colman. Unless Gaga does better than expected with regionals or wins another of the trifecta then her next chance to snatch momentum will be a GG win. Which is doubtful and also completely irrelevant this year. No one will pay attention to the globes.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)’ is closed to new replies.