Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 481 through 488 (of 488 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Hopkins was a VERY worthy winner and I would have voted for him if an AMPAS member, but it’s not a coincidence that in a pandemic year, ALL FOUR acting Oscar winners were in movies that were released right before Oscar voting commenced. The shock of Chadwick Boseman’s death had worn off, and a number of voters had started to feel that although he gave an excellent performance, the nature of the campaign waged on his behalf by some had started to feel manipulative. The key role that timing played in Hopkins’ win should take absolutely nothing away from his superb performance.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I heard that there were plot holes but they said Halle performance was good. So Netflix putting bruised with a awards friendly date say a lot the movie may not be a masterpiece but I guess it’s good enough. The film was wasn’t finished when it premiered at Tiff.A movie can be both good and flawed.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I think there’s also the factor that Ma Rainey’s was snubbed for Best Picture (on a sliding scale, but still) and it’s damn near impossible to win Best Actor in for a film not nominated for Best Picture in the preferential era. The Father had a surge and likely took Ma’s place (which I’m not too upset about, The Father was one of my top 3 films of last year). If both had been nominated or if it was the other way around (Ma Rainey’s gets in and The Father doesn’t) Boseman would’ve won.

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

MGM also has Gaga and if HoG is good could well throw most of their campaigning power behind her.

Indeed and is not much common for a studio to get multiple films in one acting category (aside from netflix). But for some reason I see JHud having the edge now. Ofc thats very up in the air cause Gucci release could go either way

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I heard that there were plot holes but they said Halle performance was good. So Netflix putting bruised with a awards friendly date say a lot the movie may not be a masterpiece but I guess it’s good enough. The film was wasn’t finished when it premiered at Tiff.A movie can be both good and flawed.

I’m really rooting for Halle. I really hope Bruised gives her a resurgence in her career like Nicole Kidman had the last few years. And I’m proud of Halle that has gotten to direct a film that Netflix has faith in.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Yes me too I mean  20 long years, White actresses like Nicole and Cate have it easier. While woman of color is still struggling to even get a movie made and even harder for them to get roles that are oscar bait.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I’d like to see Naomie Harris win Best Actress, she was excellent in Moonlight (I probably would’ve picked her for my winner that year). I think she’d be a great winner considering what she’s capable of

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Viewing 8 posts - 481 through 488 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.