Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 488 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Todd Haynes’ Peggy Lee biopic and we know how juicy her role will be based on Haynes track record of strong female leads!

Stanning for Williams in advance for whenever her next vehicle is—if it’s the Todd Haynes biopic I’m just going to cross my fingers that it’s less Wonderstruck and more Carol or Far From Heaven. Apart from Wonderstruck (which is fine, it’s not bad), I’ve really liked/loved pretty much every single thing he’s made to date that I’ve seen. Also, I think he might be a Telluride tribute this year—with his Velvet Underground doc that seems to be really good.

Is Haynes transitioning from Julianne Moore as his muse to Michelle Williams? That would be cool…

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Michelle also has Spielberg semi-biopic. She looked fine as hell staying booked and so.

However if I’m not mistaken, Haynes also has a project with Natalie Portman and Julianne Moore. Wonder which one he will do first

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Advice: test screening reactions can be misleading and premature, especially when you rope in the insular world of Oscar Twitter and Film Twitter.

So true especially with The Best Actress it could get dirty So with that said, it’s either they’ve been to the screenings or not, and I think it’s the former. Test screenings are for industry insiders whom a studio can give an embargo document/non disclosure agreement, because it’s easier to control the narrative than having average movie goers like you and me to go see a movie because they know what we think of the film is our own opinion, and freedom of speech allows us to share such opinions, which is detrimental to a film’s marketing campaign because of this. Because they’ll be unable to control the narrative. just my opinion

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Advice: test screening reactions can be misleading and premature, especially when you rope in the insular world of Oscar Twitter and Film Twitter.

This. We saw what happened with Zendaya last season. Until Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic gives a certified critical consensus, it’s undetermined how well certain films will fare. Test screenings, fan sites, Letterboxd, & word of mouth are not reliable sources.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

This. We saw what happened with Zendaya last season. Until Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic gives a certified critical consensus, it’s undetermined how well certain films will fare. Test screenings, fan sites, Letterboxd, & word of mouth are not reliable sources.

Its a hit or miss in terms of accuracy, though. The Woman in the Window is a supposed Oscar vehicle for Amy Adams yet the poor result of test screening already give a red flag and that movie ended up being Razzie material instead.

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

This is why i’m scared for Halle they already have their knives out. That’s why i’m cautiously optimistic of her chances of nomination.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I’ve heard that despite the leaked script for Don’t Look Up being uh…rough, McKay (and Leo’s) subsequent rewrites, plus on set improv have gone a long way. It’s still deep in the edit/testing a lot, so we’ll see how the final product is but feeling guardedly optimistic.

Um interesting 🤨

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Highly doubt JLaw gets in for DLU. Her character in the draft I read was hollow and wooden, and the test screening reactions seem to indicate that hasn’t changed. I wouldn’t bank on her getting in.

As far as test screenings in general go, they aren’t the best leg to stand on, but they can give us a general sense of what the film is like and how it will be received. That obviously does not mean everything considering the test screening reactions for Just Mercy were overwhelmingly positive and that film didn’t really go anywhere, but you shouldn’t totally toss them out either.

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Topics:

People are so sure about Jennifer Lawrence not getting in? I hope she gets a nomination, it would be so pleasing to witness the haters reaction :))

Profile picture
    Topics:

It must be very depressing to be a Michelle Williams stan huh?

More like EMMASTONER stan.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Nah Emma Stone still turning out fantastic roles after her Oscar win: Battle Of The Sexes, The Favourite, Maniac, and the iconic role of Cruella. It’s fun stanning for her.

[/quote

Sure but what I mean is they are more Emma stone stan than anything else.

Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

Sure but what I meant is they are more Emma stone than anything else.

How do you recognize truly great movie acting? When an actor owns their roles so completely that the acting becomes invisible and the audience thinks it’s just the actor being themselves.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

I would be so here for a Halle Berry comeback instead of the boring Jennifer Hudson for another ‘Dreamgirls’ rehash performance.

Profile picture
    Katelandiabsky
    Topics:

Jennifer Lawrence gives me Tom Hanks in The Post vibes Not only overshadowed by her co-lead, but missing because of how stacked the category is.

The only reason she will miss because her role is not baity as others and honestly she doesn’t even need a nom for DLU. After mother! and red sparrow, she just needs a hit movie with positive reception.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.