Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 488 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

So Respect it’s a meh movie with a great performance by Hudson. Shocking lol. We’ll see if she can be the new Renée or even the new Andra Day. Or the new Egerton…

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

It’s basically as expected. I’m happy to see the Variety review praise Hudson for having grown greatly as an actor since Dreamgirls. Yeah she’s getting nominated, good for her!

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I can already see the Respect underestimation in this forum. Some girls are in for a rude awakening once the season officially starts.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Jennifer is getting nominated, but too soon to lock her as the frontrunner or to dismiss her chances of winning. This could very well be a Bohemian Rhapsody situation or she could be another Andra Day

We never know what will come out from the Academy. I think Respect will do well at SAG, maybe with an Ensemble nom and Forest Whitaker in Supporting since they love him.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

If Boseman and Davis couldn’t do it last year (unfortunately). I don’t simply see it happening for Hudson.

I was skeptical about Hudson nomination. But now, I feel like she is getting nomination. I have seen nothing but praise for her.

Profile picture
    Hinrich689
    Topics:

So Respect is following the likes of Judy and Billie Holiday with its mediocre reviews. The nomination is foreseeable, but it might be a challenge for Hudson to win if her trajectory is like Andra Day.

I just want a Black Lead Actress to win for a GREAT film. Is it that hard to get?

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Aaaaand she should rise to the top of everyone’s predix given that she’s the earliest, closest thing to a lock

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

So Respect is following the likes of Judy and Billie Holiday with its mediocre reviews. The nomination is foreseeable, but it might be a challenge for Hudson to win if her trajectory is like Andra Day.

I just want a Black Lead Actress to win for a GREAT film. Is it that hard to get?

To be entirely fair, most Lead Actress wins aren’t in great films 😉

But I do feel you. I’d like to see more noms in general for Black lead actresses from great films, so here’s hoping Passing & Tessa Thompson comes thruuuu 😀

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Anyone knows what happened to the Ronnie Spector biopic with Zendaya ?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/08/emmys-oscars-need-gender-neutral-acting-categories-1234656459/ This is a great way to kill off the Oscars finally and fog good. Maybe 5% of the population would be in favor of this. The other 95% would not be but would be too afraid to say they were. This will hurt women and esp. women of color.

I believe the majority of actors are actually against this. And personally, I don’t find this a good idea either.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Nothing justifies a binary gender separation. 4 acting categories is too much.

And lol no, it wont cause a disparity. See TCA individual categories or Grammys ever since they ended gendered categories. They’re mostly split between male and female. Besides it’s almost common sense that best actress are more competitive and interesting so idk where people take theyd lose every year.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Gender neutral categories will eventually happen at every awards show. Times are changing & organizations are trying to be more inclusive. The competition would be a lot stiffer.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

Nothing justifies a binary gender separation. 4 acting categories is too much. And lol no, it wont cause a disparity. See TCA individual categories or Grammys ever since they ended gendered categories. They’re mostly split between male and female. Besides it’s almost common sense that best actress are more competitive and interesting so idk where people take theyd lose every year.

4 acting categories aren’t too much.

For Grammys, It made sense since there were actually too many categories a singer can win in. Different categories for different genres, then each category were split further whether it is song category or album category, songs categories were even further split into solo or duet/group.

4 acting categories are no where close to Grammy ridiculous amount of categories. Even this year, Beyonce alone scored 9 nominations, and there were multiple artists with 3/4/5 nominations.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.