Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 527 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Anthagiox
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Jules
    Topics:

“I’m not mad!”, as they proceed to come up with seven different ways to insult her and her performance.

This thread is one grade away from turning into a PopCrave twitter comment section, and you can easily identify who brings that toxic aspect of stan culture here.

Profile picture
    Grunge
    Topics:

Ok. I was in the power of the dog thread and then I saw this guy link to this page to show us *wink* how bad some of the anti tpotd posts are here. Can’t really see any and I am not digging through this thread to find them. 0/10 false advertising.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

These stan wars are tiring, tearing down genuinely great performances in favour of boosting your fav, it’s especially tiring when this stan favourite has no chance of winning.

Didn’t you just say you hadn’t seen House of Gucci? Who are you to say Gaga has no chance? It seems like a lot of people already made up their minds about certain actresses before the season even got going.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Jules
    Topics:

Ok. I was in the power of the dog thread and then I saw this guy link to this page to show us *wink* how bad some of the anti tpotd posts are here. Can’t really see any and I am not digging through this thread to find them. 0/10 false advertising.

There must be some sort of confusion on their part. TPOTD is irrelevant to the Best Actress discussion.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

If anything you have defended Bruised with sound arguments and have recognized its limitations awards-wise yourself… unlike some who desperately cling to actresses who won’t win the Oscar because they think fandom=wins

tbh halle is a long shot but i love that she’s still getting her money from netflix so she can produce and star in better film . bruised wasted her talent with its weak script at least she’s still winning smaller awards . i’m not delusional and  i love how nicole, penelope ,olivia and stewart  getting in. thanks for the love hun.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

This thread lord

Profile picture
    Instant
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Judestar
    Topics:

Didn’t you just say you hadn’t seen House of Gucci? Who are you to say Gaga has no chance? It seems like a lot of people already made up their minds about certain actresses before the season even got going.

I’m going off of word of mouth + the movie’s oscar potential as a whole, it’s enough to make an educated guess. I could watch the movie and end up adoring her performance, sure, but my opinion doesn’t mean anything when it comes to what voters are gonna prefer.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

These stan wars are tiring, tearing down genuinely great performances in favour of boosting your fav, it’s especially tiring when this stan favourite has no chance of winning.

I mean, this is exactly why Gaga stans will keep being Gaga stans. How are you going to condemn tearing down people in order to boost others and then turn around and tear someone down? Get it together. The stan shit has to stop, but so do people outright ignoring Gaga. It’s one thing to not like her performance, it’s another to pretend like she doesn’t exist in this race. The professionalism and maturity has to go both ways.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:
    Instant
    Topics:

I mean, this is exactly why Gaga stans will keep being Gaga stans. How are you going to condemn tearing down people in order to boost others and then turn around and tear someone down? Get it together. The stan shit has to stop, but so do people outright ignoring Gaga. It’s one thing to not like her performance, it’s another to pretend like she doesn’t exist in this race. The professionalism and maturity has to go both ways.

Get them. ColdStew stans keep acting like harmless lambs who spent years putting a lace curtain on their heads twirling and pretending to be Bella marrying Edward unlike vile Gaga stans from PopCrave and yet that’s not what they showcase here

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

“Belfast” will receive the vanguard award, with the trophy set to be presented to writer and director Kenneth Branagh and cast members Caitríona Balfe, Jamie Dornan, Ciarán Hinds and Jude Hill. Other honorees include Jane Campion for director of the year, Jessica Chastain and Andrew Garfield for the desert palm achievement award, Penélope Cruz for the international star award, Kristen Stewart for the actress spotlight award and “King Richard” for the ensemble performance award.

They really said…

Profile picture
    Jules
    Topics:

To be fair, there is a stark difference between thinking someone won’t win and going on a tirade of insults about someone else whose only fault is that they’ve been put in a frontrunner position.

Profile picture
    Judestar
    Topics:

Saying she has no chance of winning ≠ trashing her performance

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)’ is closed to new replies.