Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 488 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    lanadelol
    Topics:

J-hud should pray for the Golden Globes to happen cause she aint getting another Oscar nom for the same role she won already.

lol imagine comparing aretha and effie just because they’re black female singers.. their stories are completely different. c’mon now. that’s like saying ma rainey and billie holiday are the same character because they were both black female blues/jazz singers

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

House of Gucci will be THE event movie of the year and it will be so fun to see Lady Gaga haters suffer through the season.

Kristen Stewart who can NOT act, is not getting ANYWHERE near a nomination.

J-hud should pray for the Golden Globes to happen cause she aint getting another Oscar nom for the same role she won already.

What an original thing to say in the thread which blows up every time extreme things like this are said. Nuance is just impossible.

kr

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

What an original thing to say in the thread which blows up every time extreme things like this are said. Nuance is just impossible.

kr

Lol 3 horrible takes in the very first post they make on the forum. Has to be a record, right?

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Lol 3 horrible takes in the very first post they make on the forum. Has to be a record, right?

The Jennifer Hudson one is so offensive it’s NUTS

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

There is different between optimistic opinion as fan and straight-up trollish post.

The way anyone can create account here, and post some outrageous thing and you all take the bait, so easily. Like is it that hard to see that someone is certainly trolling and looking for attention.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

The amount of troll new accounts. Prediction season started!

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Aretha and Effie are two totally different characters, but I think Jennifer Hudson performances are very similar, she’s more playing herself doing covers than embodies the character, Aretha especially,  however excluding Stewart or Hudson is definitely wrong, at least at this point, both can happen, I don’t see Hudson winning but the nomination is on lock for her.

Stewart is a question mark since we don’t know how the industry especially in America feels about her, she never managed so far to get any kind of recognition when it comes to awards that might be precursors to Oscars, I know she has a Cesar but when it comes to Oscars they don’t mean anything, but if her performance gets praised, her nomination can totally happen.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Anyone else have a hard time figuring out who’s gonna win? I can see like four or five people potentially taking this

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

I feel like the same way, I don’t see much of Aretha in Hudson. Although this is only base on trailers released so far. Maybe, movie will surprise me.

It doesn’t really bode well for Hudson especially with lot of other contenders playing life personalities as well. But to her credit, Aretha is by far hardest to portray

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

I feel like the same way, I don’t see much of Aretha in Hudson. Although this is only base on trailers released so far. Maybe, movie will surprise me. It doesn’t really bode well for Hudson especially with lot of other contenders playing life personalities as well. But to her credit, Aretha is by far hardest to portray

I feel the same also basing on the clips that have been releases, vocally she’s perfect for the role, but acting wise or mimic, I see her, I don’t see Aretha, she’s great in doing her covers, however I still think she’s getting nominated.

Like from this clip, she’s not even trying it.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Holy shit Gaga vs Stewart war has already started huh…

Imagine if one of them ends up like Amy Adams for Hillbily Elegy…

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Anyone else have a hard time figuring out who’s gonna win? I can see like four or five people potentially taking this

Kristen was gonna win for power of the dog but now that she’s supposedly supporting my moneys on Jessica Chastain as Tammy Faye and Kristen Stewart as Princess Diana to win.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    rustooo9
    Topics:

Holy shit Gaga vs Stewart war has already started huh…

It began ever since Spencer got the Venice announcement.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.