Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 488 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    George Papakostas
    Topics:

My predictions so far are

1. Cate Blanchett ( I mean, come on, we all know she´s getting a third Oscar soon!Maybe Nightmare Alley is not the movie she´ll win it for, but E-VE-RY-ONE in the industry respects her and thinks she´s one of the greatest actresses we have, so how can she fail in G.D.Toro film? I think she´s definitely in! )

2. Olivia Colman ( sky-rocketed in 2018 and hasn´t stopped since!Besides, I think I would vote for her only to see her give YET AGAIN another hilarious acceptance speech! WHO DOESN´T LOVE HER? Oh, yes! I forgot to say that she´s amazing in everything she does!So, yes, she´s also in! )

3. Frances McDormand (next to Denzel in a movie directed by Coen! How can things go wrong?)

4. Jennifer Hudson (singing really well and looking like the person you are playing is by definition an Oscar baity role! Especially if you are playing someone everybody in this universe loves ! Perhaps the film is not that good, ok, but who cares? She gave us the goosebumps in those 10 minutes back in 2006, I m pretty sure she can repeat it and get the nom)

5. Halle for BRUISED. I can see that happening for three reasons
    A. 20 years since MONSTER´S BALL
    B. 1st ever black actress to achieve this
    C. CAMPAIGN-NETFLIX AND VOTERS THINKING: ¨It´s been far too long and how come we haven´t given a leading Oscar to any other black actress ever since?Time to do the right thing¨

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

VOTERS THINKING: ¨It´s been far too long and how come we haven´t given a leading Oscar to any other black actress ever since?Time to do the right thing¨

You mean like Oscars 2021, right?

Narrative shmarrative. We here are onyl talking about forum narrative or even media narrative that may not overlap with what AMPAS thinks. And they vote for what they like. So if Halle or Jennifer or another have the role that resonates the most, she will win. If not, actress who does will win. The mistake that many made with Boseman, for exmaple, is that they thought that what happened to him in real life would resonate more than Hopkins performance. But it didn’t. he didn’t have a role that resonated more and real life situation didn’t hold that much weight when all was said and done because, at the end of the day, they award the performance not someone’s circumstances.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

You mean like Oscars 2021, right? Narrative shmarrative. We here are onyl talking about forum narrative or even media narrative that may not overlap with what AMPAS thinks. And they vote for what they like. So if Halle or Jennifer or another have the role that resonates the most, she will win. If not, actress who does will win. The mistake that many made with Boseman, for exmaple, is that they thought that what happened to him in real life would resonate more than Hopkins performance. But it didn’t. he didn’t have a role that resonated more and real life situation didn’t hold that much weight when all was said and done because, at the end of the day, they award the performance not someone’s circumstances.

The way we failed lol. It should have been obvious after Hopkins won BAFTA and judging by those anonymous ballots in which most voters were praising Hopkins or Ahmed and very few mentioned Boseman.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Them going gender neutral means that a lot more snubs will happen as others said and this will never work in favour of women especially the women of colour. they’re already struggling to get nominations due to old white men and the racist population of ampas and if they decrease the number of acting categories their chances will be even less. this is definitely not a good idea

also, what do you mean 4 acting categories is too much lmao. haven’t you seen a single award season? people fit in those categories barely as it is and there are still a lot of great performances left out. I mean sure there could be more technical categories but that shouldn’t mean acting should get less spotlight

And theres still 2-3 fillers per category every year that wouldnt be missed if they were gone. If categories were even expanded we’d still get more bland noms pushed by the same 5 big studios. Like the emmys this year.
    Also, a more competitive field wouldnt be more exciting?

But anyway, clearly people here love the outdated division. Even a drama/comedy gender neutral division would make more sense but also not needed.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Also why JHud getting people here so pressed? She’ll have enough support for the performance and MGM will probably fight for her. One of the safest bets by far.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

The way we failed lol. It should have been obvious after Hopkins won BAFTA and judging by those anonymous ballots in which most voters were praising Hopkins or Ahmed and very few mentioned Boseman.

Exactly.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    2020felling1
    Topics:

Is anyone in here in the AW forum? If yes, it’s t normal for take like a month to get in? If not, what to do? Haha

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

You mean like Oscars 2021, right?

Narrative shmarrative. We here are onyl talking about forum narrative or even media narrative that may not overlap with what AMPAS thinks. And they vote for what they like. So if Halle or Jennifer or another have the role that resonates the most, she will win. If not, actress who does will win. The mistake that many made with Boseman, for exmaple, is that they thought that what happened to him in real life would resonate more than Hopkins performance. But it didn’t. he didn’t have a role that resonated more and real life situation didn’t hold that much weight when all was said and done because, at the end of the day, they award the performance not someone’s circumstances.

I think you’re greatly underestimating the importance of timing— Chadwick Bozeman died more than 6 months before Oscar voting closed, and The Father was released very close to the time when voting commenced. Had The Father been released six to seven months earlier- say, on the day Boseman died— and had Boseman died three weeks before Oscar voting closed, which is when The Father was released, Chadwick Boseman would have won.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

For me right now:

1. Kirsten Dunst
    2. Cate Blanchett
    3. Jennifer Hudson
    4. Lady Gaga
    5. Jodie Comer

If Dunst or Comer go supporting, I’d say Penélope Cruz or Frances McDormand (if the movie is not too weird).

Kristen Stewart – I liked her indie movies, but she doesn’t struck me as a transformative actress, plus you have to nail Lady D’s accent, voice, manners and shy charisma. It’s a lot for any actress. I’ll wait for a trailer.

Olivia Colman – We all love her, but I would be name-checking at this point. Maggie Gyllenhaal is a great actress, but it’s the first time that she directs a movie and I think this is also her first writing credit (correct me if I’m wrong).

Nicole Kidman – I can’t say too much because “I Love Lucy” was never on television in my country so I’ve only seen a few videos on YouTube about Lucille Ball.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I think you’re greatly underestimating the importance of timing— Chadwick Bozeman died more than 6 months before Oscar voting closed, and The Father was released very close to the time when voting commenced. Had The Father been released six to seven months earlier- say, on the day Boseman died— and had Boseman died three weeks before Oscar voting closed, which is when The Father was released, Chadwick Boseman would have won.

have to disagree. It wasn’t like Boseman’s death was forgotten. Quite the opposite. Media kept reminding us and ABC went as far as changing the award order expecting that he would win. Moreover, those 6 months were used to create (false) impression that he was some kind of legend up there with Poitier, Washington, Freeman, Smith. But he wasn’t. So that 6 months stretch actually helped him rack up tons of awards he otherwise wouldn’t (as I said previously, his performance and movie were the opposite of what critics go for yet they jumped on the wagon as if no one else was in contention) and that secured his nomination and made his win likely until Hopkins won BAFTA. So, no, I don’t think that proximity of death to the end of voting would have changed anything. Hopkins was GOAT and that was acknowledged. and would have been in any other scenario.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Is anyone in here in the AW forum? If yes, it’s t normal for take like a month to get in? If not, what to do? Haha

I’m not but I’ve seen this being discussed on some other forums and the gist is that you need a long standing member’s referal. Which, going by your question, you don’t have. 🙂

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

For me right now:

1. Kirsten Dunst
    2. Cate Blanchett
    3. Jennifer Hudson
    4. Lady Gaga
    5. Jodie Comer

If Dunst or Comer go supporting, I’d say Penélope Cruz or Frances McDormand (if the movie is not too weird).

Based on predicted screen time, I’d say McDormand is more likely to go supporting than Comer.

Also why JHud getting people here so pressed? She’ll have enough support for the performance and MGM will probably fight for her. One of the safest bets by far.

MGM also has Gaga and if HoG is good could well throw most of their campaigning power behind her.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Yes and it’s a sports movie and with all the biopics in the bunch, We need another sports movie to win it’s far too long. I like how she isn’t mentioned, I would like her to surprise the critics. My other choices Kirsten and Jennifer Hudson and maybe just maybe Nicole Kidman.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.