Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 527 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Anthagiox
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Lol right! I can understand maybe having her at like 6-7 rn, but 11? Also I just will be shocked if Jessica misses. I mean I wasn’t too impressed by her performance until the last 20 minutes of the film, but her role just seems too bait-y to miss.

She’s 7-8 maximum for me (depending on how you feel about Cruz). I think she might get in at SAG and miss the Oscar nomination.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

So far, haven’t counted honorary awards and awards where not all contenders could compete:

Kristen Stewart: WAFCA, AFCC, Satellite, DFCS, HCA, AWFJ (2 wins 6 noms)
    Lady Gaga: NYFCC, WAFCA, Satellite, HCA, AWFJ (1 win, 5 noms)
    Olivia Colman: Satellite, WAFCA, AWFJ (3 noms)
    Nicole Kidman: Satellite, WAFCA, DFCS, HCA (4 noms)
    Jessica Chastain: DFCS, Satellite,  AWFJ, HCA ( 1 win, 4 noms)
    Alana Haim: AFCC, Satellite, DFCS (1 win, 3 noms)
    Rachel Zegler:  NBR (1 win)
    Tessa Thompson: WAFCA, AWFJ (2 noms)
    Penelope Cruz:  Satellite (1 nom)
    Jennifer Hudson: Satellite, DFCS (2 noms)

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

So far, haven’t counted honorary awards and awards where not all contenders could compete: Kristen Stewart: WAFCA, AFCC, Satellite, DFCS, HCA, AWFJ (2 wins 6 noms) Lady Gaga: NYFCC, WAFCA, Satellite, HCA, AWFJ (1 win, 5 noms) Olivia Colman: Satellite, WAFCA, AWFJ (3 noms) Nicole Kidman: Satellite, WAFCA, DFCS, HCA (4 noms) Jessica Chastain: DFCS, Satellite, AWFJ, HCA ( 1 win, 4 noms) Alana Haim: AFCC, Satellite, DFCS (1 win, 3 noms) Rachel Zegler: NBR (1 win) Tessa Thompson: WAFCA, AWFJ (2 noms) Penelope Cruz: Satellite (1 nom) Jennifer Hudson: Satellite, DFCS (2 noms)

A small note, Alana, Rachel and Emilia are recognised in many in breakthrough or youth categories also. For example Zegler has made the list of AWFJ and WAFCA, but not in lead actress.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

A small note, Alana, Rachel and Emilia are recognised in many in breakthrough or youth categories also. For example Zegler has made the list of AWFJ and WAFCA, but not in lead actress.

Yes, but as I said I only counted categories where all contenders could compete to make sure it’s an accurate assessment of how these contenders would fare against each other in the Oscar’s Best Actress race.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Lol right! I can understand maybe having her at like 6-7 rn, but 11? Also I just will be shocked if Jessica misses. I mean I wasn’t too impressed by her performance until the last 20 minutes of the film, but her role just seems too bait-y to miss.

When her crazy ass Tammy Faye was singing GLORY GLORY HALLELUUUUUUUJAH, thats when i was like: 🤯🤯🤯, her expressions and mannerisms! She killed it

Profile picture
    SaulAtreides
    Topics:

Yes, but as I said I only counted categories where all contenders could compete to make sure it’s an accurate assessment of how these contenders would fare against each other in the Oscar’s Best Actress race.

That’s great, I have the same philosophy when counting noms/wins.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

The only times when Best Actress lineup didn’t have anyone from AFI winners were 2005 and 2014 which none of the 2014 winners had female leads. This makes Emilia Jones, Alana Haim and Frances McDormand strong contenders.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

McDormand is strengthening her position by the day. I have her in 6th after Zegler.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

tessa

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Seems like the reasons to keep Chastain out of the running are making less sense. The advantage of Tammy Faye coming out earlier is that when the late arrivals underdelivered, it makes her performance look stronger.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Michael Musto (one of my three longtime bellwethers) currently has Cruz leading the category, followed by Colman, Stewart, Chastain and Kidman.

In a jammed category that’s shaping up to be one decided by thin margins in the voting, Musto’s outcome is as likely as any – though he simultaneously is not forecasting Parallel Mothers to appear in any other category, which seems implausible.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

Alliance of Women Film Journalists Awards Best Actress: Jessica Chastain – “The Eyes Of Tammy Faye” Olivia Colman – “The Lost Daughter” Lady Gaga – “House Of Gucci” Kristen Stewart – “Spencer” Tessa Thompson – “Passing” https://variety.com/2021/awards/awards/power-of-the-dog-alliance-of-women-film-journalists-nominations-1235130691/

Would love this as the final lineup, honestly.

Profile picture
    QueenSansa
    Topics:

Michael Musto (one of my three longtime bellwethers) currently has Cruz leading the category, followed by Colman, Stewart, Chastain and Kidman. In a jammed category that’s shaping up to be one decided by thin margins in the voting, Musto’s outcome is as likely as any – though he simultaneously is not forecasting Parallel Mothers to appear in any other category, which seems implausible.

Cruz isn’t winning lol.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Michael Musto (one of my three longtime bellwethers) currently has Cruz leading the category, followed by Colman, Stewart, Chastain and Kidman. In a jammed category that’s shaping up to be one decided by thin margins in the voting, Musto’s outcome is as likely as any – though he simultaneously is not forecasting Parallel Mothers to appear in any other category, which seems implausible.

It worked for Marion Cotillard. I don’t see Cruz leading the category but in this field her chances aren’t bad to get in. She has a name and seemingly some supporters.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)’ is closed to new replies.