Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 488 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Am I…………a Colman stan too? She’s just so great!

welcome to mad house

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Love seeing you as the enthusiastic messy bitches I’ve always know. THE drama and it’s just August. Make momma proud as Ill be sitting this shitfest out.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I wanna put Colman on, but I wanna see a trailer first

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Jackr123
    Topics:

This is my favourite thread. Keep the messiness coming

Profile picture
    Jackr123
    Topics:

Also, it’ll be a good few years before I’m sick of Colman. I’d love to see her pull a Dench and get six noms in under a decade

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

The thing about Colman is that Elena Ferrante’s book is the very opposite of Oscar baity.

It’s a sharp, sour, sorrowful short story about motherhood, identity, the cages in family and in the society. Very difficult to translate in pictures. Colman’s character is a challenge, if the film is not too arduous, she is in contention. I’m very curious about it.

2022 Award Season, FYC:

Best Picture: Mass, Titane, The Power of the Dog, West Side Story
    Best Director: Julia Ducournau, Jane Campion, Steven Spielberg
    Best Actress: Jodie Comer, Isabelle Fuhrman
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Original Screenplay: Mass
    Best Supporting Actress: Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst
    Best Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Mike Faist, Jason Isaacs, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Underestimate JHud at your own peril:

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1424464633126084617?s=20

“According to Indiewire, a SAG screening of #Respect starring Jennifer Hudson as Aretha Franklin was met with a “rousing standing ovation” from an audience made up of members of the SAG (Screen Actors Guild) nominating committee.”

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Underestimate JHud at your own peril:

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1424464633126084617?s=20

“According to Indiewire, a SAG screening of #Respect starring Jennifer Hudson as Aretha Franklin was met with a “rousing standing ovation” from an audience made up of members of the SAG (Screen Actors Guild) nominating committee.”

J.Hud is coming to…

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

The thing about Colman is that Elena Ferrante’s book is the very opposite of Oscar baity.

It’s a sharp, sour, sorrowful short story about motherhood, identity, the cages in family and in the society. Very difficult to translate in pictures. Colman’s character is a challenge, if the film is not too arduous, she is in contention. I’m very curious about it.

Heavy disagree, it’s very Oscar baity. Yes there’s a lot of internal character stuff but everything plot-wise is real-world stuff. Plus Buckley plays a younger version of her so that takes all the “past” and puts it into flashback mode, so I don’t see what the problem is. It’s a novel that I can imagine an easier adaptation for than with Passing, Dune or TPOTD.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Topics:

The thing about Colman is that Elena Ferrante’s book is the very opposite of Oscar baity. It’s a sharp, sour, sorrowful short story about motherhood, identity, the cages in family and in the society. Very difficult to translate in pictures. Colman’s character is a challenge, if the film is not too arduous, she is in contention. I’m very curious about it.

the thing is maggie adapted it to screenplay so well in my opinion and she gave olivia a lot to explore as leda and it’s a character with so much depth. she portrays all the grief, regret, sadness, depression and whatever else there is, so well. there is same depth for jessie buckley’s leda too but olivia’s is way better and she shines through the film, I am honestly impressed because I wasn’t expecting this. yes it’s subtle but it’s also very baity. again, in my opinion tho

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

the thing is maggie adapted it to screenplay so well in my opinion and she gave olivia a lot to explore as leda and it’s a character with so much depth. she portrays all the grief, regret, sadness, depression and whatever else there is, so well. there is same depth for jessie buckley’s leda too but olivia’s is way better and she shines through the film, I am honestly impressed because I wasn’t expecting this. yes it’s subtle but it’s also very baity. again, in my opinion tho

It could be The Father of this year, plus with the same actress!

I’m glad you liked it, the book and its themes are close to my heart and I can’t wait to see what Gyllenhaal made of it.

How was Dakota? I don’t particularly like her apart from Suspiria, but I think the role fits her a lot.

Heavy disagree, it’s very Oscar baity. Yes there’s a lot of internal character stuff but everything plot-wise is real-world stuff. Plus Buckley plays a younger version of her so that takes all the “past” and puts it into flashback mode, so I don’t see what the problem is. It’s a novel that I can imagine an easier adaptation for than with Passing, Dune or TPOTD.

It could very well be turned into a Oscar baity thing, but very few action takes place in the book, the focus is mostly in the thoughts and the implicit, it’s captivating by the words amazingly handled by Ferrante, so I don’t think it’s so easy to adapt a work like this. But I hope I’ll change my mind when I’ll see it, and I’m so looking forward to Venice!

2022 Award Season, FYC:

Best Picture: Mass, Titane, The Power of the Dog, West Side Story
    Best Director: Julia Ducournau, Jane Campion, Steven Spielberg
    Best Actress: Jodie Comer, Isabelle Fuhrman
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Original Screenplay: Mass
    Best Supporting Actress: Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst
    Best Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Mike Faist, Jason Isaacs, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Topics:

It could very well be turned into a Oscar baity thing, but very few action takes place in the book, the focus is mostly in the thoughts and the implicit, it’s captivating by the words amazingly handled by Ferrante, so I don’t think it’s so easy to adapt a work like this. But I hope I’ll change my mind when I’ll see it, and I’m so looking forward to Venice!

that was my worry too but it turned out quite well imo. also dakota is classic dakota

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Yeah I get what you mean, obviously, but as My Brilliant Friend (the TV show) indicates, Ferrante still has enough plot surrounding the thoughts and the implicit stuff. I think I know what you’re talking about actually & I don’t think…too much of it is implicit? Damn maybe I should read it again.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Underestimate JHud at your own peril: https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1424464633126084617?s=20 “According to Indiewire, a SAG screening of #Respect starring Jennifer Hudson as Aretha Franklin was met with a “rousing standing ovation” from an audience made up of members of the SAG (Screen Actors Guild) nominating committee.”

Hopefully this will be a lesson for the moronic trolls who came in here yesterday acting sure she would have not happened.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

also dakota is classic dakota

so not nomination material ig?

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.