Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 488 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Hopefully this will be a lesson for the moronic trolls who came in here yesterday acting sure she would have not happened.

I don’t know why people doubt that Hudson can happen. With the amount of campaigning she’s doing and simply having the voice she does, she’s…a lock.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

I am still skeptical about Hudson chances.

That article seems like usual pre-release PR article to control the narrative and creates buzz.

Anyway, Embargo is getting lifted soon (I believe), so we will see.

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

I don’t know why people doubt that Hudson can happen. With the amount of campaigning she’s doing and simply having the voice she does, she’s…a lock.

She also was in the top 5 last year when everyone thought the movie would have premiered for the 2021 Oscars.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

How accurate were last year’s predix around this time? I know Amy Adams & Kate Winslet were in the conversation & JLaw, Marion Cotillard (Annette), Jennifer Hudson, Olivia Colman (The Father) were as well but obviously the first 3 got pushed and the last went supporting. Other than that Viola Davis, Frances McDormand, Andra Day, even Carey Mulligan were very much in the conversation (my memory is so bad). Viola was up there at #1 for aaaaaages!

Barring Hillbilly Elegy-like pans, which are actually kinda rare, we do actually end up seeing a lot of these early contenders in either lead or supporting, no? At least that’s my impression. In Lead Actor, Hopkins & Oldman were early faves and Chadwick Boseman too but his category was up in the air. Delroy Lindo is the one who was predicted but didn’t happen.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

How accurate were last year’s predix around this time? I know Amy Adams & Kate Winslet were in the conversation & JLaw, Marion Cotillard (Annette), Jennifer Hudson, Olivia Colman (The Father) were as well but obviously the first 3 got pushed and the last went supporting. Other than that Viola Davis, Frances McDormand, Andra Day, even Carey Mulligan were very much in the conversation (my memory is so bad). Viola was up there at #1 for aaaaaages!

Barring Hillbilly Elegy-like pans, which are actually kinda rare, we do actually end up seeing a lot of these early contenders in either lead or supporting, no? At least that’s my impression. In Lead Actor, Hopkins & Oldman were early faves and Chadwick Boseman too but his category was up in the air. Delroy Lindo is the one who was predicted but didn’t happen.

I agree with you, but I think that since JHudson’s movie has been talked about so much the past year and a half, if the reviews are good, her spot is locked, same with Gaga. they already got the media and spectators attention, I mean at least here in Italy. The only way they wouldn’t get a nod is that critics fail the movies, but I hardly see this coming. JH, Gaga I believe are a certainty, the other three are among Dunst and Blanchett (if they go lead), Chastain, Kidman, Stewart and Cruz. Also up until last night I didn’t consider Colman a contender, but I read some stuff about the movie and I think that if Venice goes well she can get a nod as well.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

the other three are among Dunst and Blanchett (if they go lead), Chastain, Kidman, Stewart and Cruz.

No Comer?

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

the Kirsten Dunst, Lady Gaga, Kristen Stewart, Jennifer Hudson, etc, bashing from haters is starting to get beyond annoying and ridiculous. Can you all at least wait for the performances and movies to come out before saying this person isn’t happening, that person is a lock, that movie is surely tanking,…Jesus.

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

No Comer?

I think she stands a better chance in the supporting field, plus since it’s the same director I’m afraid her movie will live in the shadow of House of Gucci this entire season.

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Spencer will fail

It’s the dark horse of the season, it will either be a hit or a miss. Guess we’ll have to wait until Venice. I’m currently trying to buy tickets for the festival, if I succeed I’ll let you know what I think LOL

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Spencer will fail

This is what you sound like rn

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Awards Shows Need to Embrace Gender-Neutral Acting Categories — and Soon

This is a great way to kill off the Oscars finally and fog good. Maybe 5% of the population would be in favor of this. The other 95% would not be but would be too afraid to say they were. This will hurt women and esp. women of color.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

If Renée Zellweger can be nominated and win for Judy, Jennifer Hudson can be nominated and win for Respect. While it is too early to say if she will get in for sure, given what I’ve seen so far, she is very high on my list as one of the Best Actress front runners.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Yea Hudson is definitely not winning for this but I still think she gets nominated.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.