Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 488 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    annieholl
    Topics:

Although it is unfortunate that Hispanics lack representation, doesn’t negate from the fact that I am going to root for my race first and foremost. It just is what it is.

This is common sense and you should keep doing that (I as a white person cannot do the same because that would make me a supremacist lol). But I will say: as a lurker, you seem to have a habit of dogging on some people who often have exactly the same opinions as you… it’s a bit weird considering how many problematic users there are on these forums.

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

I think all of them are still a “maybe”, at least until some festival and critics’ reviews. I read that The Power of the Dog will premiere at Venice’s film festival, if Kirsten gains some support I could totally see it happening. She’s always been neglected by major awards, she never had great roles, but I believe this could be a turning point in her career.
    But, again, it all depends on Netflix’s campaign, I heard she might go supporting. Also I wouldn’t underestimate Nicole Kidman, I think hers, Gaga and Hudson noms are almost locked. The other 2 slots will be among Chastain, Stewart, Dunst and Blanchett (if they don’t go supporting), and of course Oscars darling Frances Mcdormand. Also, if Parallel Mothers is chosen for the foreign section, I could totally see Penelope Cruz getting a slot. These are just my humble opinions 😂

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I like both Gaga and Stewart so I won’t be participating in that war. I will say that as much as I like Stewart a lot of people don’t so she has a lot to prove.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson is one of my favorite singers. I’ve seen her in concert 3 times. Having said that, if we are going to pull the race card, the lack of Hispanic representation is appalling. More so than Black representation. The fact that In The Heights is being dismissed the way it is should be upsetting for us, but we are used to being dismissed. Let’s not bring up the race card.

Pitting ethnic groups against each other is equally as bad as films & performances with POC being dismissed. Let’s not fight over whose struggles are better or worse.

Profile picture
    annieholl
    Topics:

I think all of them are still a “maybe”, at least until some festival and critics’ reviews. I read that The Power of the Dog will premiere at Venice’s film festival, if Kirsten gains some support I could totally see it happening. She’s always been neglected by major awards, she never had great roles, but I believe this could be a turning point in her career. But, again, it all depends on Netflix’s campaign, I heard she might go supporting. Also I wouldn’t underestimate Nicole Kidman, I think hers, Gaga and Hudson noms are almost locked. The other 2 slots will be among Chastain, Stewart, Dunst and Blanchett (if they don’t go supporting), and of course Oscars darling Frances Mcdormand. Also, if Parallel Mothers is chosen for the foreign section, I could totally see Penelope Cruz getting a slot. These are just my humble opinions 😂

They haven’t decided on Dunst’s category yet. As I said in supporting, McKenzie’s a non-factor & Conroy is a factor, so it would be a shame if they went supporting when they can make all 4 categories.

Penelope Cruz is being underestimated, that’s all I’ll say.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I think all of them are still a “maybe”, at least until some festival and critics’ reviews. I read that The Power of the Dog will premiere at Venice’s film festival, if Kirsten gains some support I could totally see it happening. She’s always been neglected by major awards, she never had great roles, but I believe this could be a turning point in her career.
    But, again, it all depends on Netflix’s campaign, I heard she might go supporting. Also I wouldn’t underestimate Nicole Kidman, I think hers, Gaga and Hudson noms are almost locked. The other 2 slots will be among Chastain, Stewart, Dunst and Blanchett (if they don’t go supporting), and of course Oscars darling Frances Mcdormand. Also, if Parallel Mothers is chosen for the foreign section, I could totally see Penelope Cruz getting a slot. These are just my humble opinions 😂

You didn’t mention Colman. Do you think she’s not a major contender?

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

For me most likely to get nominated to least:

1. Olivia Coleman

2. Cate Blanchett

3. Kristen Stewart

4. Lady Gaga

5. Jessica Chastian

6. Kristen Dunst (Top 3, once she is confirmed to go lead)

7. Jodie Comer

8. Halle Berry

9. Jennifer Hudson

10. Penelope Cruz

Of coarse this is base on almost nothing but few trailers, early word of mouth, their past performances, star power (in some cases) and of coarse personal feelings. So don’t get offended.

Also I don’t feel like putting Frances, Nicole, and Jennifer Lawrence there.  Too much uncertainties for these 3.

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

You didn’t mention Colman. Do you think she’s not a major contender?

I think she’s one of the greatest actresses nowadays, also she’s getting a lot of deserved praise for her work lately. But, since she won a couple years ago and got nominated last year for The Father, she’ll hardly get a nod, but if she does I’ll totally be fine because I’m sure it will be deserved, even if I don’t even know what the movie is about 😂

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

I agree, I hope that after Venice Kirsten’ll gain some extra support. I don’t know why but I kinda see her as the Vanessa Kirby of this year award season.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

LOL the ole “this user has multiple accounts” argument. Not everyone is as obsessed with Carey Mulligan and Wendy Williams as you are. But seriously what’s with 1,000 Wendy Williams gifs though?

Lol 😂

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Penelope Cruz is being underestimated, that’s all I’ll say.

For a win or a nomination? Cause she’s fully viable for a nom.

In case you think she can win, explain cause I’m curious

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Colman is potentially in a phase with AMPAS ala Dench in the 00s. If the film is good and she delivers, she’s like to get nominated. My main concern is with Netflix who hasn’t really shown they can push more than 2 contenders across the board. But maybe they will surprise this year.

Profile picture
    annieholl
    Topics:

For a win or a nomination? Cause she’s fully viable for a nom. In case you think she can win, explain cause I’m curious

Both. I’ve heard a lot about the film, and she’s not discussed enough for a nomination because people on here are so focused on the US/UK actresses. It’s her first lead collaboration with her favorite collaborator in quite some time. It’s primed to take advantage of her age & particular status in the industry since her last nomination. And the fall festivals will be giving it quite the push because while The Power of the Dog in particular seems ready to cement early frontrunner, Cruz will snatch the Volpi from Dunst. I think we should get ready for at least 3 or 4 very strong contenders from TIFF/Venezia/Telluride who will quickly become locks: Colman, Cruz, Dunst, maybe Stewart.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Both. I’ve heard a lot about the film, and she’s not discussed enough for a nomination because people on here are so focused on the US/UK actresses. It’s her first lead collaboration with her favorite collaborator in quite some time. It’s primed to take advantage of her age & particular status in the industry since her last nomination. And the fall festivals will be giving it quite the push because while The Power of the Dog in particular seems ready to cement early frontrunner, Cruz will snatch the Volpi from Dunst. I think we should get ready for at least 3 or 4 very strong contenders from TIFF/Venezia/Telluride who will quickly become locks: Colman, Cruz, Dunst, maybe Stewart.

Anything you know about the role itself? Would help me if we’re considering who can win

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

This is common sense and you should keep doing that (I as a white person cannot do the same because that would make me a supremacist lol). But I will say: as a lurker, you seem to have a habit of dogging on some people who often have exactly the same opinions as you… it’s a bit weird considering how many problematic users there are on these forums.

lol fun to know this person’s still yapping away at me & I just never see it. flipping

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.