Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 488 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
boredandricho..

• Rich Thot
    Topics:

Nobody here has seen most of the contenders movies and most don’t have a single review. Yet, y’all already arguing who is and isn’t “worthy”. Lordy.

LA26
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson doing an in-person interview for Respect with reporter Jake Hamilton in Chicago: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PcTJ0dGXwdg

boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

you guys are obsessed with English rose actresses from television series. 

because they always deliver the best performances darling.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

The hatred for Lady Gaga here has always been ridiculous. But you know what? She has a shelf full of awards, including 12 Grammys and an Oscar; she has an amazing career — she’s nabbing lead roles in high-profile movies while continuing to dole out excellent music; and she’s immensely talented. She could not care less about people hiding behind pseudonyms hating on her. Whether she’s Oscar-worthy in HoG remains to be seen, but I’m not shocked that people are already writing her off based on merely a trailer, while calling other actors a lock or near-lock based on source material only. And no, I am not even remotely a stan or anything, but the level of hatred is quite ridiculous.

wolfali
    Topics:

The hatred for Lady Gaga here has always been ridiculous. But you know what? She has a shelf full of awards, including 12 Grammys and an Oscar; she has an amazing career — she’s nabbing lead roles in high-profile movies while continuing to dole out excellent music; and she’s immensely talented. She could not care less about people hiding behind pseudonyms hating on her. Whether she’s Oscar-worthy in HoG remains to be seen, but I’m not shocked that people are already writing her off based on merely a trailer, while calling other actors a lock based on source material only. And no, I am not even remotely a stan or anything, but the level of hatred is quite ridiculous.

Well said Luca.

There is a famous saying about haters and trolls…

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

M: The Original
    Topics:

The hatred for Lady Gaga here has always been ridiculous. But you know what? She has a shelf full of awards, including 12 Grammys and an Oscar; she has an amazing career — she’s nabbing lead roles in high-profile movies while continuing to dole out excellent music; and she’s immensely talented. She could not care less about people hiding behind pseudonyms hating on her. Whether she’s Oscar-worthy in HoG remains to be seen, but I’m not shocked that people are already writing her off based on merely a trailer, while calling other actors a lock or near-lock based on source material only. And no, I am not even remotely a stan or anything, but the level of hatred is quite ridiculous.

Is it genuine hatred or a need to diminish the competition early? Look at the dismissal of Chastain because people are invested in Kristin Stewart or someone else. That’s how we operate if we’re being honest.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Stewart is another one who is excessively hated on here — based on movies she did ages ago. I can’t wait until she proves people wrong.

Butz
    Topics:

Stewart is another one who is excessively hated on here — based on movies she did ages ago. I can’t wait until she proves people wrong.

To be fair, Charlie’s Angels was two years ago and she was embarrassing in that. In Underwater (one year ago), too. The Twilight argument doesn’t really apply when she had plenty of awful performances afterwards.

For Your Consideration:
    The Banshees of Inisherin in ALL categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Actor (Colin Farrell)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Brendan Gleeson)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Barry Keoghan)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Kerry Condon)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Sheila Flitton)
    - Best Original Screenplay

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Samm
    Topics:

To be fair, Charlie’s Angels was two years ago and she was embarrassing in that. In Underwater (one year ago), too. The Twilight argument doesn’t really apply when she had plenty of awful performances afterwards.

But the fact is she’s not even that hated. it’s always the same 2 people who keep hating but she has a lot of supporters on here unlike some certain actresses.

boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

tbh yes she doesn’t have a great filmography but there are few films there truly proving that she is a better actress than a lot of people trying to make her seem like. i hope spencer wont be a total flop and she will have another chance to prove herself as a serious actress

George Ehret
    Topics:

Jesus fucking Christ, y’all are children

While I feel fairly confident that Gaga won’t win considering how rare it is for an antihero to win Best Actress, she’s still in play for a nomination. The trailer doesn’t give me particularly good vibes about her performance or the movie in general, so it’s easy to sacrifice her for some other strong players (Stewart, Blanchett, Kidman, Comer, Hudson, McDormand, Cruz all seem strong and could easily knock her out). She gets in if the film is a Picture nominee, but otherwise, she could easily miss out. She also won’t have the Globes to boost her up, as they’re looking less and less likely by the day. But to drag her and her stans simply because you don’t like her is a really shitty thing to do. Alas, it’s not uncommon on these forums. And yeah, Luca’s right in that she’s massively successful and doesn’t really care what you think of her so yeah

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t even have any passion for Kristen Stewart’s filmography (I find her ok in her arthouse films but that’s mainly it) but lol the amount of hate she receives on here makes me want her to win lol.

It’s always interesting how each of these actress contenders are dragged for films they did in the past yet some of these lead actor contenders go off scotch free. I like Benedict Cumberbatch as an actor but he was in films like Zoolander 2The Grinch or The Current War not so long ago.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

JV
    Topics:

I recommend you to watch:

Clouds of Sils Maria
    Personal Shopper
    Camp X-Ray
    Seberg
    Into the Wild
    Speak

Barbra Please
    Topics:

That’s it. To end all the arguments, Isabelle Huppert wins next year best actress for her 15 seconds Balenciaga video on her Instagram. This thread is over.

George Ehret
    Topics:

I’m not a particularly big fan of hers, but she’s not horrible. Twilight was just so bad that there was no way she could save herself (same with Rob Pattinson tbh). She’s working with Pablo Larain, a very talented director, and she is capable of doing great work. Wait for a damn trailer at least

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.