Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 527 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Anthagiox
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

The Power of Dog got half the viewership of Bruised in the first week… and it’s supposed to be a Top award contender… no wonder Netflix signed that deal with Berry, she got millions to watch her indie film. Viewership is important to Netflix. A film might be No1. But the numbers can be abysmal. This is another text book example that film experience is subjective and critics doesn’t always have the same taste as the general public. The case with Bruised ,Being with the ricardos and the eyes of tammy faye and house of gucci.

TPOTD doesn’t need to get #1 Netflix viewers if they’re getting best director/best picture/acting wins and letting the company compete with the studios for awards.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

The Power of Dog got half the viewership of Bruised in the first week… and it’s supposed to be a Top award contender… no wonder Netflix signed that deal with Berry, she got millions to watch her indie film. Viewership is important to Netflix. A film might be No1. But the numbers can be abysmal. This is another text book example that film experience is subjective and critics doesn’t always have the same taste as the general public. The case with Bruised ,Being with the ricardos and the eyes of tammy faye and house of gucci.

I think this year proved that critics can move the needle, but they shouldn’t be the whole conversation.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

TPOTD doesn’t need to get #1 Netflix viewers if they’re getting best director/best picture/acting wins and letting the company compete with the studios for awards.

TPOTD is not going to resonate with voters the way you think it will. Plus the toxic masculinity discussion has already happened, and Moonlight was a Best Picture winner recently that dealt with this subject matter.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Power of the dog is getting best picture wins???

The people expecting The Power of the Dog to have a Silence of the Lambs type sweep are in for a major disappointment.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I can’t believe people are still, STILL predicting Chastain in their top 3. It feels like we’re still in September.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

Y’all…TPOTD could win 10 Oscars and it would have next to 0 relevancy in the best actress race unless some random miracle shocker of Dunst getting a lead nomination which I’m sure Netflix and Dunst are not losing sleep over the announcement for this category.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Im not saying the power of the dog isn’t winning. My point is the disparity between pundits and the general audience.  Those actresses with lukewarm reception will get in because of their visibility and they are the once carrying their movies with weak storyline.

Critics groups are 10-50 snotty film critics voting, they are not representative of how the major orgs think, SAG (2100 voters), Bafta (6500 voters), Oscar (10,000 voters)

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Trying so hard to make it look like Ricardos isn’t a flop. If tagging it alongside Gucci makes you feel better, so be it.

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

The Eyes of Tammy Faye should’ve skipped the festivals and just released around Christmas as a late breaker. It probably would’ve done better at the box office and Chastain would be better positioned. Releasing the movie so early was a huge mistake, and Respect is probably a shutout as well because of this.

It would have been worst for her, the movie would have been gone unnoticed even more in the middle of other Xmas releases, and as a late breaker (especially this late) you have to be super strong with a strong movie, sometimes being at the beginning is better because your name remains in conversation for awhile like in her case, maybe with a Netflix release.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Again, I’m frustrated by this idea that there will be some mass grassroots campaign for The People’s Movies. There is no movie that will have that kind of support—MAYBE Gucci.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

The Power of Dog got half the viewership of Bruised in the first week… and it’s supposed to be a Top award contender… no wonder Netflix signed that deal with Berry, she got millions to watch her indie film.

Viewership is important to Netflix. A film might be No1. But the numbers can be abysmal. This is another text book example that film experience is subjective and critics doesn’t always have the same taste as the general public.

The case with Bruised ,Being with the ricardos and the eyes of tammy faye and house of gucci.

periodt.

d

Profile picture
    Michaël Fisher
    Topics:

It seems like Gaga is out. There is no way she’s going to be nominated with a rotten tomato. The only rotten movies that have been nominated in the BA actress category over the past 20 years had Glenn Close and Meryl Streep.

She might sneak in if the score remains above 60, but it’s teetering on the cusp of turning rotten now.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Gaga is not out.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Trying so hard to make it look like Ricardos isn’t a flop. If tagging it alongside Gucci makes you feel better, so be it.

I don’t need your validation. I’m saying it in general. i even included bruised and being with ricardos you can’t deny that the house of gucci isn’t a masterpiece. Get over it.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 39)’ is closed to new replies.