Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 527 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Anthagiox
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Her transparent Gaga stanning and attempts to undermine the frontrunner in her favour is genuinely embarrassing. Is she paid for this? She shouldn’t be. It is worse than Sasha.

Lmao, she’s literally one person with little to no impact on anything. She’s very transparent with how much she likes Gaga and she’s not trying to undermine anything. She’s not out here writing hit pieces or moving goal posts to fit her narrative. Comparing her to someone as unprofessional as Sasha Stone is illogical.

Also, maybe she just really likes Gaga’s performance.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Eh I don’t think Chastain is as done as people say, which nominations has she missed so far? She’s been getting in almost everywhere. People don’t seem to care that her movie was mediocre, since the performance was so baity.

Well we’ve had VERY few awards so far and she missed a nomination for WAFCA which is a big deal (they are one of the largest critic groups).

Profile picture
    Judestar
    Topics:

People are getting insane about Gaga. She’s getting in. She’s won and been nominated for multiple critic awards already. She has received raves from critics and audience alike. She is also the most buzzed about Best Actress contender to general audiences because she is the most known and House of Gucci had an immense amount of buzz. In addition, it has it’s box office success. There really isn’t much going against Gaga besides the movies own mediocre reviews, but seeing as many other contenders have similar mediocre reviews I don’t really thing that is going to hurt her. Gaga, Stewart, Colman are largely in. Probably Kidman is too but after the reviews I think if audiences don’t decently take to the film then I think she is at risk of being left off. Like if the film is released and it sort of has little buzz then that would worry me, but I’m not expecting that. Then one of either Haim or Ziegler depending on which film is stronger in Best Picture. I think this is a place where we can see what could be winning Best Picture.

I haven’t seen House of Gucci but it doesn’t seem like the type of movie the academy would eat up without a positive reception, sure the movie being popular helps it but I don’t think it makes Gaga this slam dunk guarantee like people are saying. Kidman is playing a beloved icon, Haim and Zegler are in MUCH stronger BP movies and also have acclaimed performances. We just can’t really call anyone a lock besides Stewart and Colman until more precursors

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Lmao, she’s literally one person with little to no impact on anything. She’s very transparent with how much she likes Gaga and she’s not trying to undermine anything. She’s not out here writing hit pieces or moving goal posts to fit her narrative. Comparing her to someone as unprofessional as Sasha Stone is illogical. Also, maybe she just really likes Gaga’s performance.

She’s an on the record little monster. It’s pretty clear why her predictions are what they are. That’s OK, no judgement for people doing that generally. I just object to paid professionals lowering themselves to Sasha Stone level hopedicting. It’s unbecoming.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I haven’t seen House of Gucci but it doesn’t seem like the type of movie the academy would eat up without a positive reception, sure the movie being popular helps it but I don’t think it makes Gaga this slam dunk guarantee like people are saying. Kidman is playing a beloved icon, Haim and Zegler are in MUCH stronger BP movies and also have acclaimed performances. We just can’t really call anyone a lock besides Stewart and Colman until more precursors

Eh, I mean it has Academy Award Winners/Nominees, and is a drama film about the fashion industry. It might not be a Best Picture contender, but it is definitely up their alley in some ways.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Could you link this article? Cause there’s only hot tea in this section.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/12/awards-insider-oscar-best-actress-category-rundown/amp

Profile picture
    Instant
    Topics:

I know KStew stans are not whining about Jazz (who is the most harmless pundit out there) rooting more for Gaga, when there are Scott Mentzel, Erick Weber, Matt Neglia, Will Mavity, Oscar Expert twink brothers (all of them push KStew HARD) etc. and their minions from blogs who no one reads first trying to form the narrative around HOG being such a shit that Gaga wouldn’t happen and then FUMING and CRYING like losers claiming that the only reason Gaga won NYFCC is because NYFCC members wanted a huge celebrity at their ceremony in January.

The lack of self-awareness

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

She’s an on the record little monster. It’s pretty clear why her predictions are what they are. That’s OK, no judgement for people doing that generally. I just object to paid professionals lowering themselves to Sasha Stone level hopedicting. It’s unbecoming.

Right, but what I’m saying is that the difference between her and Sasha is that Sasha is malicious and goes after the contenders she doesn’t like while Jazz stays in her own little Gaga fan lane and just predicts what she hopes will happen. A big difference, imo.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

I know KStew stans are not whining about Joyce Eng (who is the most harmless pundit out there) rooting more for Gaga, when there are Scott Mentzel, Erick Weber, Matt Neglia, Will Mavity, Oscar Expert twink brothers etc. and their minions from blogs who no one reads first trying to form the narrative around HOG being such a shit that Gaga wouldn’t happen and then FUMING and CRYING like losers claiming that the only reason Gaga won NYFCC is because NYFCC members wanted a huge celebrity at their ceremony in January. The lack of self-awareness

Aren’t you tired of spending everyday hating on Kristen Stewart? Every post you make is about her, girl just calm down and deal with the fact that she gave an outstanding performance.

Profile picture
    Instant
    Topics:

Aren’t you tired of spending everyday hating on Kristen Stewart? Every post you make is about her, girl just calm down and deal with the fact that she gave an outstanding performance.

I couldn’t care less about ColdStew and her performance of Duchess Camila with a twitching head.

Generally, in awards races I prefer to root FOR someone instead of rooting AGAINST someone. Doesn’t mean that I can’t call out stans of an actress whose frontrunner status is slipping away as fast as Dispenser from theaters all around the world

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I know KStew stans are not whining about Jazz (who is the most harmless pundit out there) rooting more for Gaga, when there are Scott Mentzel, Erick Weber, Matt Neglia, Will Mavity, Oscar Expert twink brothers (all of them push KStew HARD) etc. and their minions from blogs who no one reads first trying to form the narrative around HOG being such a shit that Gaga wouldn’t happen and then FUMING and CRYING like losers claiming that the only reason Gaga won NYFCC is because NYFCC members wanted a huge celebrity at their ceremony in January.

The lack of self-awareness

Um no, Will Mavity is not rooting against Gaga. She’s never left his top 5 even when Matt delusionally dropped her from his top 10. I think he’s been fair overall. He teases Gaga fans sometimes but his predictions about Gaga are not biased.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

I couldn’t care less about ColdStew and her performance of Duchess Camila with a twitching head. Generally, in awards races I prefer to root FOR someone instead of rooting AGAINST someone. Doesn’t mean that I can’t call out stans of an actress whose frontrunner status is slipping away as fast as Dispenser from theaters all around the world

Girl you mad and I’m not, Imma hit you with the whip of indifference, SILENCE will be what rings out after your rant.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

PSA: Please make use of the ignore button. Honestly I can’t speak for everyone, but I’m really tired of seeing this thread turn into petty arguments between Gaga and KStew fans. If someone comes for you just add them to the ignore list. But this back and forth is exhausting.

Profile picture
    Judestar
    Topics:

These stan wars are tiring, tearing down genuinely great performances in favour of boosting your fav, it’s especially tiring when this stan favourite has no chance of winning.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

And Mareng Jazz Tangcay excluding Kristen is a—nvm

Any filipino here 🤣

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)’ is closed to new replies.