Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 488 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
boredandricho..

• wolfali
    Topics:

It certainly is but OOF oof flashback to her winning (for god only knows what reason) for The Aviator and then she does Notes on a Scandal and I’m Not There right after yeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, I mean ooooooof, the Oscars’ history of giving the great actors their wins for the wrong performances is so, so grating to me.

Notes on a Scandal was better than each of the picture nominees that year and should absolutely have won actress, s. actress and adapted screenplay (still can’t begrudge Mirren’s win too much).

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

kaziz
    Topics:

Notes on a Scandal was better than each of the picture nominees that year and should absolutely have won actress, s. actress and adapted screenplay (still can’t begrudge Mirren’s win too much).

Tough tie there in Lead for me between Cruz, Dench & Winslet who were all fantabulous. I begrudge Mirren’s win only because the royalty wins really piss me off lol, not because Mirren isn’t wonderful in general. Just not my kind of film. I’m with you on Notes on a Scandal being better than every BP nominee, except Babel imo. Have a hard time choosing between them.

But Blanchett should’ve won. I get why Hudson won, she was great, but c’mooooooooon that performance is to die for.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Gong Gong
    Topics:

Agree about Dench, she nailed it in her narration!

FYC:

James Hong, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

Cate also has the project with Todd Field coming up. I’m really excited for that.

Barbra Please
    Topics:

Dench, Winslet and Streep were win-worthy performances. It’s seems like a very strong year for best actress (havent seen The Queen and Volver yet)

annieholl
    Topics:

Dench, Winslet and Streep were win-worthy performances. It’s seems like a very strong year for best actress (havent seen The Queen and Volver yet)

Streep wasn’t the real lead of Devil Wears Prada, so I don’t think she was win-worthy that year. Otherwise, very strong year.

annieholl
    Topics:

lady gaga will be out of the race before christmas

Stans and Oscar “experts” (a.k.a. the pundits & narrative-makers not critics) are keeping Gaga afloat but she won’t happen. She won’t win critics awards & once the film is reviewed it’s over. It’s a ghastly trailer made solely to nip concerns of her acting in the bud as early as possible.

Labyrinth
    Topics:

If anyone here has read The Lost Daughter , how good is Olivia Colman’s role?

JakeT
    Topics:

It’s a compelling role. I’m not sure how well the book will translate into a movie as a whole, but the role is absolutely there. It’s a short read, worth it if you can.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

kaziz
    Topics:

I have and it’s excellent. The whole book is about her dealing with her past while going on a huge journey—it’s very internal which Colman can do excellently but it also has plenty of actual things happening which can help her be both subtle and not-boring. In my opinion it’s the role of a lifetime, it’s all about her. It’s tense, it’s internal, it’s shocking, it’s twisty. It’s made for an actor’s showcase, I can’t think of a better part to win an Oscar with lol. So much to say about motherhood, class, childhood, how the past catches up to her, what you hides from herself, what she does to other people. Don’t want to spoil it, so definitely give it a read!

Also great parts for Jessie Buckley who plays the younger version of Colman’s character, and Dakota Johnson who plays a mother Colman meets in the present. Ed Harris & Paul Mescal have small but cool roles.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

she has a lot to explore and show what she’s capable of. the script is actually a little different than the book but still gives colman a lot, it should be easy for her to get in
    and I think it’s really beautifully adapted. when I first heard they were making it to film I was sure it was going to be a bit shit but it’s way way better than my expectations. love maggie for that

Opium
    Topics:

I’m getting more and more skeptical of Gaga being a lock as days go by. There’s just no…novelty to Lady Gaga being an actress, the Oscar campaign narrative (as noted by Vanity Fair’s Richard Lawson in a recent podcast) will have to be very different. Interestingly, Richard Lawson liked the trailer because he thinks “they’re clearly making fun of themselves and are aware of how ridiculous they look.” Do we really think the film will be like that? The self-aware kind of ridiculous? I…don’t think so. It’s a drama at the end of the day, not a black comedy. It’s going to be earnest to a large degree.

Gaga is used to promote so it won’t be an issue, this time she’s gonna need less campaign, her superstar name guarantee that every move she will do will make noise and it’s gonna be checked by audience, I expect her campaign to be more similar to when she promotes her music or her mental health organization, being outspoken and speaken professionally about the workd she did in the movie and the cast she worked with, she’s clearly not gonna have the ’emotional’ gig of the 100 people in the room again like during ASIB.

As for the movie, as long as it’s gonna be an ‘I, Tonya’ or ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ kind of camp movie, it would be fine.

Opium
    Topics:

Stans and Oscar “experts” (a.k.a. the pundits & narrative-makers not critics) are keeping Gaga afloat but she won’t happen. She won’t win critics awards & once the film is reviewed it’s over. It’s a ghastly trailer made solely to nip concerns of her acting in the bud as early as possible.

These kind of comments when it comes to Gaga tends to always backfire with time, I mean it could be possible that Gaga is not gonna make it, but at least let’s wait for reviews for that, saying she’s out when in fact the trailer has been very well received by audience and press it’s not making sense for now.

LA26
    Topics:

It’s baffling how so many are overestimating House of Gucci when the writer is an unknown. The film is his first big project. The main reason for the overconfidence is the excitement over Gaga. I don’t like what I saw of Gaga in the trailer. Oscar “experts” are predicting her right now as not only a front-runner but a winner as well mainly because she’s Lady Gaga. I don’t see her getting in if the film is a stinker. HoG and Respect are both backed by MGM. I feel more confident that Hudson will get nominated.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.