Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 527 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Anthagiox
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Actormogul
    Topics:

Yeah she’s being severely underestimated this year. But as a fan, it’s better that way. It’s always better to overperform rather than underperform.

Remember in 2019 when everyone was expecting her to win the Globe and then “Glenn Close!” her entire campaign collapsed right there.

Very true, but it’s so interesting to me how people are like severely underestimating her! Some don’t even have her in the top 8!

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Golden Globe predictions. I really think there’s going to be an emphasis on diversity:

Drama:
    1. Kristen Stewart (winner)
    2. Lady Gaga
    3. Olivia Colman
    4. Jennifer Hudson
    5. Tessa Thompson

Comedy:
    1. Rachel Zegler (winner)
    2. Jessica Chastain
    3. Alana Haim
    ???? I don’t fucking know this category is gonna be a joke

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman is SWEEPING the floor

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

So raves for Kidman. and Halle got raves in this too!

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

The Lucy in “Being the Ricardos” is scarcely interested in messy politics. Mainly she plays the role of the jealous, suspicious wife and harridan star who everyone really does love even if she’s a bitch. That shortchanges and flattens Ball, despite Kidman’s efforts. She and Bardem are both miscast, but Kidman is a particularly off fit for Ball, whose physical dexterity and ductile physiognomy, her rubber-band mouth and astonished eyes, are imprinted in our collective brain.

As if to compensate, Kidman and Sorkin have tried to re-create Ball’s signature looks with some unfortunate prosthetics and assorted other tweaks. Kidman’s cheeks have been widened and her brow altered but the net result is that she looks less like Ball and more like an uncanny valley Glenn Close.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt…eview.amp.html

Well

This is my problem with some of these reviewers. They can’t seem to separate Lucille Ball from Lucy Ricardo……they think she was one in the same….thus making a lot of these reviews nonsense. These people have no idea who Lucille Ball was if they think “physical dexterity and ductile physiognomy, her rubber-band mouth and astonished eyes, are imprinted in our collective brain” was who she was in real life. SHE IS PLAYING LUCILLE BALL WHO WAS NOTHING LIKE LUCY RICARDO IN REAL LIFE.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

So raves for Kidman. and Halle got raves in this too!

Both said Nicole is a spoiler for the win and both liked the movie.

Next stop, the Golden Globes.

Profile picture
    Montage70
    Topics:

Gaga should be out of conversation at this stage!

The fact that Gaga is still number 6 on overall odds is crazy to me.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Both said Nicole is a spoiler for the win and both liked the movie.

Next stop, the Golden Globes.

whew
    d

Profile picture
    Montage70
    Topics:

Gaga OUT
    Kidman IN

Golden Globe predictions. I really think there’s going to be an emphasis on diversity:

Drama:
    1. Kristen Stewart (winner)
    2. Lady Gaga
    3. Olivia Colman
    4. Jennifer Hudson
    5. Tessa Thompson

Comedy:
    1. Rachel Zegler (winner)
    2. Jessica Chastain
    3. Alana Haim
    ???? I don’t fucking know this category is gonna be a joke

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

VF: Who’s Out Front in the Star-Studded Best Actress Race?

Kristen Stewart was an early front-runner, but Lady Gaga, Nicole Kidman, and others are complicating matters. Here’s who is rising.

Kristen Stewart, Nicole Kidman, and Lady Gaga—not to mention Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Hudson—all have one factor in common: Love for their performances far outweighs love for their films. Oscar can certainly lean that way in this category, but winners often come from bigger overall players. This leads me to someone who has emerged, I think, in that latter category: Rachel Zegler. If the young breakout were great in an otherwise middling West Side Story remake, she wouldn’t be in the conversation. But that she’s so good in a movie that’s so (surprisingly?) good means we’ve got a serious threat on our hands, right? If this movie is in the best-picture space, surely its leading lady is right there with it?

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    lulina
    Topics:

Very true, but it’s so interesting to me how people are like severely underestimating her! Some don’t even have her in the top 8!

you’re overreacting, I see Gaga in every prediction here, Twitter, Reddit, even in my soup, she’s not underestimated.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

VF: Who’s Out Front in the Star-Studded Best Actress Race? Kristen Stewart was an early front-runner, but Lady Gaga, Nicole Kidman, and others are complicating matters. Here’s who is rising

Interesting point for Penelope Cruz campaign approach:

In a career best turn, she owns every frame of the late-December release Parallel Mothers, whose director, Pedro Almodóvar, is pretty good about getting his actors nominations. (Just ask Pain and Glory’s Antonio Banderas.) The same can be said for the film’s distributor, Sony Pictures Classics, which takes a kind of silent-assassin approach to campaigning: You never see them coming, but they know exactly what they’re doing. (To everyone who was surprised about The Fatherwinding up as one of last season’s biggest players, those inside the company weren’t.) The crowding of the category is the main thing working against Cruz, and honestly, that may be enough of a hindrance, since the film is smaller, and she’s not, well, Olivia Colman. But I suspect she’s more in the thick of things than perceptions would indicate right now.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)’ is closed to new replies.